• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my god babs Harley

Her black and white Batman is pretty cool too.

Closer look:

DFIvAAHUQAAhfrV.jpg

Wanderer5

Jessica Cruz Bombshell

That is quite lovely. The cones are a nice touch ha ha.

And ugh, where is stuff from Kotobukiya?! I need to see Nightwing and his painted ass!

Edit: Cover Girls Batgirl and Supergirl looking good (through Supergirl probably looks better from the side).

Code:
[IMG]http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2017/07/SDCC-2017-DC-Collectibles-Statues-005.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2017/07/SDCC-2017-DC-Collectibles-Statues-004.jpg[/IMG]

error4041

Astonishing X-Men was pretty good, I've never been able to get into the X-Men before, but I really enjoyed Astonishing, hopefully it stays good and helps me get into other X-Books.

And ugh, where is stuff from Kotobukiya?! I need to see Nightwing and his painted ass!

Edit: Cover Girls Batgirl.

Code:
[IMG]http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2017/07/SDCC-2017-DC-Collectibles-Statues-005.jpg[/IMG]
Oh that's cool

Messi

Edit: Cover Girls Batgirl and Supergirl looking good (through Supergirl probably looks better from the side).

Code:

[IMG]http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2017/07/SDCC-2017-DC-Collectibles-Statues-004.jpg[/IMG]

Oh ffs DC

PsychBat!

Banned
America #5

Really dialogue heavy. Got bored fast. Action scenes are not paced well.
When Kate shoots at a motorcyclist and yells that it's a cyborg, it's done in one panel. It could've been done in three or four small ones where she shoots at it, realizes the cyclist doesn't flinch, shoots at head, then announce her discovery.

Malyse

Ha ha, why is Spider-Man so terrible with teenage girls? Nadia hates him and Riri seems to be heading right down the same path. I loved the Family Business OGN, so I'm super excited that Teresa is back in play. Also, I didn't know that was in canon. Are all of the OGN canon? I know Rage of Ultron is.

It would be nice if there was a good ongoing Inhumans book. Royals certainly isn't it. Plus it's a little too in the weeds with Inhuman history. Don't think people know inhuman lore, Marvel. No one does.

I think I have the same problem with Secret Empire that I do with the War of Jokes and Riddles in that both feel very disjointed. I feel like I'm missing a page or skipped a chapter with both and it's quite disconcerting. That being said, I still like both of them for what they are. I suppose it's a core part of my nature to judge things for their potential instead of their purely objective quality. I think most stories have a kernel of a good idea or concept certral to them; this is why something as unloved as the Civil War comic event could be redeemed as a fascinating novel and a highly regarded film. I think that there's that potential in a lot of comics in fact. A good idea executed badly is not remotely the same as a bad idea.

New Patriot can kick rocks though.

Also, the Tony and Steve page was fantastic. One of my favorite pages of anything.

Emma Frost is an actual crazy person now.

Is that a new uniform on Starfire in Super Sons? Cause it looks great. Also, walking towards the camera at a canted angle is my favorite overused trope. Also! I support anything that fucks up Damien Wayne.

Superman felt like it was mandated to make sure kids learned something during vacay. It was super sentimental, but considering the state of the DCEU and more importantly the country, it was nice.

War Thor is everything. Holy crap, give me his book. "What in the Hel is that ward made of?"
"Rage." Man am I gonna miss Jane Thor. Such a fantastic book. They really should recast Jane Foster.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The Mighty Thor #21.

Yo, that chapter was great. Bummer that it was yet another filler artist, though, this person did a pretty good job but no one can hold a candle to Russell Dauterman. Hopefully he is back next month.

PsychBat!

Banned
Ha ha, why is Spider-Man so terrible with teenage girls? Nadia hates him and Riri seems to be heading right down the same path. I loved the Family Business OGN, so I'm super excited that Teresa is back in play. Also, I didn't know that was in canon. Are all of the OGN canon? I know Rage of Ultron is.

I'm 100% sure it's less that teenage girls hate Spidey and more that every writer and their mothers have written Spidey to be unpopular with teens or something.

Is that a new uniform on Starfire in Super Sons? Cause it looks great. Also, walking towards the camera at a canted angle is my favorite overused trope. Also! I support anything that fucks up Damien Wayne.

Don't be a hater. Also, Emma has lost her mind a long time ago.

Malyse

Astonishing X-Men was pretty good, I've never been able to get into the X-Men before, but I really enjoyed Astonishing, hopefully it stays good and helps me get into other X-Books.
I love it.
Who the fuck is reading Deadpool Kills Again, I saw the pages on Twitter. Jezzus, people liked this?

It's bewildering, the book is trash.
I think it's a better take on Deadpool than the original. It feels more in character.
I think they're going to fuck up Gwenpool though.
America #5

Really dialogue heavy. Got bored fast. Action scenes are not paced well.
When Kate shoots at a motorcyclist and yells that it's a cyborg, it's done in one panel. It could've been done in three or four small ones where she shoots at it, realizes the cyclist doesn't flinch, shoots at head, then announce her discovery.
Yup. Still a no good very bad book.

----

Trinity on the other hand is a great book. I still like The Wild Storm. I still don't understand The Wild Storm.

USAvengers has a lot of really awful puns. They really need a character that's exasperated by the constant terrible punnage. Also, Toni Ho is an underrated character. She's amazing.

This is the most interesting Kitty has been in a long time. X-Men Gold is building toward Secret Empire pretty well too.

Done for the week!

Messi

They could have kept the sports bra and see through jacket. Although toy makers probably don't have the tech to make that effect.

Yeah they wouldn't do that for a mass produced DC collectible. I wish they would but I'd be stunned if the collectible even looks like that pic. Same goes for Joelles statues.

PsychBat!

Banned
Spider-Man 2099 #25
Farewell, for now. The whole series has been solid with many high highs (Civil War II, Elektra, Sinister Six 2099) and one low (Venture escapes to the present). Spider-Man and the rotating cast of supporting characters in each arc have been fantastic. Not to mention the villains have been over the top, in a good way. I'll talk about it more at length later.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #27

Yesss a Jason centric story(maybe). Move over Tommy!

Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #2
Ah I liked this one way better than the first. I'll definitely be sticking around.

All-New Guardians of the Galaxy #6
It's so surreal seeing them with a personality again. I'm too scared to fully embrace them.

WMD Part 3
This crossover of TA Hulk and Weapon X is super great so far. I love it.

Top Bottom