• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Post-Ultimatum Ultimate X-Men is a good read.

8a737023c42fb2930551684359a2d2b6.jpg

One of my favorite covers ever. Don't even know the context and don't really care.

I've always heard good things about Ultimate Fantastic Four that makes me really curious.

Need some suggestions ComicsGAF. Any good cyberpunk stories? I'm open to just about any suggestions. I really like fantasy/scifi hybrids, think mystical+technology, technomancy. The more magic the better. Bonus points if it's on Comixology Unlimited.

I started reading Rai (thanks to the Valiant OT) and it's not far off from what I'm looking for. If that helps narrow it down a bit.

Mindwipe

I went to look and see if Countdown was cheap in the BOGOF sale, but it's still not got trades on CMX, and the individual issues mean it's just shy of £40 for the series.

C'mon DC. The thing is trash. Be realistic here.

Need some suggestions ComicsGAF. Any good cyberpunk stories? I'm open to just about any suggestions. I really like fantasy/scifi hybrids, think mystical+technology, technomancy. The more magic the better. Bonus points if it's on Comixology Unlimited.

I started reading Rai (thanks to the Valiant OT) and it's not far off from what I'm looking for. If that helps narrow it down a bit.

Here is a list of recommendations

Mindwipe

Need some suggestions ComicsGAF. Any good cyberpunk stories? I'm open to just about any suggestions. I really like fantasy/scifi hybrids, think mystical+technology, technomancy. Bonus points if it's on Comixology Unlimited.

East of West (definitely). Lazarus (more sci-fi and towards the Rai end). Maybe Zero (it's... erm...trippy towards the end). The first trade of Roche Limit (it goes to hell after that, but the first trade is self contained). Aphrodite IX.

I think there's one trade of a few of those on CMXU.

I think the first Deus Ex Human Revolution comic was pretty good. Bit hard to get though, I think.

Aizo

Banned
I laughed.
I figured I'd be the only one amused. Glad to see that's not the case.
--
I am excited to buy way too many DC comics when I get home tonight, but I'm also excited for the concert I'm seeing in a few moments. I came to see this IDM/Experimental Black Metal hybrid band I love, but there is also a Metal Idol group playing before them that I've never seen before. Should be very interesting at least.

I literally haven't read in since release but I really liked Surrogates way back when. Not so much the movie they made lol

I'm also excited for the concert I'm seeing in a few moments. I came to see this IDM/Experimental Black Metal hybrid band I love, but there is also a Metal Idol group playing before them that I've never seen before. Should be very interesting at least.

Is it Babymetal? If it's not, it should be. Pray to the fox God!

East of West (definitely). Lazarus (more sci-fi and towards the Rai end). Maybe Zero (it's... erm...trippy towards the end). The first trade of Roche Limit (it goes to hell after that, but the first trade is self contained). Aphrodite IX.

I think there's one trade of a few of those on CMXU.

I think the first Deus Ex Human Revolution comic was pretty good. Bit hard to get though, I think.
Thanks for all the recommendations. I've got a lot of reading to do now. I know you all get asked to do it all the time, so sorry to be a bother.

Really excited to delve into the Image stuff, Mindwipe. Already downloaded the first trades of most of those.

I hated that dumb ending and Bruce Willis' hideous toupee.

Lol I can barely remember the details, just that every change they made from the book seemed to actively work against or undermine what the comic was trying to say or get you to think about. Really dumb stuff. Good for Venditti I guess though.

Mindwipe

Thanks for all the recommendations. I've got a lot of reading to do now. I know you all get asked to do it all the time, so sorry to be a bother.

Really excited to delve into the Image stuff, Mindwipe. Already downloaded the first trades of most of those.

TBH I think the one thing ComicGAF agrees on universally is we all like writing lists of recommendations so we look all worldly and well read and shit.

Wanderer5

Ikemen: Yes! Any more pictures?

Here is a couple more. There is an alt mask part.

Code:
[IMG]http://www.figures.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/wppa/14068.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.figures.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/wppa/14071.jpg[/IMG]

Also hey Freeza, didn't you want a Bishoujo Pinhead, because:

Code:
[IMG]https://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/de6e16073620022b78a7e0e4f026178975c0e070-565x800.jpg[/IMG]

There you go.:p

I think a lot of people would be happy with a character that just made an apparent win Injustice 2 #15.

Plastic Man, by way of the happy DiCaprio meme.

ElNarez

Banned
Guys don't do this to me, don't build my hopes up for a good x book again unless you mean it ha

Imagine an X-Men book, but instead of being about the shitty O5 and their quest for a payoff on whatever Bendis was thinking that one time or being shit or not living up to its very cool lineup, it's got good characters and it's good and also it looks good.

That's Astonishing X-Men.

dh4niel

Guys don't do this to me, don't build my hopes up for a good x book again unless you mean it ha

Haha. Should've mentioned I haven't actually read that Astonishing #1 yet. I love my x-boys and girls so I'll give you an honest opinion when I read it. I did have high hopes though.

The Wild Storm #6: That opening fight sequence.

Davis-Hunt is so damn impressive with his panel layouts and pacing.

I wonder why Ellis calls this an arc. Sure, there is a new status quo (
Cray at Skywatch and Angie with Halo Corp
), but mostly it just feels like a straight continuation into the next issue.

Also, that page with Adrianna!

SPOILER

It is great to see all the nuances in the decision making and interactions (
like why Angie split the bunker)

Aizo

Banned
My face still hurts. The band leader thanked me for always coming out. I'm remembered!

I'm on a train, but it's more of a metaphorical bullet, and my final destination is my brain. When I arrive back, I'll be buying all those DC comics, so RIP.

Messi

Imagine an X-Men book, but instead of being about the shitty O5 and their quest for a payoff on whatever Bendis was thinking that one time or being shit or not living up to its very cool lineup, it's got good characters and it's good and also it looks good.

That's Astonishing X-Men.

I wouldn't get too attached to the art.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
JUl2wQ5l.jpg

Just got the last chapter to read, it's really damn good so far, but then again, when isn't it when those two team up? Thought the 'Noir' part was just there because it was the black and white edition, but this is definitely a noir story. The way Russo draws light, especially in some scenes that are just filled with rain, is really beautiful.

Finally got around to read Gotham By Gaslight. Pretty cool book. It didn't bowl me over, Augustyn is quite wordy and the reveal was kind of easy to call but there's quite a few good twists and wrinkles on the way there that put a good use to the time period and the novelty of a Victorian era Batman & Gotham. The wordiness does suit the style of book and time setting too, even if I didn't love it. Super strange to see Mignola work not colored by Dave Stewart but it's strong stuff. Even back then he had the ability to set a tone and mood. The smokey dirty industrial streets are really great, it's hard not to imagine what a Bat book under his pen would look like now.

Mindwipe

Bleeding Cool leading with a very big story spoiler about the identity of Mr Oz if people are trying to avoid it.

And on a "this is what we've heard is going to happen genuinely in advance" rather than "here's something given away in next week's issue" level.

I think it sounds plausible enough, and I think it's pretty good if true. But I guess we'll see.

Bleeding Cool leading with a very big story spoiler about the identity of Mr Oz if people are trying to avoid it.

And on a "this is what we've heard is going to happen genuinely in advance" rather than "here's something given away in next week's issue" level.

I think it sounds plausible enough, and I think it's pretty good if true. But I guess we'll see.

Sounds a lot better than any theories I've heard to this point. Not sure if the Red Robin/Hope aspect makes sense tho.

Top Bottom