• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

tim1138

Rebirth rankings for this week:

Wonder Woman
New Super-Man
Nightwing
Flash
'Tec

Not a bad book among them.

I really need a Nightwing arc where he teams up with Damian and Midnighter, that absolutely has to happen.

I'm happy I didn't need to be reading Civil War 2 to follow Power Man and Iron Fist. Walker is doing great stuff in that book, I cannot recommend it enough.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I will respectfully disagree. Damian always talks like that. He looks older in this book though

It was written like the author was this

steve-buscemi-e1351148908640.png

TheFlow

Banned
Only Grant Morrison Damian is canon. Just like all Elektra appearances not written by Frank Miller(and possibly Zeb Wells) are non-canon
If you don't sit your ass down. Frank Miller's Elektra has already been surpassed in story and and art.
61M0GYxjmRL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I own and read all of it and stand by that
elektra lives again is great, but Blackman did it justice.

Boogiepop

I buy digital singles, and it seems like ten different series pop up when I search for Ghostbusters. I don't know what's what.

Sorry for the late response. First off, there's a comixology sale on the digital trades if that works for you, and you'd get all the "main" run if you just grab the numbered volumes from there. I know "Get Real" is some sort of weird crossover between the comic and the cartoon versions, and I haven't read it.

If you're looking at the singles only, I believe International is a sequel mini-series or something, but I haven't read it. But what you're looking for is this and this. Oh, and there's also a crossover with TMNT, but I'd say save that for if you've read both series, probably.

frye

If you don't sit your ass down. Frank Miller's Elektra has already been surpassed in story and and art.
61M0GYxjmRL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I own and read all of it and stand by that
elektra lives again is great, but Blackman did it justice.

this is the worst flow post of all time

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
still not as bad as Messi saying Nextwave is average

Unai

Guys, I was trying to remember in which book Harley Quinn distributes some gameboys and kill a whole bunch of kids through the city. I can't find neither find a scan nor the book that had this. Do any of you know where was this?

Guys, I was trying to remember in which book Harley Quinn distributes some gameboys and kill a whole bunch of kids through the city. I can't find neither find a scan nor the book that had this. Do any of you know where was this?

Much like George Lucas and the Star Wars Holiday Special, Dan Didio has succeeded in erasing/burning/destroying/burying every copy of that story from the planet.

ElNarez

Banned

Villains' Month's Harley Quinn #1, from September 2013

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Mirror is beautiful jibberish. I have only the most basic understanding of what is going on in this book but it's nice to look at though.

When I read that I didn't twitch an eyeball. Seemed pretty in character for Harley's crazy ass.

When Harley is doing bad things in the name of Joker, she's tragic and sympathetic. When she's just doing evil shit on her own accord, then she's just an evil character nobody's gonna have any sympathy for.

Messi

When I read that I didn't twitch an eyeball. Seemed pretty in character for Harley's crazy ass.

Harley hasn't hurt kids intentionally other than this it's pretty dark and outside her wheelhouse so much so DC wheeled it back and let jimmy Palmiotti ignore that it ever happened.

When Harley is doing bad things in the name of Joker, she's tragic and sympathetic. When she's just doing evil shit on her own accord, then she's just an evil character nobody's gonna have any sympathy for.
Also, Harley's not the type to kill kids unless they're really evil. I think the series even retconned this issue out of canon IIRC with Harley at one point going "I don't kill kids but if I did, you wouldn't be alive now" to a mean girl who pretended to be kidnapped.

Edit: Of course Messi ninja'd me!

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I think Stan Lee once said that the hyphen was important in Spider-Man to keep it from looking like Superman when reading quickly. Based on this last page, he was right. Super-Man keeps confusing me.

I didn't read it before I had to head to work, but I'm looking forward to it.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Think the only time I've ever liked Harley was in the Injustice comics with her and Green Arrow

Messi

Also, Harley's not the type to kill kids unless they're really evil. I think the series even retconned this issue out of canon IIRC with Harley at one point going "I don't kill kids but if I did, you wouldn't be alive now" to a mean girl who pretended to be kidnapped.

Edit: Of course Messi ninja'd me!

I take Harley Quinn talk very seriously

Top Bottom