• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

dan2026

At this point you may as well flip a coin with Bendis.

Heads he's good.

Tails he's shit.

Although these days that coin is looking more weighted to one side,

CWII #3 pics floating around on tumblr(like here for instance if you don't care about spoilers).

The "surprise" death is
of course Bruce Banner by Hawkeye because Bendis sucks at hiding stuff and loves making Clint the "killer" avenger in everything he does.

I'm going to bed now. Have fun while Europe sleeps!

Spu63jq.gif

Where is Kabuki in This list? Looks like you have a typo there.

Also WW by Rucka is amazing

Nice, did you get the new TPB? How is the quality?

Has anyone read 20th Century Boys. I remembered I bought the first volume after hearing good things a while back but didn't read it yet. Think I'll dive in this week

Some great art and visuals but it kind of devolved into a mess in the second half. Definitely worth a read though.

The real big comic news today is that All Star Batman is officially Rebirth branded.

So $2.99 then?

Yes! The rumor about Bendis leaving gotg before the next relaunch looks to be correct!

Wonder who'll get the book.

After today's Rebirth purchases I only have 817 issues/collections in my CMX wish list I'm waiting on coming out or, in most cases, going on sale. I'm happy I can control myself and not ending up with 30+ I have to buy right away each week.

Messi

After today's Rebirth purchases I only have 817 issues/collections in my CMX wish list I'm waiting on coming out or, in most cases, going on sale. I'm happy I can control myself and not ending up with 30+ I have to buy right away each week.

This feels pointed at me :(

I hung onto that book for dear life. Truth is that it's shit, and somehow Wilson was worse.
Ddddd same, but I never ended up finishing the shortlived series. I think I stopped partially through Guggenheim's run.

The series introduced me to Monet though which is nice.

TheFlow

Banned
Nightwing Rebirth #1

everything I needed it to be and more. Great dialog, great setups, and
The owls are back in black

5/5

TheFlow

Banned
New Super-Man #1

Ok this book has no right being soo good. Felt like I was reading something from Image till the last couple of pages. I think I enjoyed this more than Green Arrow rebirth.

Edit: No wonder the book was so good then. Gene Luen Yang is behind some of my favorite :01 books. American Born Chinese and level up.

Yea this book is great hands.Can't even think of anybody else more qualified to write this book

5/5

tim1138

New Super-Man #1

Ok this book has no right being soo good
. Felt like I was reading something from Image till the last couple of pages. I think I enjoyed this more than Green Arrow rebirth.

5/5

That's a very odd thing to say about a book written by Gene Luen Yang.

TheFlow

Banned
That's a very odd thing to say about a book written by Gene Luen Yang.

Woah I didn't even look at the team behind it. I really did go in blind.

No wonder the book was so good then. Gene Luen Yang is behind some of my favorite :01 books. American Born Chinese and level up.

Yea this book is great hands.Can't even think of anybody else more qualified to write this book

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Read Civil War II #3

Oh for fucks sake Bendis.

Was obvious since
Amadeus is now Hulk
though :(

shingi70

Banned
The funny thing is that everything about Civil War II (Heroes going in unprepared and dying, a crazy power set, kidnapping and torturing l, heros killing heroes) would lead to the Superhero registeration act from the first series being reenacted.

ElNarez

Banned
Wonder Woman #2 is legit. It's the stuff. The good stuff. The Rucka, Scott and Bagenda stuff. The special stuff. The smart stuff. You know you want it. You know you're gonna get it. It's the stuff. Man. Great comic.

shingi70

Banned

You guys know where I can find the best hentai?

Now you gave me something I cannot forget....

I was thinking of it while my girlfriend was shaving her legs. I mean if she can why doesn't she make her hair in other places grow and make an armor out of it.

It's kinda like it's pretty dumb after so many years and the various X-men getting more powerful, Cyke still can't control his eye beams.

Sounds like DC books are killing it this week? Damn work!

Any impressions on Flash? It's been about the only book of Rebirth I've been most disappointed with. That and being disappointed that Titans isn't twice monthly. It feels like it's been forever since the Rebirth issue.

ElNarez

Banned
Sounds like DC books are killing it this week? Damn work!

Any impressions on Flash? It's been about the only book of Rebirth I've been most disappointed with. That and being disappointed that Titans isn't twice monthly. It feels like it's been forever since the Rebirth issue.

Mostly it's been trying to rebuild the Flash canon with bits of the show, bits of the New 52 run, and all the old comics stuff, which, while it's a joyous exercise for Williamson, who's clearly having tons of fun figuring out how this stuff can work together, has been pretty bad for the book's forward momentum. Like, the Flash is fighting a guy with very vague motivations, while a gigantic but also vague thing is happening to people around him. Also Wally is there. No, the other one.

Mostly it's been trying to rebuild the Flash canon with bits of the show, bits of the New 52 run, and all the old comics stuff, which, while it's a joyous exercise for Williamson, who's clearly having tons of fun figuring out how this stuff can work together, has been pretty bad for the book's forward momentum. Like, the Flash is fighting a guy with very vague motivations, while a gigantic but also vague thing is happening to people around him. Also Wally is there. No, the other one.

I just kind of wish it wasn't so much about tone setting this far in. It seems crazy to say this far in, but with the issues coming this fast it feels like it's been longer than it actually has. It just seems like the most rehash of rehash possible. Rebirth was a rehash of the DC Rebirth book almost literally, and then the first issue was basically rehash of the history of Barry. Just....move on dammit!

Dusknoir

I just kind of wish it wasn't so much about tone setting this far in. It seems crazy to say this far in, but with the issues coming this fast it feels like it's been longer than it actually has. It just seems like the most rehash of rehash possible. Rebirth was a rehash of the DC Rebirth book almost literally, and then the first issue was basically rehash of the history of Barry. Just....move on dammit!

I feel the same for Aquaman. I'm going to wait for the second arc to pick it up agian.

I feel the same for Aquaman. I'm going to wait for the second arc to pick it up agian.

See with Aquaman I feel a bit differently only because it seemed like it was mostly just catching up. Yes they were dealing with the Atlantis/US stuff all before and dealing with Their embassy before but this at least seems like it's a story on it's own while also saying "Hey this is where we left off and we're going to get back to this.". The stuff with Black Manta may be retread but it has at least had something to do while dealing with the rehash. Where Flash has felt like all rehash with almost nothing new to focus on for anyone else. There have been bits but they're just so damn tiny and pointless feeling in the first two issues. That's why I was curious about this issue to see if it actually moved on.

Ross61

The change in quality of New 52 Justice League after Forever Evil is just astonishing. Like, Geoff had to have been held back by editorial.

Top Bottom