• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Maybe you'll get her to assume the official omnibus reading position?

Get your mind out of the gutter. Nasty.

Sejic is going to San Diego Comic Con. Where I'm sure he will do commissions :(

I'll take a picture with Sejic's booth in the background but not notice it's there, just for you!

I keep forgetting I'm going to SDCC. When is it again? I could google it, but whaaatever.

Messi

Get your mind out of the gutter. Nasty.

I'll take a picture with Sejic's booth in the background but not notice it's there, just for you!

I keep forgetting I'm going to SDCC. When is it again? I could google it, but whaaatever.

Kipp. We need to talk.

Boogiepop

They can create an invoice for the price of all items + total shipping. It's really easy for them to do that since, if I remember correct, you can do it straight from the eBay page which will then link to Paypal to have the invoice sent out.
Thanks, that's what ended up happening, however...

I'm an idiot, looks like. Didn't realize however paying invoices on ebay worked, and clicking the pay now button on it from my email on my phone took me to one of the items. I was stupid and did my math wrong (thought I had bought 6 games instead of 8 like I actually did thanks to my brain being scrambled from it being early in the morning or something, I don't know, and I thought the seller had given me no discount, when he actually gave me a $7 one).

And... I paid for half the items. Guessing invoices just don't work on their mobile site and I need to use a computer or something? And I'm guessing eBay's system isn't smart enough to balance things out so I can still use the invoice and it'll give me the proper rate with the consideration that I already paid for half the items.

So I'm guessing my best option is going to be contacting the guy and hoping he's willing to do a new invoice for the remaining items with the same discount. Feel bad though since I'm already getting a great deal and this was my fault...

Wait, that's Dick? Interest just went from 0 to 100%

Yeah, sorry for the spoilers; It's a change from Convergence.
During the main series the previous Batman, Thomas Wayne, is killed taking out a whole bunch of Batman's rogues gallery villains who had tracked him and Dick down. He was out of the drug he used to keep strong so he blew himself up with them. Dick is seen for the first time as Batman during the Earth 2 Society preview.

Yeah, sorry for the spoilers; It's a change from Convergence.
During the main series the previous Batman, Thomas Wayne, is killed taking out a whole bunch of Batman's rogues gallery villains who had tracked him and Dick down. He was out of the drug he used to keep strong so he blew himself up with them. Dick is seen for the first time as Batman during the Earth 2 Society preview.

No worries about spoilers, on the whole I don't mind much except for individual stories. I actually appreciate it, that sounds promising. I'll have to keep an eye on this when it starts.

Owzers

I have one volume of Locke and Key left to reread, volume 3, before moving on to volume four. I'm not a fan of rereading things really, i like new stuff, but it's been over a year since i stopped reading Locke and think the refresher will be useful.

Have shelves full of trades.
Never read any of them.

Kipp

Just got some sage advice from my female, married coworker. I got this.

I like to consider it historic conservation efforts for the future of humanity.

I like this. We're doing good work.

You think that means my comics purchases are tax deductible in some way?

Kipp

SDCC is July 9-12 this year

Reeaally wanna go again one year. So much fun even if it is crowded as hell.

Oh yay. Didn't even have to Google it. Thanks, my man.

And you should totally go. We need to make the ComicsGAF presence felt.

You can't not share.

She pretty much seconded Baron's advice about whipping out my Doom Patrol omnibus

But nah, she basically told me to say something like "I really like hanging out with you" and assuming she responds with "I really like hanging out with you too," ask her on a more formal sort of date and whatnot. Seems totally do-able to me, unlike straight up telling her I like her out of nowhere which seemed pretty near impossible for me to actually get the nerve to do. And a few other general points of advice that were very helpful/reassuring.

Kipp

Even I'm going to recommend reading Animal Man. And that's ME recommending actually reading something, so you know it's good.

*looks at the thread*

Oh thank god. Kipp got some real advice instead of taking the nonsense you bozos were tossing out seriously. :p

As for what I was originally going to post: Jeez, every "PC" and/or comedy-related OT thread really does become a predictable mess, doesn't it?

*looks at the thread*

Oh thank god. Kipp got some real advice instead of taking the nonsense you bozos were tossing out seriously. :p

As for what I was originally going to post: Jeez, every "PC" and/or comedy-related OT thread really does become a predictable mess, doesn't it?

Hey, I take offense to that.

And GAF is a scary place outside of comicGAF.

Kipp

*looks at the thread*

Hahaha
Yeah, I figured it'd probably be a good idea to get a second opinion.
No offense, ComicsGAF fam.

Zombine

Banned
*looks at the thread*

Wanna check out my gamescore? I'm at like 93,000+

Kipp was a beta tester for a steam device. He still has the badge to prove it.

I think she meant political correctness, or is that the joke?

That said, if that gamerscore is indicative of your penis size, I am very interested.

Kipp

How do you think I got my last job? It's on my resume. It shows I'm dedicated to winning.

Hahaha. Damn. That's probably why it took me so long to find a good job. Can't believe I forgot something as important as that.

Additional Skills: Have over 400 games in Steam Library

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
*looks at the thread*

hey now my advice was pretty solid.

and yeah, despite the strict moderation there are still some goobery MRA types / closet racists on GAF. what can ya do but wait for them to get banned en masse in every pro-feminism / PC thread.

Is it so wrong to long for the simpler times, when games were about games instead of gamerscore, achievements, badges, hats, and trading cards? The days when 1cc meant something? When lives and scores in games still actually made sense in some cases? Is that really so wrong?

Zombine

Banned
Is it so wrong to long for the simpler times, when games were about games instead of gamerscore, achievements, badges, hats, and trading cards? The days when 1cc meant something? When lives and scores in games still actually made sense in some cases? Is that really so wrong?

I'm really good at the Simpsons arcade game.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

I think I like Nintendo as much as I do because I don't have to play games with Trophies/Achievements in mind. I always feel like if I finish a game with 20% of those then I didn't really finish it, but I don't want to do a bunch of nonsense I wouldn't do otherwise just to get that number higher.

Spoken like someone who doesn't have a 5 digit gamerscore.

Sounds like you might have a case of the hipsters.

I don't you qualify as a hipster if the stuff you're talking about applied to your actual childhood. Seems to me it's closer to telling kids to get off my lawn.

Precisely why you're a hipster. Young people trying to act all old and nostalgic and "in muh time". I bet you also go to coffee shops with your typewriter and sit there sipping latte and twirling your whatever girls have instead of staches and ohgodihopeyoudonthavealegitfemstache.

Hahaha
Yeah, I figured it'd probably be a good idea to get a second opinion.
No offense, ComicsGAF fam.

Kipp, if you're ending those dates with a handshake...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
its time

feb43cc232e1b8a0998044b09f6d0787_xl.jpg

Hahaha. Damn. That's probably why it took me so long to find a good job. Can't believe I forgot something as important as that.

Additional Skills: Have over 400 games in Steam Library
Might not want to of the a Steam total in there, could look bad if you're like me and have completed maybe 10%

Precisely why you're a hipster. Young people trying to act all old and nostalgic and "in muh time". I bet you also go to coffee shops with your typewriter and sit there sipping latte and twirling your whatever girls have instead of staches and ohgodihopeyoudonthavealegitfemstache.

They twirl their mustaches just like the rest of us

Classic hipster logic...

No, no. The best hipster logic I've seen was "There are no hipsters."

The only real games are those with two colours and no sound!

And hey, let's not hate on ladies that have more aggressive facial hair!

Top Bottom