• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2013. Nothing can stop the Juggernaut! ...except E3 BREAKING NEWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
fml, trying to sort my comics and I haven't done it since Second Coming

uuuuggghhhhh

I had like 6 months + all the Legion titles I've ebayed over that time to take care of. It was a test of willpower and endurance.

Add to that I decided to redo my filing system. I wanted to put canceled or finished series in their own box(es). Then Legion deserves its own boxes. And ugh. I cried manly tears. But it was worth it. So pretty now.

Could someone recommend a good set of Deadpool comics for a friend to start on? Preferably stuff available digitally as he's stuck at home for a while.

Tizoc

cNiws1w.jpg

qUkYNUL.gif

Could someone recommend a good set of Deadpool comics for a friend to start on? Preferably stuff available digitally as he's stuck at home for a while.

The original Deadpool comics are collected in Deadpool Classic which are a good start.
Alternatively there's Cable and Deadpool which is pretty good too.

Wolfman is the only one I really like. He had his own cool series though.

He's been relegated to such a minor role in IU, though. I assumed the series would be more like the portions of Invincible that focused on other characters, like the arc with Robot and Monster Girl. Guess not.

Empowered special #4
Locke and Key #5
East of West #3

All New Xmen #12
Avengers #13
Red She-Hulk #66
Superior Spiderman #11
XFactor #257

Swamp Thing #21
Earth 2 #21
maybe Green Lantern but I doubt it

X-factor and Locke and Key give it to me noooow

Hooray for lists.

Empowered Special #4: Animal Style
Locke & Key Omega #5
East of West #3
Age of Ultron #9
Fearless Defenders #5
Superior Spider-Man #11
Thanos Rising #3
Uber #2

WTF DC, there's 12 issues of Batman in September between Batman, Detective and Dark Knight? and that's not counting all the other Batman series. Guess i'm getting out now while the getting is good

Already read The Long Haloween. Which of these Batman books that I have already bought should I read next?

Batman The Court of the Owls nu52 Vol 1.
Batman The Killing Joke.
batman arkham asylum a serious house on serious earth.
Batman Hush.

Owzers

JLoA #3 was fairly bad, #4 got good at the end but i already know from the solicits just released that
catwoman is not dead, and i read that before reading issue #4, so none of it mattered really

One more issue to go before i'm done with the issues i pre-ordered. These 3d issues are going to be collector's items, better buy more than one issue each guys.

tim1138

Already read The Long Haloween. Which of these Batman books that I have already bought should I read next?

Batman The Killing Joke.
Batman Hush.

Arkham Asylum.

dan2026

I love comics.

Has there ever been a more perfect medium.

Its like a film with a budget only restrained by your imagination and the depth of a good novel.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
WTF DC, there's 12 issues of Batman in September between Batman, Detective and Dark Knight? and that's not counting all the other Batman series. Guess i'm getting out now while the getting is good

+
Batman & Robin:
* Two-Face

It's odd that the Ventriloquist isn't directly associated with Batgirl, I wonder if that book will get another villain too.

Especially since they say they're doing 52, without a one-to-one relationship, but why not use the direct tie-in?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Arkham Asylum.

Seconded. And then read up on some of the backmatter/industry stuff about it if you want to hear about why Dave Mckean, the artist, thinks that the book didn't work artistically.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Read it last night, pretty good. Also read American Vampire it was okay, got a bit too much hype more than it deserves, got annoyed with the "villain" that kept coming back. Will start reading Great Pacific and Fatale soon. The first issue of Morning Glories was odd not sure if I want to read more though, reminds me of several manga I've read before.

What character are you talking about?

tim1138

It seems short and sweet so I think I will.

Anyways, like ive said a few times in the May thread, I just got into comics at the age of 31 and my wife 28 and this was our haul for one month.

Welcome to ComicsGAF, feel free to jump into discussion whenever. We're mostly a friendly lot.

And whenever you list a bunch of titles asking which to read and one is a Grant Morrison book, just go ahead and read the Morrison book first.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
September is...Batman Bondage Month.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno if he's talking about Skinner but either way: fuck Skinner. Snyder and Alberquerque are trying to do a charismatic ~coool~ character but he's an annoying shit.

For me I kind of bounce around between liking and hating Skinner. He is never consistent in the way he acts but I guess that is the point.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Batman The Killing Joke.
Batman Hush.

All of them.

For me I kind of bounce around between liking and hating Skinner. He is never consistent in the way he acts but I guess that is the point.

That's sort of the point.

Az987

all good things
So I have $80 to spend and I want to buy an omnibus but I don't really know what to buy.

I mostly read Marvel stuff and I kind of wanted an X-men one but Uncanny X-men doesn't get a reprint until September. Is Age of Apocalypse any good?

Anyone want to recommend something? I'm open to suggestions.

It doesn't have to be Marvel.

I just realized that Sinestro is part of that villians united thing. Guess Geoff Johns creative hold isn't as strong as it used to be. What happened to
"Sinestro left and was never heard from again"
lol like that was going to stick

Az987

all good things

ZoddGutts

I dunno if he's talking about Skinner but either way: fuck Skinner. Snyder and Alberquerque are trying to do a charismatic ~coool~ character but he's an annoying shit.

Yeah, Skinner. Found him to be more annoying and an asshole. Got tired of his character. I wanted to see more of the other characters. Like the dad with the he's vampire? kid and the young woman who wanted to avenge he's dad due to Skinner but we only ended up seeing small glimpse of them some of the other characters too besides the Female american vampire her husband.

Uhhhh, heads up... Avengers Arena #10 is "out." Be warned, in case you don't want to be spoiled before Wednesday.

That happened. I won't say anything else. o_O

I just realized that Sinestro is part of that villians united thing. Guess Geoff Johns creative hold isn't as strong as it used to be. What happened to
"Sinestro left and was never heard from again"
lol like that was going to stick

Maybe Finch's promotional art for Forever Evil is just that, promotional and won't have much bearing on the villains appearing within the story itself. I mean, Geoff Johns himself is writing Forever Evil, I doubt he'd go back on
his finale for Sinestro so soon.

Owzers

Immortal Iron Fist Omnibus is out of print I think but I guess I could buy the individual volumes.

X-Statix is really good? I've seen it recommended other place but it always looked kind of weird to me. Maybe it's the art style, I don't know. For $30 though...

Immortal Iron Fist is getting a paperback version this december collecting all the omnibus stuff at a good price. X-Statix is great :O

Immortal Iron Fist is getting a paperback version this december collecting all the omnibus stuff at a good price.

My complaint about the omnibus is that it only had the first three volumes. The last two volumes of the series had to be purchased separately anyway. Between that, and the lack of an Agent X collection, I don't know WTF Marvel is doing.

Read Arkham Asylum. Interesting story with very interesting art. For a guy with the cheshire cat tatted on my arm with the line "We're all mad here", this was right up my alley....literally. Reading the jokers parts was a pain with that red text. Otherwise it played out how I thought it would. I wouldnt consider it a master piece or anything but a solid book exploring the psyche of the characters in the Batman universe.

My complaint about the omnibus is that it only had the first three volumes. The last two volumes of the series had to be purchased separately anyway. Between that, and the lack of an Agent X collection, I don't know WTF Marvel is doing.

The last 2 volumes were ass anyways. In fact volume 3 is kinda bad too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom