• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Axel Alonso in regards ro Ultimate FF cancellation. "The roadise is littered with series that might have deserved to stick around. All I'll say that this is a bump in the road; everyone will be talking about the Ultimate auniverse bery soon." Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

I haven't even looked at it yet, but I have a feeling I'm gonna be ordering the Black Cat print as well

It should go nicely with Power Girl

I haven't even looked at it yet, but I have a feeling I'm gonna be ordering the Black Cat print as well

It should go nicely with Power Girl

I ordered Harley Quinn #2 and Power Girl "Punch". So happy right now, thanks for the heads up, Messi!

I have to admit, the My Little Pony print was kind of tempting. XD

Cheska

Want this so bad.

For Korupt and Zombine! :)
kfbWgUb.jpg

And this beauty just came in today! She's joining her BFF in the DETOLF.

Cheska

So perfect. You make me look like a dirty casual.

Do you keep all your stuff out at once or are you a rotator?

I have it all out. I do routinely get rid of things I no longer like, though mostly that's game related stuff. I'm planning on taking new room pictures or making a video soon.

Zombine

Banned
I have it all out. I do routinely get rid of things I no longer like, though mostly that's game related stuff. I'm planning on taking new room pictures or making a video soon.

That's fantastic. I know I'm planning on selling a majority of my floppies and only keeping variants/limited print books. I'll hopefully get to use that money to purchase more related stuff ^_^

Maybe I'll even get my Carol statue ._.

Messi

I ordered Harley Quinn #2 and Power Girl "Punch". So happy right now, thanks for the heads up, Messi!

I have to admit, the My Little Pony print was kind of tempting. XD

So you ordered what I wanted. That's cool. No really. It's cool.

Enjoy dude. Show some pics when they arrive. So I can be jelly.

--

What TAS episode is this I don't remember it.

giphy.gif

I wish the comics would go with that angle for a bit. It's probably just her trying to trick Batman though :/

Messi

Aw, Messi. You're gonna make me feel bad. :(

Please don't, I'm only fooling around. They are great prints. I have plenty of other things to keep me busy. It'd likely sit in a tube here in my room.

Actually I have an olivia wilde print I need to get framed now that I think of it.

Finished Planetary proper on tuesday. Still working my way through the crossover issues at the end of the omnibus. Gotta say it was a wild ride. The initial done-in-one stories all building up together to the huge unveiling in issue #12 was great.

Issue #10 also hit pretty hard.
The treatment of the JLA analogs by the Four. Just wow.

The only thing I didn't like was at the end
where the build up Kim/Randall into this unbeatable pair, and they just drop them down a hole.

Owzers

So you ordered what I wanted. That's cool. No really. It's cool.

Enjoy dude. Show some pics when they arrive. So I can be jelly.

--

What TAS episode is this I don't remember it.

giphy.gif

I wish the comics would go with that angle for a bit. It's probably just her trying to trick Batman though :/

Isn't that the one Mad Love is based off of? I just read about it after reading the comic.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Gf and I are close to dropping Captain Marvel, Ultimate FF, All-new Ultimates, and Harley Quinn. Any reasons we should stick it out with any of these?

Messi

Isn't that the one Mad Love is based off of? I just read about it after reading the comic.

Actually yes. I believe it is. It's been years since I watched TAS. Maybe I should fix that.

Gf and I are close to dropping Captain Marvel, Ultimate FF, All-new Ultimates, and Harley Quinn. Any reasons we should stick it out with any of these?

Can't imagine Harley Quinn will change your mind if you don't like it by now. I think it's fantastic. Then again I love the creative team also.

Harley is still a fun book. Issue 6 was a bit boring, but 7 was great. I'm considering dropping Captain Marvel as well, though. While it hasn't been bad, I don't think it's worth $3.99 a month. It's a shame, because I really like the character.

Messi

Harley is still a fun book. Issue 6 was a bit boring, but 7 was great. I'm considering dropping Captain Marvel as well, though. While it hasn't been bad, I don't think it's worth $3.99 a month. It's a shame, because I really like the character.

Might drop Captain Marvel also. But I'll see out this arc.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Actually yes. I believe it is. It's been years since I watched TAS. Maybe I should fix that.

Can't imagine Harley Quinn will change your mind if you don't like it by now. I think it's fantastic. Then again I love the creative team also.

We do like Harley, especially the start but with many similar comics (Hawkeye being the main comparison, maybe even She Hulk and Ms Marvel) in the "normal lives" of superheroes/villains, it's on the cusp of being dropped. I've been wanting character development and a new light on the character but I've been getting a lot of the same and a more trips down memory lane than I'd like. One of the better DC comics for both my gf and me, but it's not as entertaining anymore. We make room for Storm instead, along with a few new Marvel solos.

With Captain Marvel, it's adequate but it hasn't caught our attention to be one of thr first reads that we have when we pick it up. It's often the last of the bunch we read and it's barely memorable.

