• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Finished first volume of Shutter, this book is the real deal. I love how the cartoony artstyle contrasts with the sudden dark shift of tone, like
the record store massacre in issue 6. Pretty shocked at that turn of events. Even more when none of the bounty hunters made it out alive. Shaw was such a tragic character: over the span of 6 issues he went from a proud lion to a mute shadow of himself who got blown to bits by a shotgun.

Yeah... absolutely love this series. The art alone sells it, but the story and characters are just as amazing

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Someone should hire a speaker with a great voice and let him read the "And it came the day where earth mightiest heroes faced a threat..." Phrase.

This line gets me excited everytime I read it and I dont even know why.

Finished first volume of Shutter, this book is the real deal. I love how the cartoony artstyle contrasts with the sudden dark shift of tone, like
the record store massacre in issue 6. Pretty shocked at that turn of events. Even more when none of the bounty hunters made it out alive. Shaw was such a tragic character: over the span of 6 issues he went from a proud lion to a mute shadow of himself who got blown to bits by a shotgun.

Yeah... absolutely love this series. The art alone sells it, but the story and characters are just as amazing

It's rather enjoyable. The closest thing I have to a complaint is in regards to
the whole Alain being trans deal. I'm super on-board with getting as many well-written and interesting trans characters of all types into comics, but the whole way it was demonstrated here just left me a bit perplexed. It felt a bit ham handed and oddly seemed to reenforce "dolls are for girls". And with the timing it just felt a lot like "Oh no, my trans best friend just got really hurt!" Maybe I'm just being overly critical here.

Yeah, I liked Smasher a lot. Shame she faded a bit as Avengers reached it's conclusion.

Anyone going to SDCC? Get me one of these please! :p

PPKChYy.jpg

Messi

Went to buy a Catwoman book today and my store only had Nocenti trades in Stock. I thought that was pretty funny. Then I remembered I own all of them. I just wanted an old Catwoman story :(

tim1138

You're right. This new one seems to feature some sort of neanderthal with lightning powers and the Little Mermaid is pissed at him. It can't possibly be the same book.

Yeah, there's no way that's a continuation of the delightful Aquaman book DC has graced us with the past four years. Thank god Parker is taking Mera with him to JLU, so someone competent will still be writing her.

Tizoc

Mega Man on Steam. Capcom finally does something right.

They'll screw it up somehow.

Fuck's sake, spare me this moronic pessimism, their PC releases have all been good. Dead Rising 3 had messy coding to begin with, but other than that, their PC releases fared really well.

arkon

So, does anyone know anything about the future of black Science?

Why bring you one when I can sell it online :p

I think in the letters section of a recent issue (#14?) Remender said he had the story mapped out to 50 issues at least. Although he did also say it could run to more depending on the amount of additional ideas they come up with during production to that point. And obviously the standard caveat of sales propping the series up that long (which still looked good for them as of #13).

Owzers

I'm so bored, I'm looking up old PSAs. Tomorrow is orientation for the place I applied. Someone help me.

You could read a comic, that's something people do when bored.

I'm trying to get excited for E3, Witcher 3 is was my planned pre-E3 hype buildup game and it's working somewhat except i feel tired when i play Witcher 3. The story is terrible, basically. Here is my first 4 hours of story summary:
You are looking for Yennefer, you go to a small villlage, the nilfgardian in charge says he knows which way she went but will only tell you if you kill a griffin for him. You kill the griffin, go back to the guy, he says she went to Vizima. You get ready to go there, Yennefer comes to you and you still go to Vizima. Emperor of Nilfgardia says he's trying to find Cirri and wants you to help him because Witchers find stuff. You have to find a guy who has info about her, he tells you two places to check. You go to a Baron and he says he saw her and he has info, he'll give you this info if you find his daughter and wife for him.

That's is one step up from absolute bullshit. They are trying to disguise fetch quest structuring as the main plot.

You could read a comic, that's something people do when bored.

I'm trying to get excited for E3, Witcher 3 is was my planned pre-E3 hype buildup game and it's working somewhat except i feel tired when i play Witcher 3. The story is terrible, basically. Here is my first 4 hours of story summary:
You are looking for Yennefer, you go to a small villlage, the nilfgardian in charge says he knows which way she went but will only tell you if you kill a griffin for him. You kill the griffin, go back to the guy, he says she went to Vizima. You get ready to go there, Yennefer comes to you and you still go to Vizima. Emperor of Nilfgardia says he's trying to find Cirri and wants you to help him because Witchers find stuff. You have to find a guy who has info about her, he tells you two places to check. You go to a Baron and he says he saw her and he has info, he'll give you this info if you find his daughter and wife for him.

That's is one step up from absolute bullshit. They are trying to disguise fetch quest structuring as the main plot.
The side quests are better than the story missions in my experience.

Top Bottom