• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Messi

Ribic to do 3 issues then cause massive delays and backlog with fill ins until he is replaced 7 issues in.

BC: Spencer rumored to join ASM. Even BC are going "No way" on this.

giphy.gif

Walking Dead 169: Rick is fucking savage goddamn.
Here we go with this mutiny shit, right when the community is rebuilding. Though Kirkman never does the obvious thing so I'm guessing Dwight backs down at least for now (but then again, that would be too obvious :O). And man that pork and beans stuff with Negan was hilarious so I hope he stays around for the rest of the book even if it's just for silly one-off scenes like this.

BC: Spencer rumored to join ASM. Even BC are going "No way" on this.
There is 0% chance this happens. Marvel would never risk messing up their best selling book's sales by switching writers.

Jesus. Extraordinary X-Men #17 is on MU this week, and what an gut punching emotional issue. Refresher if necessary:
9 year old mutant girl dies of X-Pox at X-Haven in Limbo as Storm prepares for war. Storm (the girl's hero and idol) makes her an X-Man on her death bed.

Lemire is a good writer, yow. I don't know what the consensus was on XvI (it's just getting underway on MU) I assume everyone hated it like most events these days, but Lemire is certainly holding up his end judging by the issue I just read.

The usual Marvel "best selling collections" sale and a Star Wars one on CMX. If you took part in the Amazon cheap weekend there's probably nothing for you here.

Ugh. I don't want Spencer on ASM. Please no.

(Actually, when the day comes that Slott is finally done, I want Peter David to finally get a long run on ASM.)

I kind of have a feeling in my gut that Aaron on a team book at the core of Marvel is not necessarily the best fit for his strengths, buuuuut. It's Aaron. With Ribic. So I'll read it.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Spent the weekend in a cabin on the lake with some friends. Read a bit of GwenPool, which is an excellent comic (god bless Gurihiru) and played a bunch of Secret Hitler, which is an excellent board game.

Messi

Wayward makes Japan look so inviting and a little bit less so but so does Tokyo Ghost. That's a little bit more future though but still clearly inspired. Makes me want to visit and soak up the culture.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Fucking read Mother Panic! Everyone!

I actually need to do this because I have the last 4 issues sitting here unread. Not even sure if I should keep picking it up or not.

Please tell me what makes it good comics. Please. I'm completely open to hearing what makes it a good story or good comic. All I'm basically seeing is what equates to 'I don't get it'.

That's why I think it's love is due to nothing more than the fan service because I haven't seen anything actually said about what is good about it.

Batman 23?

It's just a really phenomenal, done in one story that subverts the usual "you're weird but let's team up" with a dickknocker of a devastating finish where nothing is resolved. Also, Alfred is sweeping up after Swamp Thing.

Guardians #5?

You'll have to wait until Friday. No freebies!

Has anyone ordered (or picked up) the Hickman omni?

Once you have it, can you please post the table of contents page and maybe also check if all the "previously in Avengers..." pages, "characters in this issue" pages and the credits pages are still present at the start of each issue?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Batman 23?

It's just a really phenomenal, done in one story that subverts the usual "you're weird but let's team up" with a dickknocker of a devastating finish where nothing is resolved. Also, Alfred is sweeping up after Swamp Thing.

Guardians #5?

You'll have to wait until Friday. No freebies!

Would that more professional critics would use the term "dickknocker".

Batman 23?

It's just a really phenomenal, done in one story that subverts the usual "you're weird but let's team up" with a dickknocker of a devastating finish where nothing is resolved. Also, Alfred is sweeping up after Swamp.

Not trying to be a dick but this kind of falls in line with me saying it's mostly just fan service. Lol

Resigned to DC never reprinting Starman Omnibus #3 I just cracked and bought all the collected issues individually off Ebay. That gap on my bookcase is going to aggravate my OCD something fierce.

Any good DC or Marvel comic is technically fan service lmao

That's completely belittling the point as if you can just say that whenever the claim comes up. Just because of technicality doesn't mean the argument is invalid. Without the fan service and love behind the character and team up Batman 23 is just a dumb story that pieced together just to deliver said fan service.

A mother who panics when she realizes she's raising her family in the cesspool that is Gotham City. It's a post structuralist critique on urban blight, gentrification, and parenting.

I thought it was about young men from broken homes who lead double lives out in the city at night, and the pervasive high-level fear that their sole parent is going to find out about their "alter egos". It's using superheroes as a metaphor for homosexuality, and really questions whether a face or a mask is a better window into a person's soul.

Or was it about Tipper Gore's reaction to Glenn Danzig's hit single? I can't remember.

Sandfox

It's funny how things went from "Legacy will have the exact same creative teams" to all of the crap from Bleedingcool this past week. I don't believe any of these rumors of course.

It's funny how things went from "Legacy will have the exact same creative teams" to all of the crap from Bleedingcool this past week. I don't believe any of these rumors of course.
It is the same creative teams, they're just being moved around if these rumors are true.

tim1138

I thought it was about young men from broken homes who lead double lives out in the city at night, and the pervasive high-level fear that their sole parent is going to find out about their "alter egos". It's using superheroes as a metaphor for homosexuality, and really questions whether a face or a mask is a better window into a person's soul.

That sounds like Super Friends to me.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Bought the first issues of the all the Young Animal series to check them out, and I also picked up a few number 1s in that Marvel sale and the rest of Gillen's Darth Vader.

I don't know why I do this to myself. My backlog is crazy already.

Is Lady Thor still going to have the same team?

This is an important question.

Top Bottom