• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sent in my ballot for books of the month. It was hard but I ended up excluding Superior Foes and Deadly Class. Lots of good stuff this month!

I completely forgot Rocket Raccoon was so soon. That's gonna be so good.

Messi

Sent in my ballot for books of the month. It was hard but I ended up excluding Superior Foes and Deadly Class. Lots of good stuff this month!

I completely forgot Rocket Raccoon was so soon. That's gonna be so good.

Rocket Racoon will be so good. Scottie is an amazing artist.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Holy shit, Shadows West (Jonah Hex) is a phenomenal book.

Just finished reading the second miniseries in that TPB, "Riders of the Worm and Such."
So great. That book just holds up so well for being over two decades old. It's so much fun. Lansdale has no problem getting weird, which suits Jonah Hex very nicely. The humor is fantastic, too. I was laughing at least a handful of times every issue.
And for being early 90s, the art really holds up quite well also. It's clearly early 90s art, but it fits the comic and is still really enjoyable.

I'll accept partial blame. I'm like fourth instead of second in top posters. I was basically silent this month.

Clearly you're just not repping Legion quite enough. I'm sure you'll be able to pull it together next month.
How do you check the top posters again? I can never remember.

Zombine

Banned
tumblrlmpmvu0xyz1qce0y2o1500.jpg

HYpFZCP.gif

How do you check the top posters again? I can never remember.
When you're looking at the list of threads in a section, just click on the number of replies off to the right. I dunno if there are any other ways. Like always, Messi is the top poster by almost 200 posts

Just ordered Red Son since someone mentioned it in some random thread.
Looks interesting.
It's pretty good. If you haven't read it already, definitely give All-Star Superman a look. I'm not much of a fan of the character, but it's fantastic.

NO ZOMBINE WE ARE NOT DOING THIS RIGHT NOW

Messi

Fucking potato people.

I just got an email from Amazon.co.uk telling me they couldn't confirm the dispatch of my order with Book depository. My card wasn't charged but the order is still there. Anyone got any idea what this is about. Will I try to cancel it outright or are they gonna ship me the order soon?

Zombine

Banned
Fucking potato people.

I just got an email from Amazon.co.uk telling me they couldn't confirm the dispatch of my order with Book depository. My card wasn't charged but the order is still there. Anyone got any idea what this is about. Will I try to cancel it outright or are they gonna ship me the order soon?

Order is done for. Book was posted as in stock, but in actuality it was not.

Zombine

Banned
So this is never getting shipped? I gotta go through this cancelation bullshit again?

I will never order third party from Amazon anymore due to that shit happening way too often. Ordered a birthday present for my brother through a 3rd party vendor and the cancelation process was horrible.

Boogiepop

So, here's a question for you guys: I've found the different production rates of American comics interesting for a while, and was keeping track of when One Piece officially passed Amazing Spider-man in chapter count (adding in Superior and the reboot of course). Obviously, though Spidey is still the more published character thanks to the tons of spinoffs, crossovers, etc throughout the years. However, there's also the monster that is Kochikame (or Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen Mae Hashutsujo if you prefer the full title), which has an insane 190 volumes, which should be about 200 pages a pop (I need to try to actually read it some time, but that length is intimidating). So, do you think that's enough to beat out Spidey's empire of comics, or does he still win out?

And for that matter, who would you guys say is the most published character in comics? Spidey has to be up there, but I'm not 100% certain he tops the list...

The other night when I started reading GM's Arkham Asylum, I felt like my mind wasn't digesting it correctly so I just closed the book and went on to other things. Well, tried again this morning and went every page without looking up or having intrusive thoughts. This is my favorite work by Grant Morrison. It's a fantastic psychological evaluation of the world of Batman. At least, the dark and gritty world of Batman.

Best way I could describe this book is Batman 66 enters Arkham and comes out as Frank Millers Batman.

Messi

Pretty sure this is me done with book depository . Such a scummy business practice . they are still showing all thosrthose books in stock with many left. Fuck them.

tim1138

Was I the only one who read That's Because You're a Robot this month? It would be my book of the month of I still voted for such things.

Bii

Oh good I'm not the only person hyped about rocket raccoon .

I'm waiting until SDCC to pick up the variant covers for Rocket Raccoon (as well as a few other Marvel books releasing in July), which was why I didn't add it to my weekly list.

I sent my votes in for my book of the months. I had a solid five that I had to pick from, hopefully most of you guys share the same opinion.

MG310

Not even close. I just happen to have a bit of spare cash right now. It's a stupid purchase no doubt.

Was it page 7 or 8? Those are the two I would have picked. Mostly because Harley's scared expression reminds me of that scene in Who Framed Roger Rabbit where Eddie walks in on the fake Jessica.

Cheska

Was it page 7 or 8? Those are the two I would have picked. Mostly because Harley's scared expression reminds me of that scene in Who Framed Roger Rabbit where Eddie walks in on the fake Jessica.

LOL I knew we had great tastes. Those are the two I told him I liked best.

Messi

LOL I knew we had great tastes. Those are the two I told him I liked best.

Those are the two ones I inquired about for availability. If it's both what do I choose?

Messi

I just can't. Please.

One is a nice visual gag the other is the awesome beaver joke. But that requires text to be funny.

MG310

I'd probably go with the zombie one though I don't think the beaver presentation requires any text to be funny. You also get way more of the actual characters with the beaver one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom