• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

tim1138

Knightfall holds up surprisingly well, imo. It helps that it's a strong story on its own, as well as being a light deconstruction of 90's superhero trends.

I like Knightfall a lot, it's one of the few big 90s event stories that still holds up to this day. I'm curious to see how the omnibus contents differ from the big paperbacks they put out a few years back.

Owzers

As someone who talked about the NBA game, i'm usually careful not to spoil things, but those things involve stories. So game of thrones, don't spoil the story. Comics, movies, shows, stories stories stories. Live events....i think you're on your own and should probably just not open the internet. For instance, El Narez joked about who won the Money in the Bank match and i could have stopped reading comics-gaf then, but i chose not to and Freeza, yes, our beloved Freeza, spoiled it for me when i'm the one who usually spoils wrestling when it comes to ROMAN REIGNS.Now Freeza is on a list somewhere and i move on.

Mindwipe

Not entirely true. Apparently some things leaked from a Korean test version. Golden weapons and a new money system.

Crap. All of it.

Well yeah, but it's all hideous crap and I'm nowhere near enough a srius busnss player to actually ever get them. In a way the stuff I'd never get being very unattractive works out nicely.

If it had been new characters I'd give a shit, but I probably won't even play ranked mode ever.

nah, i like the idea of earning 'competition points' for exclusive cosmetics

the golden guns in S1 are awful though, yeah

Pretty much where I'm at. They're just so boring. Is this some PC shooter standby that I'm unfamiliar with? Are Golden Guns such an expected feature that they felt they had to get them out of the way now?

Special weapons and accessories would have been way cooler.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Shouldn't they go well with the with the white and gold skins? Do those not already give golden guns?

true, some of them will go together decent enough. Mercy's will go well with my Valkyrie skin, Pharah's with my Anubis, Reinhardt's with my Stonehardt.

but on it's own (and with a lot of skins) it'll just look super gaudy

Pretty much where I'm at. They're just so boring. Is this some PC shooter standby that I'm unfamiliar with? Are Golden Guns such an expected feature that they felt they had to get them out of the way now?

it's definitely "a thing" to have Golden Gun skins. they're really popular (for whatever reason) so putting them out early makes sense.

i'm sure we'll get really cool stuff down the road (assuming by "special weapons" you just mean weapon skins.)

Messi

Special weapons is a complete no no for me. If they do those I am out.

Skins are coming. Danny from GameSpot said he seen loads at blizzard that aren't in the game yet.

Owzers

I just want better matchmaking where they don't throw me on a team that has no idea what they are doing.

But what if they put me on that team because they think i have no idea what i'm doing....

Speaking off, nobody here is watching EURO 2016?

I am, but Republic of Ireland, so yeah.

I regret not betting on someone to win the tournament outright so I'd have interest for the later rounds (I do that for tournaments that the ROI aren't in), but I'm up a good bit on accumulators so there's that. I should be able to buy a new phone with the winnings provided the last few days of pools go okay.

Because there's nothing new going on in Overwatch of interest.

tumblr_o7wxk9alWT1s39xfuo1_1280.gif

Ultima_5

So is there a good comics history podcast? Like one where each episode covers a character or an arc or something? Have a boring week of work and would love something new to listen to

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Oh cool, my wife got Hamilton tickets for the Chicago run.

👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

So is there a good comics history podcast? Like one where each episode covers a character or an arc or something? Have a boring week of work and would love something new to listen to

i know one podcast x-plains the x-men history but i've never heard it

Messi

I know they are joking but this makes me sad:

HOWARD THE DUCK #11
CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • JOE QUINONES (A/C)
LAST ISSUE VARIANT COVER BY CHIP ZDARSKY
ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
DEFENDERS VARIANT COVER BY Jamal Campbell
• Join Chip (Zdarsky) and Joe (Quinones) as they say goodbye to Howard in a Very Special Issue that is still priced as a Regular Issue!
• Can Howard outwit fate? Can any of us? Or is the concept of predestination just shorthand for the near-infinite factors in play that are guided, at their core, by free will?
• Guest-starring Spider-Man, probably.
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

also

GWENPOOL #6
CHRIS HASTINGS (W) • GURIHIRU (A)
Cover by STACEY LEE
COSPLAY VARIANT COVER AVAILABLE
• Gwen's "team-up" with Miles Morales ends...badly!
• Man, oh, man, she is not a good person! It gets dark!
• We promise this is not a Civil War II tie-in!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

Less funny when you consider most of the line gets destroyed by Marvel even tie ins.

