• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of burning Batman, I love this panel from Alan Moore's run on Swamp Thing after Bats unsuccessfully tried to murder Swampy with a flamethrower.

Reminds me of when Franken-Castle threw Man Thing at a helicopter and his "all men who know fear burn at the touch of the Man Thing" powers blew it up.

Best comic ever.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Woah, now that's a stellar Skottie Young cover right there.

Bii

That actually looks good! I'm assuming it'll go for $59.99 at Kotobukiya's booth, so I might have to hit that booth up first before they run out.

the Allreds are gonna be at Long Beach Comic Con in September and wooo i'm fuckin stoked

I wanna go to Long Beach Comic Con, but I'm unsure if I have enough funds left after SDCC. XD

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Quick question: How are the volumes of Unknown Soldier after the first one? I've seen the first volume recommended a lot around here, but I don't recall hearing anything much about the other volumes (might just be that the first one is recommended since it's $5, thus very easy to convince people to buy and get their foot in the door).

I'm asking because I found someone selling volumes 1, 3, and 4 for $10 shipped. Haha

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Quick question: How are the volumes of Unknown Soldier after the first one? I've seen the first volume recommended a lot around here, but I don't recall hearing anything much about the other volumes (might just be that the first one is recommended since it's $5, thus very easy to convince people to buy and get their foot in the door).

I'm asking because I found someone selling volumes 1, 3, and 4 for $10 shipped. Haha

I'm gonna pour some out for DonnieWhalberg when I say this: Buy all four volumes. At that price, you should buy two copies of each vol. to hand out on Hanukkah. It's an excellent series.

Kipp

the Allreds are gonna be at Long Beach Comic Con in September and wooo i'm fuckin stoked

Oh man... I really gotta go to that.
I just despise driving into Orange County/Los Angeles though... Anyone live in San Diego county and want to carpool, by chance? Haha

I'm gonna pour some out for DonnieWhalberg when I say this: Buy all four volumes. At that price, you should buy two copies of each vol. to hand out on Hanukkah. It's an excellent series.

Awesome. Great to hear it.
Unfortunately, it's just a guy selling his used copies (but in perfect condition), and he only has volumes 1, 3, and 4, so I can't get all four volumes from him nor can I get multiple copies for that cheap to give out when Hanukkah comes around, but I'll definitely buy the 3 for $10 and I'll very likely grab volume 2 the next time I put an IST order together.

finding good wallpaper for B-tier characters is the worst. There's a million for Iron Man, but like 2 good ones for Batman Beyond.

;_;

Green Arrow and Batman Beyond aren't even top 100.

Batman Beyond is digital first so it's physical sales are just a bonus. It seems to be doing fine.

tim1138

Oh man... I really gotta go to that.
I just despise driving into Orange County/Los Angeles though... Anyone live in San Diego county and want to carpool, by chance? Haha

Awesome. Great to hear it.
Unfortunately, it's just a guy selling his used copies (but in perfect condition), and he only has volumes 1, 3, and 4, so I can't get all four volumes from him nor can I get multiple copies for that cheap to give out when Hanukkah comes around, but I'll definitely buy the 3 for $10 and I'll very likely grab volume 2 the next time I put an IST order together

You are in for a treat, that series is phenomenal. The writing and art are beyond top notch, I don't think I can state enough how good this is.

Speaking of Unknown Soldier, I wonder what happened to donie, he hasn't been around for a couple months.

Kipp

I went in 2012, it is chill indeed. Chris Burnham is gonna be there too, which is awesome

CHRIS BURNHAM AND THE ALLREDS AT LONG BEACH COMIC CON!?
My goodness. I need to be there.

You are in for a treat, that series is phenomenal. The writing and art are beyond top notch, I don't think I can state enough how good this is.

Speaking of Unknown Soldier, I wonder what happened to donie, he hasn't been around for a couple months.

Excellent! I just sent my payment for the books a few minutes ago, so now I'm even more excited to read them!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Figured this was the best place to inquire.

I'm finishing the script for my first graphic novel and need an artist/inker/letter to bring it to life. I don't pay in jelly beans or "do it for free and you'll get exposure" horseshit - real pay for real work. Majority of my contacts are concept artists, though. Anyone able to point me in the right direction? PMs are fine, no need to clutter up the thread with my mewlings. Cheers.

I'm finishing the script for my first graphic novel and need an artist/inker/letter to bring it to life. I don't pay in jelly beans or "do it for free and you'll get exposure" horseshit - real pay for real work. Majority of my contacts are concept artists, though. Anyone able to point me in the right direction? PMs are fine, no need to clutter up the thread with my mewlings. Cheers.

What kind of style are you looking for?

His might help

http://www.jimzub.com/how-do-i-find-an-artist/

Messi

Javier Saltares, Will Conrad, Eric Nguyen are all in that wheelhouse.

Thanks, I'll check that out. I'm also looking for more personal recommendations, and since I lurk this thread more than anywhere else on the forum...this is where I wanted to start.

Have you considered Pulido? Can't imagine his work is all that expensive. He is dodgy at faces tho...

Tarot Witch of the Black Rose 6,078
Prophet 4,757
Auteur 3,634

what the heck

While those might be the correct numbers I always suggest going back one month and making sure the books are chronological; ie if that is issue 10 check last month for issue 9 so you rule out the possibility of seeing reprint numbers. Sometimes a books reprint will chart (albeit really low on the list).

While those might be the correct numbers I always suggest going back one month and making sure the books are chronological; ie if that is issue 10 check last month for issue 9 so you rule out the possibility of seeing reprint numbers. Sometimes a books reprint will chart (albeit really low on the list).
Yeah those are the right issues, I'm just surprised that 1. Tarot is still fucking going on and 2. That it has that consistent of a fanbase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom