• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Thinking about DC mini's made me want to check out how Bloodlines is doing. Sad it's only selling 7k. That book is surprisingly really good and very 90's cheesy horror but in a good way.

Boogiepop

Anyone have advice for how to approach these IDW Ghostbusters comics?

In what regards? If it's in terms of purchasing there are two big hardcovers that I have that cover most of it, but I think at least one may be out of print? But yeah, it's solid enough stuff that I enjoyed and I think will prove enjoyable if you're a fan of the franchise, but I also would say don't go in expecting anything on the level of quality of their TMNT or Transformers.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thank you sir!

its just the covers we already saw leaked but in good quality I guess. Has a few artticles also, and a few covers that I at least hdnt seen.

I have to admit that im slightly more worried at the complete lack of X titles now tho, because this preview includes not only #1s, it includes several books tht are continuing like Strange, Spider Woman, Squirrel Girl etc, not #1s, so... hmm...

In what regards? If it's in terms of purchasing there are two big hardcovers that I have that cover most of it, but I think at least one may be out of print? But yeah, it's solid enough stuff that I enjoyed and I think will prove enjoyable if you're a fan of the franchise, but I also would say don't go in expecting anything on the level of quality of their TMNT or Transformers.
I buy digital singles, and it seems like ten different series pop up when I search for Ghostbusters. I don't know what's what.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I have to admit that im slightly more worried at the complete lack of X titles now tho, because this preview includes not only #1s, it includes several books tht are continuing like Strange, Spider Woman, Squirrel Girl etc, not #1s, so... hmm...

I feel like this is their way of selling Death of X.

They want people freaking out and thinking this will be the end of the X-Men.

It's going to sell way better than any X-Men book has for a while too I bet.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I feel like this is their way of selling Death of X.

They want people freaking out and thinking this will be the end of the X-Men.

It's going to sell way better than any X-Men book has for a while too I bet.

could be, setting up a full relaunch next year?

yeah how much is reading this tweet gonna cost me

TRCxFOI.gif

mreddie

Flash is so meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

If you don't see your favorite characters or series in the listings -- we're looking at you, X-fans!!! -- don't worry! Marvel has informed CBR that this is just a taste of what's in store for the Marvel Universe as 2016 closes out. The X-Men, Wolverine, Spider-Man and more will all be seen in their regular series when October's solicitations roll around later in July.

So why the fuck were they left out?

ElNarez

Banned
I'm gonna go ahead and say it: cut your losses, skip the first arc of The Flash, and come back after everything's set up, because, yeah, the book's gonna move slower than Bendis writing molasses for a good while.

mreddie

Oh no, I think Flash fans are loving it, because it's All Of Their Favourites Being Back. It's that type of book. I mostly fear for the patience of people who are trying to get back on that Flash horse.

I like everyone suddenly being speedsters but man, it doesn't feel like it. Nothing tells me the story is progressing.

ElNarez

Banned
You know what's a Not Terrible but Not Good Either Rebirth book?

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern book. Here's my summary.

"I'm Hal Jordan, and I exist." "I'm Sinestro, and I also exist." "The Green Lanterns also exist" "Yes, and Parallax also also exists." "I'm Hal Jordan, and, again, I totally exist."

THE END.

I think the Rebirth books should not have happened after the initial release of books. I get the point of wanting to have a first book that kind of sets the tone and plays catch up. But it seems weird to do that now weeks after being into rebirth. Just start with number 1. I don't want to be in October and getting Teen Titans Rebirth.

Rhaknar

btw those What If? Infinity books were pretty shit

I think the Rebirth books should not have happened after the initial release of books. I get the point of wanting to have a first book that kind of sets the tone and plays catch up. But it seems weird to do that now weeks after being into rebirth. Just start with number 1. I don't want to be in October and getting Teen Titans Rebirth.
It's a marketing scheme. This way dc gets to have TWO #1s for every launch

It's a marketing scheme. This way dc gets to have TWO #1s for every launch

If we get that far in and they're still basically catch up books that are kind of insignificant will they still sell?

I just think now looking back and none of them mattered at all really. I may just avoid them from here on out unless I hear praise for them or something.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Nightwing was great.
I love the relationship between him and Damian.

Vision was great.
Was not expecting to see Chase, and this take on Victor is interesting, I hope that they go further into it. Has Vibranium ever been used that way before, I know that it's not from the original Runaways books. Sorry Vin, We hardly knew you.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just read GL Corps

Er, why is Sinestro an old man? What have I missed?

But yeah, that was shit. From Venditti so no great shock.

Top Bottom