• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should know better, but all it took was two pages for Kyle and Yost to suck all the joyout of Amazing X Men.

I don't read X-Men but it's so strange how everyone hates Yost's stuff on X-Men. He did an amazing job on Scalet Spider and New Warriors has been great the last few issues.

Do they handle the X-Men THAT poorly?

edit: Finished Bloodspell and that was fantastic. Wish it was a little longer but I enjoyed the content that was there. The buddy scenes with Zee and Dinah were adorable and it makes me miss the Zatanna series that Dini wrote.

Owzers

4 issues into Trillium and it's alright. I don't mind Lemire art, but i'm not invested in the time travelly flower picking story.

Zombine

Banned
I've never read it but you folks were raving about it so I said I'd pick up the trade

Best couple of bucks I've ever spent. It's...not what you would expect it to be.

I still can't believe that I got sent my Black Cat print on the house. Now I'm going to buy the Harley animals print and a Power Girl print just because of how awesome they are.

Messi

Best couple of bucks I've ever spent. It's...not what you would expect it to be.

I still can't believe that I got sent my Black Cat print on the house. Now I'm going to buy the Harley animals print and a Power Girl print just because of how awesome they are.

Don't buy all the prints on me. I need to buy the animal harley after my trip.

Nice of them to give you that one free though.

Zombine

Banned
Nice of them to give you that one free though.

I feel awful because after I sent them an email telling them I got the wrong order, my GF saw the print I received and fell in love with it. I would still pay for what they are sending me to be honest.

Maybe I should change my username to Good Guy Greg. :/

any of you guys read that Doctor Who/Star Trek crossover for a couple years back? How was it?

Pretty damn good. The art is love-it-or-hate-it, sorta photorealistic painting outside of a certain sequence I don't want to spoil (because it's the highlight of the story). Not what I would have gone with. The writing is very good, feels like it could have been an episode of either show.

Also, this is one of my favourite variants ever (apart from Rory's pose which is a bit dodgy):
Star-Trek-The-Next-Generation-Doctor-Who-Assimilation2-1-Incentive-Joe-Corroney-TARDIS-Crew-On-The-Enterprise-Variant-Cover.jpg

Went to the LCS during my lunch break to get a short box and picked up Harley Directors Cut and one of Viewtifuls recommendations "King Tuts Tomb." I wanted to compare how Snyder has been doing with the Riddler which I think has been excellent versus such a high recommendation.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Are there good western comics involving mechs and big mech battles or should I rather ask in a Mangathread for something like this?

kswiston

I don't read X-Men but it's so strange how everyone hates Yost's stuff on X-Men. He did an amazing job on Scalet Spider and New Warriors has been great the last few issues.

Do they handle the X-Men THAT poorly?

It's mainly just Rafa and one other dude on this board. Most are indifferent, or didn't mind X-Force vol 1.

kswiston

The people that run my shop dropped that book so fast once Aaron left. I don't find them bad, I just find them forgettable.

I have never read the current Amazing X-Men book, but Rafa hates Yost. The 15 people still reading New X-Men before it became a bloodbath also hate Kyle/Yost for killing their faves.

Got myself some good comics today:
Deadly Class 1-3
Nailbiter #1
ASM #3
Sex Criminals TPB #1
Saga TPB #1
Servitude #2 (In german)
Elfes #3 (In german)
And Godzilla Artwork

Im happy so far.... and broke already.

Messi

Deadly Class 1-3
Nailbiter #1
ASM #3
Sex Criminals TPB #1
Saga TPB #1
Servitude #2 (In german)
Elfes #3 (In german)
And Godzilla Artwork

I wish I was able to read SAGA vol 1 again for the first time. Enjoy it.

Deadly Class 1-3
Nailbiter #1
ASM #3
Sex Criminals TPB #1
Saga TPB #1
Servitude #2 (In german)
Elfes #3 (In german)
And Godzilla Artwork

Sex Criminals is awesome.

I still haven't started Saga lol I own the first two volumes digitally too

Zombine

Banned
I still haven't started Saga lol I own the first two volumes digitally too

It's really good. It's like Full House but with sex and aliens.

Edit: Jimmy P and Paperfilms are gonna RT me later on tonight. I got a ton of insight into the printing process today. Loving it. I really do hope that people go back for more prints because it's literally those two doing the work.

strobogo

Banned
Gorilla Grodd
Gorilla-Men
Detective Chimp
Ultra-Humanite
Djuba
Titano
Mallah
Sky Ape

Need I go on? (That's only the few I can think of off hand too, there must be a ton more).

No. That was my point. They have so many ape characters and I don't get it at all. I hate all of them.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Marvel really needs to step up their ape game if they ever want a chance of surpassing DC.

Ok I have a question sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I just started getting into comics particularly the X men, and I just finished Chris Claremont's run. So I was wondering what are some good X men storylines from the 90's? aside from the big crossovers (AoA, Phalanx etc...). I've heard that the 90s are generally an era I should skip but I really like the aesthetic/art of this period, and I want to judge it for myself.

kswiston

Ok I have a question sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I just started getting into comics particularly the X men, and I just finished Chris Claremont's run. So I was wondering what are some good X men storylines from the 90's? aside from the big crossovers (AoA, Phalanx etc...). I've heard that the 90s are generally an era I should skip but I really like the aesthetic/art of this period, and I want to judge it for myself.

If you are just interested in the art, you could try to pick up the Joe Mad Uncanny run that starts somewhere around Uncanny X-Men 310-320 and ends with Uncanny X-Men 350. Peter David's first X-Factor run in the 90s is decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom