• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Southern Bastards getting the Deluxe Hardcover treatment in September. Damn, that was quick.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Still not sure if I want to read this.
Reading this from a european perspective was awful as hell.

What do you mean, PROFF? Like it was too brutal, or like you didn't understand some of the cultural elements?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What do you mean, PROFF? Like it was too brutal, or like you didn't understand some of the cultural elements?
I cant handle these extreme stereotypes. Everyone felt like a cliche, I just felt like I was bombed with this Cletus from the Simpsons characters all the time.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Image, yo. The starts to Tokyo Ghost and Plutona, nice.

DEADLY CLASS, VOL. 3: SNAKE PIT
DESCENDER, VOL. 1: TIN STARS
THE FADE OUT, VOL. 2
MATERIAL, VOL. 1

Great month for me.

YO anyone know how Prophet ended up?
It's not even really done. That whole Prophet: Earth War mini is still forthcoming.

Filthy Slug

Star Fox was kind or rad. That's my e3 input, y'all.

mreddie

I've been out over the weekend and gonna have to catch up work wise so taking night shifts for the time being. I heard MS and Sony actually brought their A Game and Bethesda did good.

Also, is there no Ms. Marvel in September?

This e3 has rekindled my love of videogames. I'm so excited for the future. To make this comic worthy and I'm not doing it out of spite, because of e3, or any other reason. I have been giving this some thought for some time now. My love of monthly comics is tiring. Aside from only a handful of books, most of my enjoyment of reading these stories has been in collected form.

Filthy Slug

Korrupt infected with Kipp's Anti-Comic Equation.

Stay strong, people.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
This e3 has rekindled my love of videogames. I'm so excited for the future. To make this comic worthy and I'm not doing it out of spite, because of e3, or any other reason. I have been giving this some thought for some time now. My love of monthly comics is tiring. Aside from only a handful of books, most of my enjoyment of reading these stories has been in collected form.

there certainly are a ton of great games en route!

even starting as early as next week with Arkham Knight

Mudcrab

I cant handle these extreme stereotypes. Everyone felt like a cliche, I just felt like I was bombed with this Cletus from the Simpsons characters all the time.

You have to understand that Aaron is from the South, loves the South, but isn't interested in presenting some idyllic version of Alabama. Trust me, these aren't extreme stereotypes in play here.

I actually don't know how newer readers tolerate the monthly grind. Even I've slacked off a lot on it lately. I still buy books weekly, but I tend to let them accumulate and read them in chunks. If I was mainly a physical reader, I would stick to trades 100% of the time. I just hate the delays, I like reading the reactions almost as much as reading the books.

Recently, there is more great stuff than ever in comics, at least for me. Even taking money out of it, I just don't have the time to keep up with all the books I would like to read. And I will talk about cutting my list down, but I know, oh I know, when those All-New Marvel announcements come my list will balloon again.

As far as videogames, I am a PC guy, so console exclusives matter not to me. I would like to play Rise of the Tomb Raider over Christmas, but that's not happening, no point crying over moneyhatting. I don't really have any nostalgia for any franchises that are returning. I am not a JRPG or Nintendo guy (Ireland was SEGA country when I was younger, I didn't know anyone who owned a SNES except me, and I bought mine in a garage sale long after Ireland became PlayStation country).

But hey, I'm glad people are getting what they want. It's been a good E3, and there were some nuggets here and there I'm interested in. It's not like I'm stuck for stuff to play. Part of me wishes I could share the hype though. I like being excited about things.

Filthy Slug

Star Fox looked like a lot of fun, I liked the little chicken walker the ship turned into.
Dude I loved the chicken walker. Like, the graphics were rough, but the sheer amount of fun I envisioned having with the transformations...

You have to understand that Aaron is from the South, loves the South, but isn't interested in presenting some idyllic version of Alabama. Trust me, these aren't extreme stereotypes in play here.

Both Jasons are from the South, and also, Aaron is really good about digging into these types of cultural comics--like Scalped--and not just writing shitty, cliche, two-dimensional garbage. I'm really into Southern Bastards so far, and it's already broken my heart in the best of ways.

Filthy Slug

I think after this e3 I'll finally shell out for a new console. Leaning towards ps4, but fuck do I want to play Star Fox.

tim1138

Dude I loved the chicken walker. Like, the graphics were rough, but the sheer amount of fun I envisioned having with the transformations...

I didn't mind the graphics, it looked like a modern, stylized take on the old games. The transformation stuff should be a blast, I totally agree.

Finally read Batman #41. I didn't really click with Gordon's Batman in the FCBD short story but he'd grown on me by the end of this issue. I like the suit as well. Really weird reading a Batman story by Snyder and Capullo with a non Bruce Wayne Batman though.

image.php

don't do this

I think after this e3 I'll finally shell out for a new console. Leaning towards ps4, but fuck do I want to play Star Fox.

Wii U's can be had for very cheap used. Don't buy a brand new one and you should be ok. Plus when you immediately resell it right after, the loss is substantially decreased.

Or just borrow. Never much point in purchasing a console for a single game or five.

Filthy Slug

Wii U's can be had for very cheap used. Don't buy a brand new one and you should be ok. Plus when you immediately resell it right after, the loss is substantially decreased.

Or just borrow. Never much point in purchasing a console for a single game or five.

This is the first generation I've stepped aside for, and it's made me feel a bit odd, 'cause I've been gaming since I was a little, fat, five year old. I'm thinking about just diving in again and having some fun.

Plus then I can play with some Comics-Gaffers.

Top Bottom