• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

avuZyUl.png

....How? Like they give these to stores and the stores tell people what the titles and creative teams are?

They would be leaked onto the internet immediately anyway within like an hour of dropping.

No. They give the mags to stores. The stores put them out on new comic day. People go to the stores.

I was going to. Until Brandon tweeted that, I thought they just leaked, but he basically confirms that the news is out because those preview books arrived at stores.

And as he goes on to say, this is why Marvel took away the First Look program, which allowed retailers to actually see the books they might need to reorder.

E the Shaggy

The point is it's supposed to be a big driver to stores much like FCBD was (obviously not on that same scale). There's a huge difference between CBR letting people know what's in the book on the day it's out as opposed to the entire preview book being old news a month before it drops.

But they're giving out Preview books? With the content of the new books inside? I don't see how this is detrimental to that. Throw an extra couple of preview pages in there and maintain the course.

E the Shaggy

No. They give the mags to stores. The stores put them out on new comic day. People go to the stores.

I was going to. Until Brandon tweeted that, I thought they just leaked, but he basically confirms that the news is out because those preview books arrived at stores.

And as he goes on to say, this is why Marvel took away the First Look program, which allowed retailers to actually see the books they might need to reorder.

Don't you think you should still go though? To support the store regardless?

Calcium

Banned
Greg Land on Uncanny has to be the biggest disappointment for me so far. I hope something amazing comes up to make up for it.

Also the dude is acting like the plot of books is being spoiled. Newsflash: The teams on a book are never a fucking spoiler. For some people they are a determining factor of whether or not they are going to get the book.

No. The dude is fully aware that a key driver to stores has been erased.

Why are you mad at a comics retailer? They literally have the most thankless job on Earth, are at the whim of an incompetent monopoly, serving an anemic and shrinking fan base, and now, have to deal with people like you telling them to just lighten up, when you have no earthly idea what you're talking about or what was expected from the program.

What's the longest you've been on hold with Diamond Distributors? If your answer is "less than an hour," you probably shouldn't engage in this conversation. If you answer is "I've never had to call Diamond Distributors" then, oh boy, dude, what are you DOING saying this shit.

E the Shaggy

Doesn't the preview book come out like in... 2 days?

Ok, if that's the case, the idea that this was going to be some huge thing bringing people into stores is ridiculous. I haven't heard ANYTHING about this happening. I don't see it on any of the comic sites. Who was this even for exactly?

PsychBat!

Banned
Why are you mad at a comics retailer? They literally have the most thankless job on Earth, are at the whim of an incompetent monopoly, serving an anemic and shrinking fan base, and now, have to deal with people like you telling them to just lighten up, when you have no earthly idea what you're talking about or what was expected from the program.

dat hyperbole

the most thankless job on Earth is building those useless stadiums in Qatar

Venom and Carnage ongoings? What is this the 90s???

Lmao at all the X-Men creative teams it seems like they either paired a shit writer with a decent artist or a good writer with a shit artist (Jeff Lemire and Huberto Ramos. Really dawg?)

Venom and Carnage ongoings? What is this the 90s???

Lmao at all the X-Men creative teams it seems like they either paired a shit writer with a decent artist or a good writer with a shit artist (Jeff Lemire and Huberto Ramos. Really dawg?)

Gambit 1138
(Today, 12:58 PM)

also you see that Daredevil announcement, my dude? We're in for some fun times

Nudull

Banned
We shall see.

None of this stuff is really wowing me. I mean, Bagley and Hopeless on the All-New X-Men relaunch? Ugh.

Would you rather have four more years of Bendis?

Not that Bendis is a bad writer, but his reign on the X-books was pretty damn underwhelming.

The alternative was to what? Tell people about the book titles and have them preorder before seeing what the creative teams were?

Seems disingenuous as fuck.

All the information leaked was in the magazine, whose whole point was to arrive before the solicitations/pre-orders.

What are you talking about.

The alternative was to what? Tell people about the book titles and have them preorder before seeing what the creative teams were?

Seems disingenuous as fuck.

The idea is that people will come in to get the previews Wednesday morning. That's the point. People aren't supposed to preorder before getting creative team info or anything like that.

Top Bottom