• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the FCBD RR was pretty good. If its better than this then we are in for a really good ride i guess.

I liked it as well. Not sure I liked it enough to buy a $3.99 series, though. I'll flip through it in the shop, but no promises!

Not even close. I just happen to have a bit of spare cash right now. It's a stupid purchase no doubt.

ComicGAF and FigureGAF are all about stupid purchases.

SO MUCH WANT.

OMG, that's amazing.

Finished reading Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne during the week. I liked the central idea but the story wan't too cohesive. Fell apart towards the end.

Picked three more unknowns (to me) from the library, hope I enjoy them more than my previous two picks.

Birds of Prey: Blood and Circuits
Doom Patrol: The Painting That Ate Paris
Batman: The Black Glove

Messi

Can you post images of the two pages? I will decide for you. I am a neutral third party observer.

harley_quinn__issue___2_page_7_inks_with_greytones_by_stephaneroux-d7cd04a.jpg

I think I like the second more. It's more of the best couple in comics.

Those of you voting for books this month. Just remember a vote for HARLEY QUINN #7 is a vote for FREEDOM!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I think I like the second more. It's more of the best couple in comics.

Hmm. Yeah... Should probably just get both.

But no, the second one does seem to be a more coherent single page. If I were in your shoes, that's the one I'd probably go for. Especially since you're a big Poison Ivy fan.

MG310

I said "if" I were going to get one. Don't worry!

I haven't been able to pull the trigger on this 150 dollar Hardman page of Namora killing Nazis, don't think I could go for 500.

There's also Harley issue 4 on that site, though the only one I really like is that first page of Harley getting ready for the job interview.

If I started buying figures and original pages I fear I would never be able to stop. I just spent a good time fantasizing about Wes Craig Deadly Class pages all around my room. It was a beautiful dream.

Whoa, Messi might hate Adam Glass Suicide Squad more than me, and that shit was like my Catwoman for a while.
except I tapped out at issue 12

DTKT

I've been racking my brain for a few hours and I can't seem to remember the name of a graphic novel.

- It's Japanese.
- Hard sci-fi.
- Follows the story of a single male human with a very specific family name (that I can't seem to remember either) but also jumps to other perspectives.
- He finds out that his family is scattered all around the galaxy.
- I think it's 10 or 11 issues.
- There is an issue where they deal with "Santa" personified as a star/planet/black hole?

Anyone?

slowly getting back into comics. Whats a good start point for guardians of the galaxy? Thank!

If you want to get into the current run by Brian Michael Bendis, you can just start with the first volume (Cosmic Avengers).

If you want to get into the previous run by DnA, there's going to be a Complete Collection coming out. So the first volume will release in August and it contains the first half of that run and a second volume will come out later.

I like the DnA run more but some people are really into the Bendis run. I'd give them both a try because they're pretty different.

Arksy

Is there a good spot where I can find the releases for each week? Also stretching back so I can find the last few weeks or years with releases? :)

Merci d'avance !

iqubal

Banned
If you want to get into the current run by Brian Michael Bendis, you can just start with the first volume (Cosmic Avengers).

If you want to get into the previous run by DnA, there's going to be a Complete Collection coming out. So the first volume will release in August and it contains the first half of that run and a second volume will come out later.

I like the DnA run more but some people are really into the Bendis run. I'd give them both a try because they're pretty different.

awesome, thanks for the info!! Now I know where to begin : D

Messi

Whoa, Messi might hate Adam Glass Suicide Squad more than me, and that shit was like my Catwoman for a while.
except I tapped out at issue 12

I've read it all. ALL of Suicide Squad, all of Birds of Prey, all of Catwoman. I own all the Nocenti Catwoman floppies and entire runs in trade so far. Bad comics are my lifeforce

Screen_Shot_2012-09-13_at_9.39.39_AM.png

Bii

Is there a good spot where I can find the releases for each week? Also stretching back so I can find the last few weeks or years with releases? :)

Merci d'avance !

I usually just go to http://midtowncomics.com and select their releases by weeks if you're just looking at books that came out in 2014.

Edit: Or what GrandHarrier said.

I've read it all. ALL of Suicide Squad, all of Birds of Prey, all of Catwoman. I own all the Nocenti Catwoman floppies and entire runs in trade so far. Bad comics are my lifeforce

Screen_Shot_2012-09-13_at_9.39.39_AM.png

Oh my. I...uhh, wow. Messi. pls

Zombine

Banned
I heard Zombine reads Zenescope comics each week and doesn't put them in his list.

THE SHAME

Wasn't there some guy on here that was lambasted for having a god awful pull list? It was all like Zenescope/Miss Fury/Sonic/arche and other questionable pulls. It made all of our weakest pulls look like an issue of Moore's best. This was back before I was able to post, but I remember him being ridiculed pretty severely.

Wasn't there some guy on here that was lambasted for having a god awful pull list? It was all like Zenescope/Miss Fury/Sonic/arche and other questionable pulls. It made all of our weakest pulls look like an issue of Moore's best. This was back before I was able to post, but I remember him being ridiculed pretty severely.

I vaguely remember something like that. Don't know who it was, and I doubt anyone will cop to it.

Zombine

Banned
I vaguely remember something like that. Don't know who it was, and I doubt anyone will cop to it.

I can truthfully say that I don't hide anything from my pull list. I'm a huge stickler for story and art, not to mention I can't afford to pull some shitty book with awkwardly proportioned women on the cover to drive sales.
Sorry Messi :(

Sell your second house and you will be.

Yeah but come on though, this is Florida we're talking about. I can pick up a second home there right now if I wanted to for the price of a home in the getto in NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom