• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Sandfox

It is the same creative teams, they're just being moved around if these rumors are true.
The rumored teams for big name books are completely different and Bleedingcool is also pushing the rumor that Marvel hasn't even decided on creative teams yet.

VanWinkle

Has anyone ordered (or picked up) the Hickman omni?

Once you have it, can you please post the table of contents page and maybe also check if all the "previously in Avengers..." pages, "characters in this issue" pages and the credits pages are still present at the start of each issue?

If I remember to when I get it, I will.

Got Spider-man tickets for 10:00 pm tomm! I don't even know why I am hyped, I didn't really enjoy any of the three spider-man movies I have watched in the theatre. But the trailers for this one looked good.

If I remember to when I get it, I will.

Awesome, thank you!

I hope they at least bunch up the credits pages and move them to the front of the book. It was a pain to see about three filler pages at the beginning of each issue while reading it in singles.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Hey guys, please dont forget that I wont be able to see Spidey until next Friday, so it would be great when we would be cautionous with Spoilers :D

Malyse

If you could force everyone ITT to read five currently ongoing comics, what comics would they be?

The Unbelieveable Gwenpool
Shade the Changing Girl
Tomboy
Mother Panic
Star Wars: Doctor Aphra
Giant Days

In that order.

tim1138

If you could force everyone ITT to read five currently ongoing comics, what comics would they be?

Shade the Changing Girl
Mother Panic
Giant Days

In that order.

Shade the Changing Girl
Green Lanterns
Wild Storm
I Hate Fairyland
Curse Words

Sandfox

Shade the Changing Girl
Mother Panic
Giant Days

In that order.
Daredevil
Guardians
X-Men Blue
America
One of the new Lion Forge books

Shade the Changing Girl
Mother Panic
Giant Days

In that order.

Astro City
Usagi Yojimbo
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
The Wild Storm
Unbelieveable Gwenpool

Probably in that order.

Shade the Changing Girl
Mother Panic
Giant Days

In that order.

XO Manowar
Tomboy
Kill or Be Killed
Ether apparently this was a miniseries with no closure
Black Hammer
Secret Weapons

Sandfox

But next creative teams are being lined up already. So at we'll probably get 12 issues before it's ALL CHANGE PLACES!
What I'm expecting is for things to change during Legacy with classic stuff returning and then the relaunch will launch/change up books with new creative teams to write those characters.

So looking at sales figures, Marvel is about to hit a point where none of their ongoing series crack 50K copies sold per month. That's gotta be scary as shit for them.

That's completely belittling the point as if you can just say that whenever the claim comes up. Just because of technicality doesn't mean the argument is invalid. Without the fan service and love behind the character and team up Batman 23 is just a dumb story that pieced together just to deliver said fan service.

I literally don't understand the core of your argument. Swamp Thing was portrayed interestingly? And not patly? With depth and complication? And his presence posed a significant dilemma to Batman that he was unable to resolve? Which is interesting?

I don't understand how that is
A) Dumb
Quite the opposite, as depth to a story indicates smarts
B) Fan service
If people really liked Swamp Thing that much he'd still have his own series

Sandfox

So looking at sales figures, Marvel is about to hit a point where none of their ongoing series crack 50K copies sold per month. That's gotta be scary as shit for them.
They have all those sales tricks to keep them making money until they find a way to fix things.
WE HAVE A LEGACY CREATIVE TEAM ANNOUNCEMENT

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/07/05/falcon-marvel-legacy-rodney-barnes/

Falcon, by Rodney Barnes (writer/producer on The Boondocks and Everybody Hates Chris) and Joshua Cassara (of Secret Empire: Uprising)
Wasn't expecting that at all.

Sandfox

falcon-1006194.jpg

FALCON #1
Written by RODNEY BARNES
Penciled by JOSHUA CASSARA
Cover by JESUS SAIZ

TAKE FLIGHT!
Continuing directly out of the pages of MARVEL LEGACY #1!

Sam Wilson – winged warrior, avian Avenger and one-time sentinel of liberty – takes to the skies again, reborn and recommitted as the fighter for freedom, THE FALCON!

