• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Alright, I'll give the first doom patrol arc a read. I do like weird and I don't mind book that require some effort. Speaking of which, I'll re-read Shade #1 and then the next couple to see if that one is for me, too.

SPOILER: There's still 5 more issues left, Miles is John Cena.

W7f2Hvx.gif

Does this mean Captain America is Roman Reigns?

Malyse

Is everyone just pretending Wolverine isn't an X book or is everyone pretending that it's not great? Because I'll fight you on that. Wolverine is fantastic and had one of the single biggest emotional payoffs in anything ever when she
finally fucking murdered Kimura.

X-Ranks
All New Wolverine
Jean Grey
Astonishing X-Men
X-Men Blue
Ice Man
Weapon X
X-Men Gold
Cable
Generation X

Is everyone just pretending Wolverine isn't an X book or is everyone pretending that it's not great? Because I'll fight you on that. Wolverine is fantastic and had one of the single biggest emotional payoffs in anything ever when she

X-Ranks
All New Wolverine
Jean Grey
Astonishing X-Men
X-Men Blue
Ice Man
Weapon X
X-Men Gold
Cable
Generation X

Oh yeah, right. Wolverine is totally great.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

X-Ranks
All New Wolverine
Jean Grey
Astonishing X-Men
X-Men Blue
Ice Man
Weapon X
X-Men Gold
Cable
Generation X

Wolverine and Spider-Woman were my two favorite ANAD books.

Also I was going to pick up Astonishing X-Men until I saw the price. I can wait six months.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

X-Ranks
All New Wolverine
Jean Grey
Astonishing X-Men
X-Men Blue
Ice Man
Weapon X
X-Men Gold
Cable
Generation X
Old Man Logan also exists

Malyse

Mother Panic and Shade are two of the best books around. If you wanna make it three Gwenpool is Marvel's best book.
I'll go search Marvel Unlimited right away, thanks!

I like Whedon's run too. Actually, I don't hate any of the books called "Runaways", nor do I think that Avengers Arena/Avengers Undercover is terrible.
Old Man Logan also exists

Put it at the bottom. He hurt Gabby so fuck him.

Malyse

Assuming that Wolverine is in fact returning, there are as many Wolverines (and adjacents) as Spiders.

James Howlett
Laura Kinney
Gabby Kinney
Old Man Logan
Jimmy Hudson
*Bellona
*Victor Creed

vs

Peter Parker
Miles Morales
Cindy Moon
Anya Corazon
Jessica Drew
*Miguel O'Hara
*Gwen Stacy

(only listing the relevant and not dead ones. Kick rocks Mattie)

Steve Rogers - This is my yard now.

"My name... is Miles Morales... and I am a cerrtified G, and a bonafide stud... and YOU CAN'T TEACH THAT. And this right here, this is Big Amadeus Cho... and he's 10 feet tall (sometimes)... and YOU CAN'T TEACH THAT." 'Hit 'em with it 'Mo!" "Bada Boom! Realest replacement heroes in the room. HOW YOU DOIN?"

I'm on All New Wolverine #16 (this week on MU), and I think it's a great book, but goddamn, would it be too much to ask to have David Lopez draw it, just maybe? He only did the first arc then they moved him to Daredevil, apparently. Now it has switched to Nik Virella, who's definitely a step up from Ig Guara who was on the last arc, but still... it feel like a LOT of these books had top tier artists for the first storyline then downgraded to dubious bullpenners.

Someone pointed out that Mr. Terrific etc on that poster are done by Reis. All the others are by the artists who already have their Dark Matter books.

Malyse

I'm on All New Wolverine #16 (this week on MU), and I think it's a great book, but goddamn, would it be too much to ask to have David Lopez draw it, just maybe? He only did the first arc then they moved him to Daredevil, apparently. Now it has switched to Nik Virella, who's definitely a step up from Ig Guara who was on the last arc, but still... it feel like a LOT of these books had top tier artists for the first storyline then downgraded to dubious bullpenners.

You should read Gwenpool. Gurihiru is on most of the issues.

Stalk

Any UK gaf going to LSCC? Got a ticket since they got Bendis and i figure I'll probably not see him again hah. Haven't been to one in two years tho, dunno what it's like now.

Unit24

East of West is better than Saga.

Eh, I read volume 1 and I just couldn't get invested in it. I much prefer Saga's more character focused storytelling over East of West's world building. I see a lot of praise for it, so I might give it another go, but so far I'm more confused by it than anything.

PsychBat!

Banned
Eh, I read volume 1 and I just couldn't get invested in it. I much prefer Saga's more character focused storytelling over East of West's world building. I see a lot of praise for it, so I might give it another go, but so far I'm more confused by it than anything.

It's Hickman-y isn't it?

SDCC is really fun but man, the amount of people is straight overwhelming. You could barely move last time I went (2012). Worth experiencing if you ever get the chance though.

Top Bottom