• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

TheFlow

Banned
Was out catching some Pokemon on my college campus. I didn't think people would be out there but there were dozens of people all grouped up in different areas with the cops on stand by lol

Has anyone read 20th Century Boys. I remembered I bought the first volume after hearing good things a while back but didn't read it yet. Think I'll dive in this week

Boogiepop

Has anyone read 20th Century Boys. I remembered I bought the first volume after hearing good things a while back but didn't read it yet. Think I'll dive in this week

It was my introduction to Urasawa, and I really, really enjoyed it. If you get into it, don't forget that it goes into like 2 volumes of 21st Century Boys at the very end to wrap things up!

Also, let me ask again: in this sale, all the Grayson stuff is good, right, but did any of that quality extend back into Nightwing? And is Sinestro at all worthwhile?

It was my introduction to Urasawa, and I really, really enjoyed it. If you get into it, don't forget that it goes into like 2 volumes of 21st Century Boys at the very end to wrap things up!

Also, let me ask again: in this sale, all the Grayson stuff is good, right, but did any of that quality extend back into Nightwing? And is Sinestro at all worthwhile?
Cool. Yea I might give it a go. As for the sale I'd pass on Nightwing. It's not bad but pretty forgettable. Sinestro was ok but I lost interest in it.

frye

i think the first 2/3 of that is my favourite Urasawa, but I feel it kiiinda falls apart by the end? Don't regret reading it tho

Ponn

Banned
Pretty much, Tarzan over Herc though but I know the Phil Collins OST is bad

Yes. Yes.
QX2DwMl.jpg

TheFlow

Banned
Nightwing is a cool read but it really is just about Sick finding out about his family origin and what he was supposed to become. I am sure grayson #1 recaps what happens in nightwing.

Owzers

Hearthstone is getting a lot of garbage, new hero that you can only get typical ftp shenanigans, making a friend use your invite code and getting to rank 20. I play hearthstone of course i don't have friends!

Sandfox

Just found out the latest death in civil war 2. Wtf!

I am going to need someone to explain all of this.
It makes sense in context of the event given the ending of the second issue and will cause some major tension in the war. In terms of Marvel/Bendis they probably picked him because he's a notable character that they probably didn't have plans of using.

TheFlow

Banned
It makes sense in context of the event given the ending of the second issue and will cause some major tension in the war. In terms of Marvel/Bendis they probably picked him because he's a notable character that they probably didn't have plans of using.
That makes sense but
hawkeye being the one who does it makes me sad. I gotta read more of the backstory

Vibranium

Banned
"You don't understand, everything dies"
"You first."

Fucking Odinson.

He's still the real Thor to me, dammit! Seriously, Hickman wrote one of the best scenes in Thor history.

I like Jane but I can't wait until Thor is Worthy again and we find out wtf Fury said to him. And on that note, I want more classic Fury, as the avatar shows. I'd like more MAX.

Sandfox

He's still the real Thor to me, dammit! Seriously, Hickman wrote one of the best scenes in Thor history.

I like Jane but I can't wait until Thor is Worthy again and we find out wtf Fury said to him. And on that note, I want more classic Fury, as the avatar shows. I'd like more MAX.

What if Fury told Thor to pretend he's unworthy in order to fufill whatever vision he saw?

20th Century Boys (21st Century Boys) is absolutely fantastic. One of my favorite mangas.

Could not put it down once I started reading it.

She wants to leave her people for Eric, who is a fucking idiot.
Ariel is the goddamned worst. She wants to walk on shore so badly, to be with a guy with whom she's never had a single interaction beyond, "OMG u think he saw me?" that she MAKES A DEAL WITH THE DEVIL.

URSULA IS REGULARLY CALLED A "SEA WITCH" FOR A DAMNED REASON. "NO DAD YOU DON'T GET IT!" NO, YOU DON'T GET IT YOU DUMBASS! "OH JUST SIGN HERE AND GIVE ME YOUR SOU-I MEAN VOICE! IT'S BASICALLY YOUR SOUL THOUGH!"

And Eric's a damned creep, too. "Hey I found this girl. She can't talk. Imma take her!"

Top Bottom