• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Danger Girl Premium Format:
Screen_shot_2017-07-19_at_2.45.55_PM.png

Swamp Thing Maquette:

Red Sonja 2017 Premium Format:

Magneto:

Iron Man Mark III Maquette:

Enjoyed the Namor issue of Jean Grey. Se thought he was sexy
and so did I.
Made me want to read more stuff with
Namor.

Gonna pick up the Batwoman issue today even though I decided to drop it. It promises to give backstory on the business on the island with that chick who disappeared and I'm curious.

Dalek

I just skimmed through Secret Empire but did anyone else notice this?

when Bruce speaks he's using the Ultimate Universe lettering, not Prime universe lettering. So that's the Ultimate Universe Hulk

Generation Gone #1: I almost didn't buy this; Kot usually doesn't click with me and it's a thick book. I'm glad I did, I ended up really enjoying it.

I liked the characters a lot; I thought they were all well-defined, interesting, and with compelling motivations by the end of the first issue. I was pleasantly surprised that the main trio didn't all kinda blur together; all three are distinct and they contrast nicely.

The hacking was kinda what you get in most CBS shows. Very silly. But this ultimately works in the story's favor;
Voodoo Hacking is the perfect context for literal spellcasting via computer.
That last scene was intense...gripping...I can't wait to see what happens next. That's right where you want to be at the end of a debut issue. Recommended.

Hawkeye #8: I *loved* Hawkeye #7, and I was a little disappointed by how much this issue puts the brakes on the major developments of the arc somewhat, just to hit us with a heaping helping of exposition and a totally unnecessary B-plot involving Kate doing her normal Hawkeye Investigations Thing. That part of the issue prominently features her crappy supporting cast; I could do without all of them. Eight issues in and they are all still so boring and forgettable. But despite this ongoing problem, the book is now leaps and bounds better than it was in its first six issues. The story with
Kate's dad and Madame Masque
is compelling, and this feels like it's going to be essential reading for fans of the character when all is said and done.

Jean Grey #4: I didn't think this was quite as good as the past three issues. I'm loving Teen Jean's journey throughout this arc, but her decision to seek out Odinson isn't as convincing or logical as the other characters that have been featured so far. I didn't feel like she got much out of it in the end, and I don't feel like I got much out of it as a reader, either. It seemed like there was
too much Odinson and not enough Teen Jean
in general, here.

I still loved the way Jean's powers were portrayed, in fact I wish every creator who is working with a telekinetic character would study the art in this book. It is so much more fun when they aren't just standing around looking constipated. Her
new ability to summon a freakin' TK mjolnir
was marvelous
(but unfortunately, completely spoiled by the cover)
. I need to see more of that.

Malyse

So I gave America another shot because Kelly Thompson is amazing. Now I'm to the point of wondering if I ever even liked the character? Like, has she always been terrible and I just never noticed before? Plus the one good thing was the art and that's not working anymore either.

All New GotG is such a dope book! Like, it feels like they are writing something intended to be super accessible to people who only know the characters from the movies and they are fucking nailing it.

Renew Your Vows continues to be great.

Archie was shockingly brutal. Like, is status quo still god in the reboot? Cause if not…

Astonishing X-Men was fantastic. Good lord I love the writing here. I think the last time I was this interested in the dynamics of a team was Champions. And Cheung on art? This is a top tier X book, right under Jean and Wolverine on my ranking. Higher than Blue.

tkscz

So... that Riri becoming evil theory might not be as far off as I thought. Also, I normally don't take screens of digital comics, but this face, I just, Mera remains one of my favorite super heroes
cVSCqAm.png

It is right? I would snap the book up in an instant just for the art if the interiors were as nice. Somehow I doubt it though. This is much better than the cover he did for Michael Cray recently too, not sure what went wrong there but I wasn't feeling it.

To be fair, I think that was just Sink inking Denys Cowan

Sandfox

Have you tried Black Hammer?

Maybe not ANY team book but I think JSA could be pretty wonderful under Lemire
I think Black Hammer is cool, but that it's more of a deconstruction that doesn't act like a team book. It's more focused on the individual characters rather than the team and them doing stuff.

I wouldn't be opposed to a JSA book though lol.

Wanderer5

Hey Lore, if you are going to make a thread for Ikemen Nightwing, include that they are planning for the rest of the Robins and Bruce (maybe it be updated).

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cn2gJQCUsAAi-ui.jpg[/IMG]

I wonder who they are going to work on next. I would kill for Bishoujo Steph, and have Tim display with her then.XD

Hey Lore, if you are going to make a thread for Ikemen Nightwing, include that they are planning for the rest of the Robins and Bruce (maybe it be updated).

Code:

I wonder who they are going to work on next. I would kill for Bishoujo Steph, and have Tim display with her then.XD
Noted. Will wait for pics and see if there's any PR.

Dalek

Ok after X-Men Blue, Secret Empire, Spider-Men II, Ultimates and Mighty Thor-I think Marvel is really hinting that the Ultimate Universe isn't over yet. They've made lots of references to it lately.

wish America #5 was a better comic, buuuuut it had too many things I like working for it (namely, America, Kate, AmeriKate, Villalobos/Bonvillain, and Thompson's Hawkeye) for me to dislike it

Oh wait. lol. That makes a lot more sense now! I've saw better Cowan tbf but I thought that looked specifically odd.
Yeah it's not my favorite, though i generally enjoy their work

Code:

Cool.

Ok after X-Men Blue, Secret Empire, Spider-Men II, Ultimates and Mighty Thor-I think Marvel is really hinting that the Ultimate Universe isn't over yet. They've made lots of references to it lately.

Ultimate Peter Parker is gonna be the only one not to come back :(

Top Bottom