Messi

Zdarsky leaving Jughead and Howard ending, wonder what he's doing next. Is he on anything else?

One would hope he is going back to drawing Sex Criminals or at the very least he could start a website to talk about his writing.

--

Seems Vote Loki isn't an ongoing as the TP is not listed as vol 1.

Hellcat solicit mentions it being the end of their second arc. But doesn't mention cancellation. Its written as if it is going to continue which is a shock. Glad its sticking around.

Oh cool, my wife got Hamilton tickets for the Chicago run.

Your wife sounds like a classy lady.

I've taken my wife to see Wicked on Broadway several years ago (I've seen it three times), but Hamilton has never been an option due to impossible to find tickets, outrageous prices, having a five year old son, and my work schedule. I was super excited when they announced the nationwide tour, but we're moving to California in a few weeks and don't have any viable options. I was also super excited when they announced they are filming it, but all the discussion on that front makes it sound like it won't be released for quite some time. It's pulling in truckloads of money, and that would probably hurt some of that momentum. Too bad.

I'll stick with listening to the soundtrack, and will read the book this summer.

tim1138

So I'm the only one who reads Kaptara then??

Not gonna lie, I forgot that book even existed. I read the first few issues before losing interest.

I've taken my wife to see Wicked on Broadway several years ago (I've seen it three times), but Hamilton has never been an option due to impossible to find tickets, outrageous prices, having a five year old son, and my work schedule. I was super excited when they announced the nationwide tour, but we're moving to California in a few weeks and don't have any viable options. I was also super excited when they announced they are filming it, but all the discussion on that front makes it sound like it won't be released for quite some time. It's pulling in truckloads of money, and that would probably hurt some of that momentum. Too bad.

I'll stick with listening to the soundtrack, and will read the book this summer.

We've seen a bunch of touring shows, and got to see Dirty Rotten Scoundrels on Broadway when we visited NYC about 10 years ago. I really like the soundtrack for Hamilton, but I admittedly am not into it as much as she is. As a fan of musicals and a government/history teacher, it's like her favorite thing ever. We've got the book about the production at home, and it's super nice.

JTripper

I like Knightfall a lot, it's one of the few big 90s event stories that still holds up to this day. I'm curious to see how the omnibus contents differ from the big paperbacks they put out a few years back.

I hope they don't differ because I dished out for those paperback tomes lol but they didn't include the issues of Bruce's recovery apparently so it's weird when he just returns out of nowhere all good to go. If anything, the omni should include that stuff.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Just a PSA: When someone is thinking about buying that Clone Saga stuff, its just half of the whole arc. There are 6 Epics missing.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

Where in California? It's going to be in LA on the tour sometime. Individual tickets aren't up yet, but they're a part of the season tickets at the theater they're going into.

Also, last night I got two plays of the game as Zenyatta. Felt good.

Messi

Not gonna lie, I forgot that book even existed. I read the first few issues before losing interest.

We've seen a bunch of touring shows, and got to see Dirty Rotten Scoundrels on Broadway when we visited NYC about 10 years ago. I really like the soundtrack for Hamilton, but I admittedly am not into it as much as she is. As a fan of musicals and a government/history teacher, it's like her favorite thing ever. We've got the book about the production at home, and it's super nice.

Zdarsky forgot about it too.

tim1138

I hope they don't differ because I dished out for those paperback tomes lol but they didn't include the issues of Bruce's recovery apparently so it's weird when he just returns out of nowhere all good to go. If anything, the omni should include that stuff.

The paperback release definitely framed it as an Azrael story that just happened to include Bruce for parts at the beginning and end. To be honest, I prefer it that way. Azrael's descent into madness and the System is much more interesting to me than Bruce getting healed and coming back.

Top Bottom