Busaiku

Wanna get into a Superman ongoing, which one is better? Action Comics or Superman?
Same with Batman ongoings. Detective Comics or Batman?

I got like the first 2 issues when they started, but I never kept up, but back then I definitely liked Batman more and I think I remember Action Comics to be more entertaining as well.
I'll probably get Batman Eternal as well.

ReiGun

Wanna get into a Superman ongoing, which one is better? Action Comics or Superman?

I got like the first 2 issues when they started, but I never kept up, but back then I definitely liked Batman more and I think I remember Action Comics to be more entertaining as well.

For Supes, it's definitely Action. Though Johns is coming onto Superman next week, so that might be worth checking out if you like his stuff.

Captain Marvel: Lopez is secretly the best artist in comics
All New Ulties: At least get the Milliogianis issues coming up

You may as well just wait on the Batman Eternal trade unless you wanna go back and buy all of the issues up to now.

I'm still an eternity behind on Batman but everyone praises the current run.

I asked about Detective Comics the other day and everyone told me the creative team changed recently (think 30 was their first issue) and that it's awesome now.

Owzers

Oh Nice Comixology running a Rachel Rising Sale

Get this for fans of Terry Moore's work (which everyone should be) or those that'd love some good horror action!

https://www.comixology.com/Rachel-Rising-Sale/page/2345

i'm really interested in this, how long is the series going to go on for? I hate buying things digitally on sale that are large chunks of a run.

I always read Walking Dead first when a dcbs shipment comes in...it's an easy read. #128 was decent-ish, didn't really do much. Also, (spoiler),
Free Negan!!!!!!!!!!!!

MG310

That Zatanna statue seems to go for around 190-225 quite a bit on ebay. I grabbed the Hughes and Conner busts for about 70 combined a few months ago..those are definitely worth picking up if you don't want to splurge on the full sized statue.

Also, hot tip on Conner prints - Paul Mounts has them at conventions too. Didn't make it back over to his table at Special Edition or I would've bought a few Harleys.

i'm really interested in this, how long is the series going to go on for? I hate buying things digitally on sale that are large chunks of a run.

well 1-24 (whats in this bundle) was the planned end and it felt like it but now its wrapping up the long arc. And now its got a new "shorter" arc starting with #25 so its not clear how long it will go. Great fun. I think i like Echo and Strangers in Paradise more but thats just because of the genres. It still has his trademark fun female characters and dialogue

Dead

well not really...yet
So I just got a surface pro 3, and I didn't know there was a windows 8 Comixology app. Noy only that, but the store is integrated into it...not bad. Runs and looks pretty great on the pro 3 as well.

For Korupt and Zombine! :)

And this beauty just came in today! She's joining her BFF in the DETOLF.

Man, if I ever come out to the left coast, I want to come visit your book room and just stare. Do you do that? Just go in there and just stare at all your stuff? I do it, it's fun. Staring.......yeaaaaaaaaah!

pic8.jpg

zeeaykay

So I just got a surface pro 3, and I didn't know there was a windows 8 Comixology app. Noy only that, but the store is integrated into it...not bad. Runs and looks pretty great on the pro 3 as well.

Speaking of which, I used to always run ComicRack on my PC. I've seen ComicJolt mentioned... is that comparable? Or how are they different?' I just got my Surface Pro 3 and am excited to read some comics on it!

Cheska

Cheska and I could combine into the perfect collector.

Rafa, I demand to see your godly collection .
Please :D

Man, if I ever come out to the left coast, I want to come visit your book room and just stare. Do you do that? Just go in there and just stare at all your stuff? I do it, it's fun. Staring.......yeaaaaaaaaah!

Hahaha well my reading chairs are situated right in front of some of the stuff.

But for sure, if you and your wife come around this way, hit me up!

Wool

Did any of you get the Uncanny X-Men Special #1 this week? It's a 3 part one-shot. It was better than the 22 issues of the regular series we've gotten so far. Really great art and some good non-Bendis dialogue.

Did any of you get the Uncanny X-Men Special #1 this week? It's a 3 part one-shot. It was better than the 22 issues of the regular series we've gotten so far. Really great art and some good non-Bendis dialogue.

I passed on it. I tend to like the Bendis run for the most part, minus one or two things. What was the plot in the Special like?

Pak's Action is the far better choice, but Johns is coming on to Superman and he overrules Pak, so that's the world-building book. Action will probably still be more fun. The GL books had the same issue when Johns was running Green Lantern.

Wool

I passed on it. I tend to like the Bendis run for the most part, minus one or two things. What was the plot in the Special like?

The main plot point is Cyclops getting abducted by some bounty hunters. It was mostly just a slice of life comic though. Lots of jokes. Benjamin and one of the Cuckoo's sneak into S.W.O.R.D at the end.

I like the Bendis run, but this was good in a completely different way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom