• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read the Harley #0 Directors Cut and loved it! With so many artist, it was filled with so many cool stories. Messi, try and track down a copy.

Also, Sunday list!

ACTION COMICS #33 (DOOMED) $3.99
BATMAN ETERNAL #13 $2.99
GREEN ARROW #33 $2.99
NEW 52 FUTURES END #9 (WEEKLY) $2.99
SUPERMAN UNCHAINED #7 $3.99
NAILBITER #3 (MR) $2.99
SHELTERED #10 $2.99
MILES MORALES ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #3 $3.99
MOON KNIGHT #5 $3.99
WOODS #3 $3.99

as good of a time as any for a goddamn LIST

Tiny Titans: Return to the Treehouse #2
Tech Jacket #1
Deadpool Vs. X-Force #1
New Warriors #7
100th Anniversary Special #1: Fantastic Four

Bii

My 7/2/14 list

Black Widow #8
Daredevil #0.1
Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man #3
Original Sin #5
Punisher #8

Looks like it's going to be a Marvel week for me. I'll probably pick up Superman #32 if my LCS still has it since I forgot to pick it up last week.

-

Black Widow #7

14524944685_dcbb9aede6_o.jpg
14524944575_6d47d9537a_o.jpg

I've been a bit critical of Noto's art for the past few issues of Black Widow (mostly due to lack of details) but #7's blowing me away. When Natasha's in pursuit of her enemy (see image above), I love how the trail of rain follows the enemy's body as he is leaping downwards. The water colors add a splash of motion to what is already a fantastic perspective of this chase. I'm totally digging it.

I love the subtle jokes and every panel that Daredevil is in. I want more Daredevil/Black Widow crossovers (I got a small taste of it in Daredevil #1.5).

14338378338_c4718329f8_o.jpg
14545075423_bdf4902d00_o.jpg

I have a Marvel digital code to Black Widow #7, first person to reply to this post requesting it gets my PM.

First Wednesday in July is biggest:

Black Widow #8
East of West #13
Iron Fist #4
Lazarus #9
Legendary Star-Lord #1
Magneto #6
Moon Knight #5
Nailbiter #3
Original Sin #5
Punisher #8
Rocket Raccoon #1
She-Hulk #6
Southern Bastards #3

These Marvel solo books all dropping the first Wed of the month are killing me. Can't wait for BW/Punisher cross-over tho.

I just sent my votes for the month's top 3.

I've also been doing some needed list reducing.

DC COMICS
Action Comics #33
Batman Eternal #13
Batman Superman #12
Green Arrow #33
Swamp Thing #33

IMAGE COMICS
Southern Bastards #3

MARVEL COMICS
Captain America #22
Miles Morales The Ultimate Spider-Man #3
Original Sin #5
Thor God Of Thunder #24

VALIANT ENTERTAINMENT
Quantum And Woody #12

GAMEPROFF

Banned
My 7/2/14 list

Black Widow #8
Daredevil #0.1
Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man #3
Original Sin #5
Punisher #8

Looks like it's going to be a Marvel week for me. I'll probably pick up Superman #32 if my LCS still has it since I forgot to pick it up last week.

-

Black Widow #7

14524944685_dcbb9aede6_o.jpg
14524944575_6d47d9537a_o.jpg

I've been a bit critical of Noto's art for the past few issues of Black Widow (mostly due to lack of details) but #7's blowing me away. When Natasha's in pursuit of her enemy (see image above), I love how the trail of rain follows the enemy's body as he is leaping downwards. The water colors add a splash of motion to what is already a fantastic perspective of this chase. I'm totally digging it.

I love the subtle jokes and every panel that Daredevil is in. I want more Daredevil/Black Widow crossovers (I got a small taste of it in Daredevil #1.5).

14338378338_c4718329f8_o.jpg
14545075423_bdf4902d00_o.jpg

I have a Marvel digital code to Black Widow #7, first person to reply to this post requesting it gets my PM.

I would love to take it^^

kd-z

My store had Six Gun Gorilla. But I was €5 short. FML. It was €25 thought :(
Oh man, that sucks. I bought it for 60 złotys, which is about 15 euros I guess. I'd totally recommend it for any price but I don't want you to spend your money and the be disappointed :(

Also, what happened to your avatar? Kim Kardashian snuck into it!
That is Kim Kardashian, right?

Got Big Damn Sin City in the mail today, holy shit it's gigantic.
I think we need pics!

Squats and shoulders, man. Sin City will give you a booty Nicki Minaj would be envious of.
I think it's been a month if not more since the last time I hit the gym :<

Messi

Messi, that avatar. Ever word you type I picture it with her voice.

:p personally I love it.

I think Greg Capullo is holding on to every page for his retirement.

He is only willing to sell Batman as entire issues covers included so it would be crazy expensive. He said he doesn't want to deal with breaking it up.

