• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Li Kao

You should look on eBay for Howard the Duck, and soon. It got clearanced out and you can find a copy for $30 - $40 shipped. It had recently dropped to < $30 but is going up again.

Meh, the best price I could fin is the IST one :-/
30-40 would be insta-buy.

Dear diary,

I read Green Lanterns #1 today. It was utter nonsense. I loved it.

Best,

Zombine

/livejournal

You know I had put the great DC catch-up war on hold after the Marvel one, but these glowing feedback are seriously tempting.
Well, more of a great microscopic little skirmish as I planned to resume 90% of my DC readings with Rebirth.

VanWinkle

Man I'm SO EXCITED to finally be getting the Green Lantern by Johns Omnibus Vol. 2 on Wednesday. I already have vol. 3 so I'm ready to go once I get it. Been waiting forever to buy it, because vol. 1 was soooo good.

Li Kao

Dear diary,

I read Green Lanterns #1 today. It was utter nonsense. I loved it.

Best,

Zombine

/livejournal

I would also had that the 'nonsense' part of your post is interesting. I remember 'Battle for Bludhaven', completely nonsensical to me, and absolutely wonderful because of it.
There was something so totally pulpy in this strange mix of convoluted backstories and unlikely heroes. Loved it.

If Green Lantern is even a little bit on the same level of 'it is a comic-book and we absolutely assume that fact', consider my interest piqued.

What are we talking about? The Omnibus?

Yup, Howard the Duck Omnibus is kinda tempting. Not tempting enough to finish obliterating my budget, but whatsinaname talked about a clearance, I'm nervous.

I'm bummed I wasn't able to get it for that crazy deal a week or two back. I assume you cancelled yours, too? Shipping ended up being jacked up to like twice the amount or more so I didn't go through with it.

Yeah, mine got cancelled too.

Isn't that the kind of shit Amazon resellers usually pull?

They did ship out at that price to everyone in Europe . They had just underestimated shipping cost to the US.

Busaiku

Wait, Ms. Campbell is leaving Jem & The Holograms permanently?
Bleh, while the in-between issues were ok, but she was the main draw for me, so I'm probably dropping/

VanWinkle

I think I'm going to do a re-read of Multiversity before my GL by Johns omnibus vol. 2 comes in on Wednesday. I had a little trouble understanding it the first time (though I MOSTLY got it). I think it will do very well with a re-read.

I think I'm going to do a re-read of Multiversity before my GL by Johns omnibus vol. 2 comes in on Wednesday. I had a little trouble understanding it the first time (though I MOSTLY got it). I think it will do very well with a re-read.

If you mostly got a Morrison comic on the first read, you did pretty well. I thought it was easier to understand than a lot of his stuff.

I don't know, I've never really had much of an issue reading Morrison stuff. The only thing that really lost me was the ending to Nameless.

VanWinkle

If you mostly got a Morrison comic on the first read, you did pretty well. I thought it was easier to understand than a lot of his stuff.

Of his stuff, I've read about half of his JLA run, half of his Seven Soldiers of Victory run, his Batman run, and Multiversity. I thought this one was the hardest to understand, with all the concepts going on. But I do think that I will understand it better the second time.

Li Kao

Good Lord at the international shipping rates. What happened here during my absence ? O_O
43$ for a 40$ book, that's err...

Owzers

I read Morrison comics like i follow Trump's campaign, i don't always understand it but it's still entertaining. And sometimes with books like Nameless, it's just disgusting.

Of his stuff, I've read about half of his JLA run, half of his Seven Soldiers of Victory run, his Batman run, and Multiversity. I thought this one was the hardest to understand, with all the concepts going on. But I do think that I will understand it better the second time.

I would definitely say that Morrison is far easier to digest when he's writing within established franchises like Justice League or X-Men. When he's given complete freedom to do whatever he wants, things can get pretty abstract at times. I had no idea what the hell was going on half the time when I read Flex Mentallo.

Scarface
is the one in control, right?
That's the question that makes him interesting.
two of the best Batman: Animated Series episodes star the Ventriloquist. Hell, the debut episode is like top 3 with Over the Edge and Two-Face
107211-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-biceps-h-DXwa.gif

I liked the first few issues. Story didn't really keep me interested.
Same
Man I'm SO EXCITED to finally be getting the Green Lantern by Johns Omnibus Vol. 2 on Wednesday. I already have vol. 3 so I'm ready to go once I get it. Been waiting forever to buy it, because vol. 1 was soooo good.
Is that the start of the War of the Light? I have no idea how many omnibuses there are.

List for the week:
4 Kids Walk Into A Bank #2
Lobster Johnson Metal Monsters Of Midtown #2
Mockingbird #4
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #9
Princess Jellyfish Volume 2

Looks like it's almost all reprints for DC this week and DKIII, but who even is reading that.

Sandfox

List for the week:
4 Kids Walk Into A Bank #2
Lobster Johnson Metal Monsters Of Midtown #2
Mockingbird #4
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #9
Princess Jellyfish Volume 2

Looks like it's almost all reprints for DC this week and DKIII, but who even is reading that.

After how weird that last issue of Mockingbird was I'm curious to hear what people think of this one.

List

East of West #27
Jupiter's Legacy Vol.2 #1
Black Panther #3
Mockingbird #4

Slim pickings this week. Maybe I'll grab all of Venom Space Knight, then.

So I think I've catalogued all of my long reviews. Once I started doing longer, multi-paragraph ones. Those are the ones I've made sure to bookmark. Tracking the rest would be far too exhausting.
Pst BK. Hey BK.

E for Extinction?

I said I'LL GET TO IT WHEN I GET TO IT. how many X-Men SW tie-ins were there anyway? X-Men '92, E for Extinction, Age of Apocalypse, House of M... were there any others? Old Man Logan, I suppose. If we count that, then I only read two of the X-Men tie-ins. I feel like a shitty X-Men fan. I do hope they collect all of the SW stuff at some point. At least in bigger trades than the ones that are out. I'm not paying $15 for three issues.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I said I'LL GET TO IT WHEN I GET TO IT. how many X-Men SW tie-ins were there anyway? X-Men '92, E for Extinction, Age of Apocalypse, House of M... were there any others? Old Man Logan, I suppose. If we count that, then I only read two of the X-Men tie-ins. I feel like a shitty X-Men fan. I do hope they collect all of the SW stuff at some point. At least in bigger trades than the ones that are out. I'm not paying $15 for three issues.

Inferno

Top Bottom