• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Carnage and Carnage USA were pretty good. Carnage-Man was pretty good. You can do something interesting with Carnage.

Please at least do something interesting with him if you're giving him his own ongoing, Marvel.

Maybe give us Carnage-Man back somehow?

Dude wrote a book called Black Bolt: Something Inhuman This Way Comes.

There's, like, less than zero possibility of it being good.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Old Man Logan by Jeff Lemire and Andrea Dorrention

Wolverine by Tom Taylor and David Lopez

Deadpool by Gerry Duggan and Mike Hawthorne

All-New X-Men by Dennis Hopeless and Mark Bagley

Extraordinary X-Men
by Jeff Lemire and Humberto Ramos

Uncanny X-men by Cullen Bunn and Greg Land

Angela: Asgard’s Assassin by Marguerite Bennett, Kim Jacinto and Stephanie Hans

Howling Commandos Of SHIELD By Frank Barbieri and Brent Schoonover

Karnak by Warren Ellis and Gerardo Zaffino

Venom: Spaceknight by Robbie Thompson and Ariel
Olivetti

Daredevil by Charles Soule and Ron Garney

Web Warriors by Mike Costa and David Baldeon

The Illuminati by Josh Williamson and Shawn Crystal

Vision by Tom King and Gabriel H Walta

Spider-Woman
by Dennis Hopeless and Javier Rodriguez

The Ultimates by Al Ewing and Kenneth Rocafort

Carnage by Gerry Conway nd Mike Perkins

ghostmind

Whelp, that's the last time Marvel does this again. Back to the teasers on Newsarama, CBR, etc.

GJ on screwing over your own, comic store guy(s).

this just means that Ramos won't be on Spider-Man.

image.php

Isn't this the same Gerry Conway who wrote The Night Gwen Stacey Died? I'd be willing to give him a chance.

Indeed, but there he was tackling a topic far simpler than Carnage, which has managed to suck for more than 20 years. That's even harder than writing a decent hulk story.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Marvel's new teams and casts sound like the result of pulling names out of a hat. "The first name out is Daredevil! And he'll be paired with... drumroll please... Gambit!"

Uh... Morrison makes me kinda interested, but the premise is so blah. It feels been-there-done-that even though it hasn't. New unexpected origin story for ancient character! Now with more grit!

Sony's been putting together a movie with a similar premise, Winter's Knight, which I assume is the project he mentions he's trying to beat to market. Also this origin story The Immortal coming from the brilliant mind of Glenn Beck.

E the Shaggy

it was supposed be exclusive to a print magazine exclusive to the stores to draw in business

....How? Like they give these to stores and the stores tell people what the titles and creative teams are?

They would be leaked onto the internet immediately anyway within like an hour of dropping.

If the idea is to get people into stores to announce what the titles were, why haven't I heard anything about it anywhere? Has anyone been promoting this?

ReiGun

"Morrison has teamed with artist Dan Mora -- a BOOM! veteran known for his work on "Hexed" -- for "Klaus," a six-issue miniseries slated to debut in November. "Klaus" is a Santa Claus origin story, reinventing Father Christmas as a crusader against injustice and a rough-and-tumble, Conan the Barbarian-esque superhero. The series draws upon early Viking and Siberian Santa Claus mythology, but also aims to be contemporary, portraying a much cooler and fiercer Santa than the one usually known to come to town every December 25."

Yes. Yes to this.

PsychBat!

Banned
god damn Bagley and Land on X-Men books? Really not looking forward to this generation of X-Men.

Hope Daredevil is good. I really don't get why Gambit is there.

Mudcrab

....How? Like they give these to stores and the stores tell people what the titles and creative teams are?

They would be leaked onto the internet immediately anyway within like an hour of dropping.

You could apply that same logic to FCBD, but it ends up being a huge sales day since it drives tons of people to the store who end up buying things in addition to the free stuff.

arkon

Marvel's new teams and casts sound like the result of pulling names out of a hat. "The first name out is Daredevil! And he'll be paired with... drumroll please... Gambit!"

Uh... Morrison makes me kinda interested, but the premise is so blah. It feels been-there-done-that even though it hasn't. New unexpected origin story for ancient character! Now with more grit!

Sony's been putting together a movie with a similar premise, Winter's Knight, which I assume is the project he mentions he's trying to beat to market. Also this origin story The Immortal coming from the brilliant mind of Glenn Beck.

It's supposed to be targeting an all-ages audience apparently. Interesting choice of promo pic if so.

E the Shaggy

You could apply that same logic to FCBD, but it ends up being a huge sales day since it drives tons of people to the store who end up buying things in addition to the free stuff.

You can't really apply this idea to getting free physical comics at a store. It's just information that's going to hit the web almost instantly anyway. Should we have yelled at Comic Book Resources or Newsarama for leaking this stuff an hour after hitting the stores?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
It's supposed to be targeting an all-ages audience apparently. Interesting choice of promo pic if so.
Yeah, he says it's "all-ages" but everything else he says, and the pic, don't really gel with that. Conan the Barbarian, Lord of the Rings, and Batman Begins are odd touchstones for an all-ages book. We'll see.

To take something so ridiculous that we all know, and suddenly do a twist on it. I keep coming back to, why has no one thought of this? This is like a Mark Millar idea. [Laughs]
Heh.

Mudcrab

You can't really apply this idea to getting free physical comics at a store. It's just information that's going to hit the web almost instantly anyway. Should we have yelled at Comic Book Resources or Newsarama for leaking this stuff an hour after hitting the stores?

The point is it's supposed to be a big driver to stores much like FCBD was (obviously not on that same scale). There's a huge difference between CBR letting people know what's in the book on the day it's out as opposed to the entire preview book being old news a month before it drops.

The point is it's supposed to be a big driver to stores much like FCBD was. There's a huge difference between CBR letting people know what's in the book on the day it's out as opposed to the entire preview book being old news a month before it drops.

Doesn't the preview book come out like in... 2 days?

Top Bottom