• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

I have to be honest most of these are pretty underwhelming. Even New 52 had a lot of interesting stuff like Lemire on Animal Man, Snyder on Swamp Thing, Morrison on Action, etc.

These marvel announcements feel like bargain basement creative teams and concepts.

Would you rather have four more years of Bendis?

Not that Bendis is a bad writer, but his reign on the X-books was pretty damn underwhelming.

Bendis is a good writer. The problem he has is the same one he's always had, and that's that his writing is extremely predictable and formulaic.

I know I'm in the minority, but I loved Bendis on ANXM and UXM.

I liked his X-Men stuff, but I really wasn't feeling All-New when it got deep into the run, meaning the past three to six months. Uncanny was stellar, though.

I have to be honest most of these are pretty underwhelming.

These marvel announcements feel like bargain basement creative teams and concepts.

Yes, for the most part, absolutely. But the ones that sound cool sound really cool.

E the Shaggy

The idea is that people will come in to get the previews Wednesday morning. That's the point. People aren't supposed to preorder before getting creative team info or anything like that.

I can understand the idea, but in this day and age, it's nigh impossible to see it through to fruition. You have to give people a little more incentive to visit the brick and mortar stores than "information that will be released an hour later on the internet or earlier!"

Having a retailer "shake with rage" that the news slipped is a bit of an extreme reaction to be fair. The people who are coming in to comic stores on a Wednesday morning are coming in regardless and I doubt it would have made any difference in a stores overall sales.

Sandfox

The X-Men side of Marvel is going to be completely different after Secret Wars(even the editiors) so I'm curious to see how big the differences are.

E the Shaggy

To be fair, I think that a lot of the big writers have just left to go on to bigger and brighter things (or found themselves at odds with Marvel and DC). The allure of television and movies where you can make MUCH MUCH more has too strong of a pull.

Calcium

Banned
I didn't like Bendis on X-Men. He just didn't really do anything with his time on the book. Once we get the new team I'll surely be looking back on his run with nostalgia, though.

E the Shaggy

Uncanny Avengers By Gerry Duggan and Ryan Stegman

With Steve Rogers, Human Torch, Rogue, Deadpool, Spider-Man, Quicksilver, Brother Voodoo and more.

Deadpool and Spider-Man on a team book?

stephen-colbert-excited-gif-3.gif

E: Didn't even take into account Johnny on there too! Unless its WW2 Torch.

Mudcrab

What an odd roster...not sure how I feel about this one.

Peter and Johnny on the same roster makes it amazing.

Remember when this was the Unity Squad that had superhumans and mutants working together? And now there's literally only two mutants on the team? Haha, that's a good joke, well done, funny Deadpool man.

“Fighting for Humanity, Inhumanity, Mutants and Deadpool”

Top Bottom