Stephane Roux has some Harley pages up for sale...
Sorry Messi
I do love the facial expressions but my wallet doesn't run nearly that deep.

http://www.comicarthouse.com/roux_Harley_Quinn_2.html

Omg Omg Omg Omg

Here are some of my impressions from my last haul:

Outcast #1: Nothing hooked me up. Art was decent. Generic Panels. Foreseeable Story. Boring Characters. Strange,Creepy or Gross? Nope.

Nailbiter #1: Interesting story. I hope it doesnt drift into some supernatural shit.

Deadly Class #1: Everything was top notch. The Art,Panels,Characters.

Gonna read Saga and Sex Criminals. And then Deadly Class 2#-3#.

Also interested in Terminal Hero when it comes out. Saw a Preview yesterday and the Story seems to be interesting.

phoenixyz

List:

Batman Eternal #13
Batman/Superman #12

Magneto #6
Moon Knight #5
The Punisher #8

Southern Bastards #3

And the tradewait backlog: East of West #13

Also all my Marvel books in one week again.

Did anyone read all of Trillium? What are your general opinions of it and how far you got?
I read it (back-to-back, not monthly) and liked it. Mostly due to the story though, not a big fan of the art, I think it would've been awesome with a more realistic style.

Zombine

Banned
I bet the colors in Southern Bastards will really pop on an ipad screen. What am I in store for with this book? It reminds me of what would happen if Tarantino and the Coens decided to make a book together.

Donos

Thanks to this thread i got into Planetary and couldn't stop. My bank account is crying.
Superb story. Story spoiler
When Leather killed that alien "baby" which was the last of his race i said WTF out loud

Anything similar?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just seen comixology have a Transformers sale on, anyone read the current IDW runs? Recommendations? :)

There are quite a few people here who love the "More Than Meets the Eye" run. Here are the two posts I could find quickest regarding MTMTE:

Just read the latest issue of Transformers MTMTE....

Soooooooo goooooood!!!

Thus concludes my review.
Lastly transformers mtmte is the best dysfunctional team book since Peter David's early mid 2000's work on X-factor and Lanning & Abnett GoG run. If you like your heroes to be fuck ups and somehow succeed in spite themselves that is the book to read. Transformer RiD is a bit of a bore in my opinion but so much happens between the two series you got to read it to understand the whole story.

Also, just noticed that there's an Elephantmen sale on Comixology as well. I've only read the first volume (though I have volume 2 sitting on my shelf that I really ought to read...) but I really enjoyed it. I'd say it's definitely worth checking out the first volume for $5.99. I wouldn't argue that it's the greatest book of all time, but it's a really enjoyable read with some really cool world-building.

fertygo

There are quite a few people here who love the "More Than Meets the Eye" run. Here are the two posts I could find quickest regarding MTMTE:

Also, just noticed that there's an Elephantmen sale on Comixology as well. I've only read the first volume (though I have volume 2 sitting on my shelf that I really ought to read...) but I really enjoyed it. I'd say it's definitely worth checking out the first volume for $5.99. I wouldn't argue that it's the greatest book of all time, but it's a really enjoyable read with some really cool world-building.

What about the starting point, any good one?

Secret Origins #3: Retcons! The Red Robin story fixes the
bullshit in the Teen Titans #0 issue where Tim Drake didn't actually discover Bruce's identity back to how the Master Detective should be.

jordisok

There are quite a few people here who love the "More Than Meets the Eye" run. Here are the two posts I could find quickest regarding MTMTE

Errg guess I should've searched! :|| Thanks though :) appreciated, think I'll take a look at the free issue and might pick up a few issues see how it goes.

Kipp

Errg guess I should've searched! :|| Thanks though :) appreciated, think I'll take a look at the free issue and might pick up a few issues see how it goes.

Don't worry, I didn't mean that as a subtle "use the search function" remark. :p
I had just remembered other people talking about it and searched for those specific posts.
But yeah, no problem!

Kipp

Man. We're slippin, guys. Last month we hit 125 pages and this month we're probably barely gonna hit 100 (Yes, I use 50ppp...).
Probably for lack of Morrison and Quitely "discussions."

Man. We're slippin, guys. Last month we hit 125 pages and this month we're probably barely gonna hit 100 (Yes, I use 50ppp...).
Probably for lack of Morrison and Quitely "discussions."

I'll accept partial blame. I'm like fourth instead of second in top posters. I was basically silent this month.
Thanks!

Edit: purchased! I'm now a part of a super exclusive Legion club.

I went back and reread it. It's actually a decent reintroduction to the Legion because it uses the caveat that Supermans memories were supressed.

Messi

We know you do Messi, we know...

First, being a devout Nocenti follower, and now using a Kardashian avatar. Oh Messi :(

Bring Olivia back!

But she is beautiful :(

Cheska I need your assistance in pm. We need to take one Zombine... Quietly. He knows too much and has too much sway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom