• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Messi

Zdarsky on Howard ending

IT’S TRUE! HOWARD THE DUCK IS ENDING!

Joe and I knew from the beginning that we had a story to tell and that the story had an ending, so this has been planned almost from the start when Wil Moss hired us to reboot everyone’s favourite talking duck. Knowing this was coming up was surprisingly hard for me! I knew we had an ending, but I love the book so much it’s hard to walk away from it! But it feels right for me, for Joe, and for the character, who will no doubt thrive with a new creative team down the line.

I’m insanely proud of the thirteen issues we’ve done so far, and of the three we have left. It’s not over yet!

-Chip!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Sorry for all that clone garbage, but I just flipped through some of the Epics and guess what solution they once considered to clean up the whole who is the clone shit?

Right. They wanted to play the Mephisto changes the status quo card...

VanWinkle

What arcs of n52 detective are worth reading? I know it's supposed to be pretty hit and miss.

Issues 35 and 36 are great. A little two parter by Ben Percy and John Paul Leon.

I'm reading the Buccaletto/Manapul stuff right now and it's not great. Better than people seem to say it is, but still not great. Started strong but kind of fizzles out. Writing is mediocre, and story is just not that interesting.

Art is INCREDIBLE, though.

Ioo0wBv.png

Mf4uBUL.png

I thought it was well known that Marvel offices have always been equipped with little Mephisto dolls in glass cases that say "In case of emergency break continuity" on them

Marvel Solicits means time for Squirrel Girl solicit...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...in-marvel-comics-september-2016-solicitations

THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #12

RYAN NORTH (W) • ERICA HENDERSON (A/C)

COSPLAY VARIANT COVER AVAILABLE

• Everyone gets a week-long break from class, and Squirrel Girl is taking Nancy to visit her parents up in Canada! WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG, RIGHT?
• Turns out, nothing! It's a great trip and nothing of note happens and our comic is actually EXTREMELY DULL. Sorry everyone.
• No, just kidding! Our comic is actually SUPER AWESOME and things get real crazy real quick once a certain super-powered villain nobody has heard of for over a decade reappears!
• That's right! This comic features mysteries AND Canadians AND camping, not to mention our ALREADY super-enticing focus on squirrel powers!
• Let's see Howard the Duck promise you THAT.

32 PGS./Rated T ...$3.99

THE VISION #11

TOM KING (W) • GABRIEL HERNANDEZ WALTA (A)

Cover by MIKE DEL MUNDO

• The Avengers draw a line in the sand. They tell Vision he is not to cross this line. If he does, they will destroy him. "Remember," they say. "You're an Avenger. First. Always." "Stay where you are," they say. "Don't cross the line," they say. Vision nods. He tells them he understands.
• Then Vision crosses the line.
• The end is coming for the most critically acclaimed book of the year, and no one is safe. Don't miss the issue everyone will be talking about.
• Also, hail Hydra.

Looks like no great HCs from Marvel for setp either.

every month Squirrel Girl keeps getting published is a good one

Sorry for all that clone garbage, but I just flipped through some of the Epics and guess what solution they once considered to clean up the whole who is the clone shit?

Right. They wanted to play the Mephisto changes the status quo card...

I love that Clone Saga legit has an issue where the editorial straight up tells you "here are a bunch of solutions to this mess we potentially could have used" and its not even like...top 10 worst parts of the Clone Saga.

CBR has an interview up with the writer of Shade the Changing Girl. It sounds just as great as Doom Patrol.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...i-embraces-madness-in-shade-the-changing-girl
I'm picking up all of the Young Animal stuff but this and Doom Patrol are the ones I'm most looking forward to. They sound so good from these interviews. The writer being a Love and Rockets fan is really the icing on the cake for me. Can't wait.
Marvel Solicits means time for Squirrel Girl solicit...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...in-marvel-comics-september-2016-solicitations

Looks like no great HCs from Marvel for setp either.
Henderson's covers lately have been really good. Best comic.

Tizoc

Can we take this opportunity to appreciate the ever loving heck out of The Black Racer?
Kirby's personification of death is a black man in a technocolor armor who flies around space using skis.
Um7Wk9y.png

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP. THIS IS SO ABSURD IT IS AWESOME.

tim1138

Can we take this opportunity to appreciate the ever loving heck out of The Black Racer?
Kirby's personification of death is a black man in a technocolor armor who flies around space using skis.

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP. THIS IS SO ABSURD IT IS AWESOME.

It's pretty great.
Are you reading the Fourth World stuff for the first time?

at least we can always depend on tizoc to type in all caps and post giant images without quotes

We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.

tim1138

Yup! It's been a long time coming and it's high time I experienced this.
I am enjoying it, it's so...Kirby.

It's fucking great, that whole run is my favorite comics story of all time. It's pure, unadulterated Kirby, dude just cuts loose with crazy concepts and ideas and it all works.

Tizoc

Wait am I the only one here with a 17" screen laptop?
To be fair though I had no idea how big a 17" screen laptop would be :V

Gonna read up more Kirby tomorrow during work.
Maybe I'll read through Final Crisis as well, I need some more good Darkseid in my...anti-life.

tim1138

Gonna read up more Kirby tomorrow during work.
Maybe I'll read through Final Crisis as well, I need some more good Darkseid in my...anti-life.

That is a great idea.
Honestly everyone should read the Fourth World and Kamandi before reading Final Crisis, it makes it so much more enjoyable.

That is a great idea.
Honestly everyone should read the Fourth World and Kamandi before reading Final Crisis, it makes it so much more enjoyable.

I have to jump on Kamandi sometime. Trying to space out all my Kirby to-read books.

Tried reading some more of Kirby's Captain America, it's not been that great. I might return the book and borrow it again at a later time.

Owzers

Roman Reigns has been suspended for a month for being too strong, i'm going to get some comic reading done to distract myself from this loss.

Started with another issue of the Vader Down story on MU, Star Wars #14ish. It's still OKAY, i don't expect much from the book and it delivers competent issues without standing out. Tonight's reading mission is getting through the first two issues of Gwenpool to see if i should continue pre-ordering.

tim1138

I have to jump on Kamandi sometime. Trying to space out all my Kirby to-read books.

Tried reading some more of Kirby's Captain America, it's not been that great. I might return the book and borrow it again at a later time.

Have you read OMAC or the Demon yet?

I dunno how you feel about the F4, but the early stuff is worth it just for Kirby's art.

Tizoc

I dunno how you feel about the F4, but the early stuff is worth it just for Kirby's art.

OMAC is my FAVOURITE series that Jack Kirby made. A shame on how it ended T_T It is however a fantastic and fun series to read, I mean how many super heroes do you know announce and warn people to GTFO the facility that they're gonna blow up?

No, I have a lot of his DC stuff to go through yet. Demon, Kamandi, OMAC, Challengers of the Unknown, Losers, etc. I recently finished reading his Strange Tales stuff and loved it.
Fortunately I've been able to track down all the books.

The Captain America run I am trying to read starts at #193 in 1975.

frye

No, I have a lot of his DC stuff to go through yet. Demon, Kamandi, OMAC, Challengers of the Unknown, Losers, etc. I recently finished reading his Strange Tales stuff and loved it.
Fortunately I've been able to track down all the books.

The Captain America run I am trying to read starts at #193 in 1975.

OMAC is basically Captain America In The Future so that's a solid choice for your next series

Okay, Freeza gonna go look at the Marvel solicits and get back to you guys.

Edit: Okay, there was really not much in those solicits to be excited about. Certainly not those prices.

Top Bottom