Engaged in an all-new assignment while training his new partner THE PATRIOT, Sam Wilson soars high and sees all. But Sam’s new mission finds him on a collision course with an enemy way out of his weight class—the demonic BLACKHEART! From the stratosphere to the streets, the Marvel Universe now has a high-flying hero circling above them ready to strike!
I'm sold on this book now. I like the creative team and the interview makes it sound really good.

Vic_Viper

She's gonna be dead so I can't see how that matters...
I really hope that was just a fake out lol. But I can totally see Marvel killing off their most popular new character.

Plus Aaron has said he's going to be working on some new book which is why he had to leave Doctor Strange.

Malyse

XO Manowar
Tomboy
Kill or Be Killed
Ether apparently this was a miniseries with no closure
Black Hammer
Secret Weapons

Shoot. I was coming back to swap Giant Days for Cleopatra in Space (IT COUNTS), but Tomboy is a much better book. I just wish the hiatuses were less frequent, but Mia being well is more important than a consistent release schedule.

So I'll say my runners up are Giant Days, Cleopatra in Space, Meek, Saga, Paper Girls, Snot Girl, and Harpy Gee. And Deadly Class.

SNOT GIRL IS BACK Y'ALL.
Daredevil
Guardians
X-Men Blue
America
One of the new Lion Forge books

WAT. That's kinda mean spirited.

Shoot. I was coming back to swap Giant Days for Cleopatra in Space (IT COUNTS), but Tomboy is a much better book. I just wish the hiatuses were less frequent, but Mia being well is more important than a consistent release schedule.

So I'll say my runners up are Giant Days, Cleopatra in Space, Meek, Saga, Paper Girls, Snot Girl, and Harpy Gee. And Deadly Class.

SNOT GIRL IS BACK Y'ALL.

aw man, you read Tomboy!? we're best buds right now.

And yeah, thankfully it's just been the last few issues. #12 is the final issue, anyway.

Sandfox

Spencer isn't writing Falcon so...

SNOT GIRL IS BACK Y'ALL.

I know lol.

Malyse

Spencer isn't writing Falcon so...

I know lol.

I'm actually going to undrop it for two issues because Kelly Thompson is an incredible writer and I love her books (and her hawkeye). Then back in the trash it goes.
It's ok. #11 wrecked my shit too hard. I don't know how much more I could've taken.

I have the issues and I'm trying to convince myself I don't need the volumes too. HALP.

Is Lazarus really ongoing... Like really ongoing?

Also Godshaper is a mini.

I consider Lazarus to be ongoing. Before it starts again next spring, there will be the 6 months of one-shots. So, close enough, I reckon. This month is Leiber drawing Casey Soloman! Excited!

Ugh, I've avoided finding out if Godshaper is a mini or ongoing, but there you have it. Sad. Oh well. Then it can share it's spot with Motor Girl. 1 mini + 1 mini = 1 ongoing?

Anyone read Angel Catbird? Looks interesting but I don't know what to make of it.

My thoughts from last year.

Finally got around to reading Angel Catbird v1, and I have to say it was rather disappointing. Atwood doesn't have a good grasp of the medium I'm afraid. A lot of info dump and very very basic storytelling with pictures attached. I do like what she wants to write about though and how she is trying to work in her causes but it didn't come together very well.

Pachimari

I am so captivated by the new run of Black Panther, so much that I am trying to map out Wakanda and the neighboring countries. I love all the lore, the tribes, the shamans, the royal family, the places and characters. It's just perfect. I'm up to issue #9 now which isn't available on Marvel Unlimited.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The bar without name Issue in Tangled Web... Damn. I cant believe how every issue is 10/10
This is the best Spider-Man series i have ever read

Sandfox

Jason Aaron on twitter:
The MARVEL LEGACY one-shot is without a doubt the biggest thing I've ever written & sets up everything I'll be doing for Marvel going foward

It also sets up or teases all sorts of other craziness. Including the LEGACY arc of THE MIGHTY THOR. The biggest Thor story I've done so far

Top Bottom