• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #2
Ah I liked this one way better than the first. I'll definitely be sticking around.

I'm surprised by how normal it is. I was expecting Chip's zany-ness to be turned up to 11, but it's a fairly standard book, and I like it a bunch.

Maybe I'll check out some 4th world stuff with the DC sale. Where do I start?

Also, can anyone give me the details on the Marvel sale? I was hoping to catch up on Gwenpool.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

Also, can anyone give me the details on the Marvel sale? I was hoping to catch up on Gwenpool.

2017 Best-Sellers and Best-Selling Collections. All pre-selected stuff. Marvel is so stingy with these things.

And it doesn't look like Gwenpool is among the options. Sorry. You should check it out though, it's great.

Wanderer5

Artfx+ Catwoman with Harley and Ivy.

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFJL6rLVoAEFE89.jpg[/IMG]

Artfx+ Justice League, $80 each lmao

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFJAm3pVwAAb3P-.jpg:large[/IMG]

Urgh, that's a difficult to impossible question. the "main" stuff is basically New Gods, The Forever People, Mister Miracle, and Jimmy Olsen (go figure). It's hard to say which issues in particular to check out, with the Fourth World you're either in whole hog or it might not be worth it. New Gods and Forever people miiiiight be a bit more central than Mister Miracle. Sort of. Maybe? But the story sort of bops around across the various books (although Jimmy Olsen fades out by ~ halfway, and New Gods and Forever People only make it to issue 11 while Mister Miracle keeps going after that)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'm surprised by how normal it is. I was expecting Chip's zany-ness to be turned up to 11, but it's a fairly standard book, and I like it a bunch.
Very excited for the first trade, even while I really dont like the new Looter.

Ok after X-Men Blue, Secret Empire, Spider-Men II, Ultimates and Mighty Thor-I think Marvel is really hinting that the Ultimate Universe isn't over yet. They've made lots of references to it lately.

Can you elaborate a bit more for me?

Dalek

Very excited for the first trade, even while I really dont like the new Looter.

Can you elaborate a bit more for me?

In X-Men Blue, Jimmy Hudson from the Ultimate Universe showed up. In Spider-Men II, Miles and Peter found the device that was a portal between their universes and it's still working. In Mighty Thor, someone has found and used Ultimate Thor's hammer. In Secret Empire today, Bruce Banner
"speaks" in the Ultimate Universe font, while Cap speaks in the Prime universe font
, in Ultimates today, The Maker fools around with the universe and
seemingly pulls The Ultimate Universe's Ultimates (Cap, Iron Man, etc. into our universe

Sandfox

In X-Men Blue, Jimmy Hudson from the Ultimate Universe showed up. In Spider-Men II, Miles and Peter found the device that was a portal between their universes and it's still working. In Mighty Thor, someone has found and used Ultimate Thor's hammer. In Secret Empire today, Bruce Banner
"speaks" in the Ultimate Universe font, while Cap speaks in the Prime universe font
seemingly pulls The Ultimate Universe's Ultimates (Cap, Iron Man, etc. into our universe
There's even more stuff than that.

Yeah, you have to have been reading a number of books, but they've been dropping hints for a while now.

Jessica Jones is also supposed to be dealing the potential aftermath, I believe.

Astonishing X-Men #1: Well damn. Charles Soule came to goddamn play. Strong characters, good ending twist.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I was about to get excited and say, that this confirms that recent Reddit rumor, but then I remembered that you said that this stuff was already going on for a longer time

Urgh, that's a difficult to impossible question. the "main" stuff is basically New Gods, The Forever People, Mister Miracle, and Jimmy Olsen (go figure). It's hard to say which issues in particular to check out, with the Fourth World you're either in whole hog or it might not be worth it. New Gods and Forever people miiiiight be a bit more central than Mister Miracle. Sort of. Maybe? But the story sort of bops around across the various books (although Jimmy Olsen fades out by ~ halfway, and New Gods and Forever People only make it to issue 11 while Mister Miracle keeps going after that)

Thanks for the info. I don't want to have to sort it out. I know there are 4th world omnibi. Maybe I can start there... Someday.

Messi

oh, it was 4chan? Didnt knew this.

Dunno, a lot of that stuff sounded pretty good IMO

That's exactly why it's fake. Write some too good to be true teams and books and sprinkle in "Marvel are sick of Bendis and or Slott" and you have yourself a 4chan fake rumour.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
That rumor was fake. I wouldn't believe the stuff posted on 4chan lol.

That's exactly why it's fake. Write some too good to be true teams and books and sprinkle in "Marvel are sick of Bendis and or Slott" and you have yourself a 4chan fake rumour.

Yeah, people pointed out why it was fake. I think when you dont read all the books on the street date and have to wait for the collection, it may look a bit more real.

That rumor didn't have the Cates reveal, that would have made it something.
Who is that and why should I be excited? I think I have never heard of that person.

Ross61

This was the character cut-off from the corner of the Dark Matter tease:
Image-uploaded-from-iOS-17-263x350.jpg

Messi

Yeah, people pointed out why it was fake. I think when you dont read all the books on the street date and have to wait for the collection, it may look a bit more real.

Who is that and why should I be excited? I think I have never heard of that person.

He wrote God County for image recently and Baby teeth for AfterShock. He's good. He's on Dr Strange with Walta soon.

Sandfox

Cates is going to be at Marvel's panel today/tomorrow talking about his new book so I wonder if we're going to get more creative teams. We know that Bachalo's new gig will be revealed on Friday(Most likely at the Spider-Man panel).

I'm still holding out for Max Bemis Moon Knight.

Vic_Viper

Any word of Comixology doing a Image sale?

Want to pick up the last few issues of Black Monday Murders and Seven to Eternity, just not sure if I should wait a bit. Do the single issues of BMM have all the same extra content as the trade? Like the random info dumps spread throughout?

Will probably pick up Doom Patrol and Mother Panic from the DC sale since im waiting for the Deluxe editions for everything else I want.

btw, Astonishing X-Men was awesome. Way better than I expected. Really like the art too.

Dalek

Astonishing X-Men was fantastic. Reminded me of old-school X-Men stories with a new coat of paint. Very highly recommended.

The most recent Walking Dead issue sucked.
Jesus and Aaron wouldn't be excited to go on this trip and discover a new network?
Bullshit.
Maggie reacting to the news of Neegan being free by calmly frowning and wagging a finger?
Bullshit.
Dwight turning on Rick because of his nutso ex who he surely knew was nutso?
Bullshit!

Ugh. I don't think I've enjoyed this book wince the Whisper stuff ended. Bleh.

Yeah, you have to have been reading a number of books, but they've been dropping hints for a while now.

Jessica Jones is also supposed to be dealing the potential aftermath, I believe.

Astonishing X-Men #1: Well damn. Charles Soule came to goddamn play. Strong characters, good ending twist.

Fantastic book. I'm in shock. X-Men are back, baby.

Top Bottom