• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.
if they were going to go punk dazzler at least use the awesome design from age of x:

1291395270.jpg

I dropped Uncanny a while back...what happened?

SHIELD blah blah blah,
Mystique bought Madripoor, kidnapped Dazzler and kept her drugged so she could harvest MGH (mutant growth hormone) so people could enhance their mutant powers, blah blah blah, Magneto ended up rescuing her... Also, someone haxxxored SHIELD and hijacked Helicarriers and Sentinels to attack the X-men. Turned out it was Dark Beast, of all people. What a letdown that reveal turned out to be. That new mutant who can control machines ended up saving the day.

SHIELD blah blah blah,
Mystique bought Madripoor, kidnapped Dazzler and kept her drugged so she could harvest MGH (mutant growth hormone) so people could enhance their mutant powers, blah blah blah, Magneto ended up rescuing her... Also, someone haxxxored SHIELD and hijacked Helicarriers and Sentinels to attack the X-men. Turned out it was Dark Beast, of all people. What a letdown that reveal turned out to be. That new mutant who can control machines ended up saving the day.

Thanks.

dan2026

Just read the first issue of Manhattan Projects just to check it out.

And holy smokes, is Hickman channeling Morrison with this madness?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Have we discussed how awesome El Gaucho looked in Batman Eternal this week? Look at this badass, he is machismo personified.

Oh man. Bertram is just the man for drying El Gaucho. It just works too perfectly.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Have we discussed how awesome El Gaucho looked in Batman Eternal this week? Look at this badass, he is machismo personified.

El Guacho ongoing with Tim Seely and Ian Bertram, with fill-in issues done by Chris Burnham. That's my dream comic right now. (I've lost faith in Lemire bringing B'Wana back...)

So in the last month I have gone from

'5 years of reading comics at the local library'

- to -

'GotG looks good, let's get a Marvel Unlimited Subscription'

- to -

'Lets buy comics that I have borrowed at least twice from the library'.

It has not been a good financial decision.

Zombine

Banned
So in the last month I have gone from

'5 years of reading comics at the local library'

- to -

'GotG looks good, let's get a Marvel Unlimited Subscription'

- to -

'Lets buy comics that I have borrowed at least twice from the library'.

It has not been a good financial decision.

You just wait until the statue of your favorite character phase kicks in.

Boogiepop

Realized I never got him Batman: Year One Hundred, which I heard was great a while back. That a good choice alongside what I have? All I need is confirmation and I'll pull the trigger.

So I'm going with Flex Mentallo in paperback, the Planetary Omnibus, and Batman: Year One Hundred, unless someone wants to try to change my mind in the next half hour or so.

The hardcover of Flex is super nice, I haven't seen the paperback though. If you pick up another book I'd recommend volume 1 of Zero, Manhattan Projects, or the Joshua Dysart Unknown Soldier.

Thanks for the suggestions, and I'll definitely keep them in mind for the future, but at least for now I wanted to stick to pure stand-alone stuff. At least for this year it makes more sense to give gifts that don't risk pushing my friend towards picking up a new series, as his comic budget is already pretty tight.

Zombine

Banned
That is a Rose Red statue

Oh god pump that straight into my veins. I think after Sandman I'm going to catch up on fables.

I wish Cheska was around, I have to ask her if I still have to buy Absolute Death even though I just got my Sandman books.

Vibranium

Banned
theres a debate/controversy on CBR forums regarding original sin #4.
people are angry/upset that bucky insulted the punisher and his family
lolz

While I myself felt Bucky was a little overaggressive for my tastes, people forget
that Punisher fucking punched Winter Soldier in the face before.

Messi

Stjepan seriously needs to get a publisher for this book. It's pretty close to perfect.

From what I understand he has a publisher and they are working on converting it all over. But he is super busy with lots of comic work.

Seems Ravine Vol 2 is releasing next month (so amazon tells me)

Zombine

Banned
From what I understand he has a publisher and they are working on converting it all over. But he is super busy with lots of comic work.

Seems Ravine Vol 2 is releasing next month (so amazon tells me)

Oh man Ravine is cool, but Aphrodite IX is even better. It's a shame we don't get any real
Conversations about books like that or Red Sonja around here.

Messi

Amanda Conner has a limited number of her con prints up on her site, I love the print of the Harley #2 cover but the shipping to Ireland is aggressively high (28$) :(

Zombine

Banned
$50 for me to get Harley #2s cover. I am sitting here considering it. What the fuck.

I know I go on spending sprees, but I'm not a complete moron. Just partial. The only thing that kills me is that I really love that image. But between finding a good frame, shipping, and the print...we're talking about $60 when all is said and done.

Want this so bad.

3284001294_b659798588.jpg

Oh god please tell me that is new and not an out of print statue selling for $500+

Messi

I need to step away from that site, I just can't afford it after the Harley comics this week. Damn.

I hope she does one of the most recent cover with Ivy.

I know I go on spending sprees, but I'm not a complete moron. Just partial. The only thing that kills me is that I really love that image. But between finding a good frame, shipping, and the print...we're talking about $60 when all is said and done.

Oh god please tell me that is new and not an out of print statue selling for $500+

The latter :(. Selling for way more than $500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom