• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Nintendo right now:

RX634iW.gif

I don't know what felt more empty. Geoff Johns' GL or Nintendo's E3 conference.

All of E3 and only two games look like must-buys at this point for me.

Uncharted 4
Unravel

That was nintendos "moving to the next console guys!" Showing. Amazingly sparse. Even for them.

And that metroid dagger. So cruel. And how did a FExSMT turn into an idol game?

No but seriously. How do you move from Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei into a fucking idol game? Did the people developing it even read the wikipedia entries on either?

My current theory is that this trailer was originally for the Japanese crowd, so they designed it to appeal to them and didn't bother to work out a new one for us that focuses on "muh darkness" and "muh difficulty".

The alternative is to cry in the corner, so, yeah.

Mindwipe

Outside of my failure to keep track of the thread mid-Nintendo meltdown, there's some nice sales on CMX this week - Marvel trades including Black Widow and Uncanny Avengers, and another set of DC N52 stuff including Batman Eternal and Forever Evil.

I really wish CMX would have a "shit you've bought on sale and never got round to reading" filter. And DC would put trades rather than individual issues on sale, downloading this shit is a pain.

Is Halo Escalation on CMX in the US? It appears to only be available in German in the UK store... EDIT: Ignore, shit, I forgot. Dark Horse.

Ranko best girl.
No, Takane is. She's okay though.
Outside of my failure to keep track of the thread mid-Nintendo meltdown, there's some nice sales on CMX this week - Marvel trades including Black Widow and Uncanny Avengers, and another set of DC N52 stuff including Batman Eternal and Forever Evil.

I really wish CMX would have a "shit you've bought on sale and never got round to reading" filter. And DC would put trades rather than individual issues on sale, downloading this shit is a pain.

Is Halo Escalation on CMX in the US? It appears to only be available in German in the UK store...
Ooh Uncanny Avengers is on sale too? Highly recommend that to anyone who enjoyed X-Force by Remender. Really quality superhero comics.

(of course so is Power Girl and everyone should buy that too)

I always love when solicits, which are supposed to sell you on buying the issue, basically say nothing at all. They might as well read; "FUCK YOU YOU'RE BUYING THIS SHIT ANYWAYS". "But what is it about?" "FUCK YOU. BUYING IT." "...O-ok."

Just finished Ultron Forever. Best Avengers book in years if not decades. Ewing and Davis da gods.

"Even at the end of the world, one thing is true. When the call goes forth....there will always be Avengers."

My inner child cheered. Current me may have welled up a little.

w8fIAh.jpg

I fucking love comics.

My current theory is that this trailer was originally for the Japanese crowd, so they designed it to appeal to them and didn't bother to work out a new one for us that focuses on "muh darkness" and "muh difficulty".

Yes, god forbid that fans of one series known for its strategy and difficulty, and another known for its art style (and also difficulty) get disappointed when a trailer shits on their soul.

Whodathunk.

i don't have a wiiu, so w/e tho

Eh, SMT was never berserk grim, but yerp.

Yes, god forbid that fans of one series known for its strategy and difficulty, and another known for its art style (and also difficulty) get disappointed when a trailer shits on their soul.

All I'm saying.

Also, Nier game developed by Platinum?

Ineedhelpreactingtosomething.gif

Everything Nintendo I'm hearing:

tumblr_inline_nnj668Hv5w1t507a3_500.gif

IT LIVESSSSSSS!!!!

LZJxLS2.jpg

TOKYO GHOST #1
STORY: RICK REMENDER
ART: SEAN MURPHY & MATT HOLLINGSWORTH
COVERS A & B: SEAN MURPHY
SEPTEMBER 16 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.50
The Isles of Los Angles 2089: Humanity is addicted to technology, a population of unemployed leisure seekers, blissfully distracted from toxic contamination, who borrow, steal, and kill to buy their next digital fix. Getting a virtual buzz is the only thing left to live for. It’s the biggest industry, the only industry, the drug everyone needs, and gangsters run it all.
And who do these gangsters turn to when they need their rule enforced? Constables Led Dent and Debbie Decay. This duo is about to be given a job that will force them out of the familiar squalor of Los Angels to take down the last tech-less country on Earth: The Garden Nation of Tokyo.
Bestselling writer RICK REMENDER (BLACK SCIENCE, DEADLY CLASS) and superstar art team SEAN MURPHY (CHRONONAUTS, Punk Rock Jesus) and MATT HOLLINGSWORTH (WYTCHES, Hawkeye) examine our growing addiction to technology while thirsting for a nature we continue to destroy.

September here we go!

Just finished Ultron Forever. Best Avengers book in years if not decades. Ewing and Davis da gods.

"Even at the end of the world, one thing is true. When the call goes forth....there will always be Avengers."

My inner child cheered. Current me may have welled up a little.

w8fIAh.jpg

I fucking love comics.

It was so damn beautiful. Especially the Doom bit.

Ewing Da God

Top Bottom