• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

TheFlow

Banned
When does it end? Anyone have a link with the info? I can't seem to find anything on it on mobile. I'm at work.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/h/coupons-deals

ends on Monday

When does it end? Anyone have a link with the info? I can't seem to find anything on it on mobile. I'm at work.

Nope. Once Upon A Hard Time was the last story. He may do some one-shot or something here and there, but the series is done. Issue #1 of his new ongoing book, Hillbilly, comes out next week. There's an awesome free preview up on Comixology.

You should look on eBay for Howard the Duck, and soon. It got clearanced out and you can find a copy for $30 - $40 shipped. It had recently dropped to < $30 but is going up again.

Wrapped up recently.

FUcK YES!! I haven't bought any of the library editions because I thought it was still on going.

Jetman

Did anyone read Vote Loki, yet?

Digging it so far, and had a few laugh out loud moments reading through it.
Loki turns into a female for an interview as (s)he's trying to decide whether or not being a female candidate will poll better. The interviewer is worried that not only could he become the first super villain president, but ruin women's image in the process also
. Will be cool to see where they take this. Even though DC may have already gone this route with President Luthor, will be fun to see how the Marvel U, SHIELD, and the Avengers handle the possibility.

Some tongue in check comparisons to the Trump campaign will be good for a few laughs too. The next issues cover has references to Super Pacs (Political Action Cults) and "Make American Grapes Again" - lol

yea and usagi saga 7 comes out later this year, but I don't think we will get any next year because they are just about caught up with the trades.

otherwise sales for the trades will dip.

Usagi Saga 7 will end with book 28. Usagi Saga 8 will have Books 29 - 31. (v29 is out. v30 is this year in July. v31 I expect to come early next year, considering the single issues in it will be out by September.) So hopefully Saga 8 is sometime next year.

There are also two other Usagi books I am looking forward to. Usagi Yojimbo Gallery Edition v2 is coming out in October this year. Stan Sakai has also mentioned a HC collection of Yokai, Senso and Space Usagi in the same trade dress as the saga volumes! Called Usagi Yojimbo: Legends.

http://www.usagiyojimbo.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7567

Some tongue in check comparisons to the Trump campaign will be good for a few laughs too. The next issues cover has references to Super Pacs (Political Action Cults) and "Make American Grapes Again" - lol

I really can't wait to see how far Prez takes it when that book starts up again. Should be a very entertaining election season.

VanWinkle

Batman has an incredible rogues gallery. But man, I can't stand The Ventriloquist. Nobody could POSSIBLY take him seriously. Most I can see how they're kind of scary, buy my goodness.

Jetman

I really can't wait to see how far Prez takes it when that book starts up again. Should be a very entertaining election season.

Yes! Hoping that we get Loki debating the Marvel U's equivalency of Trump and Hillary in a future issue. And maybe a good long, war of words, not fists with Thor and Cap.

TheFlow

Banned

Usagi Saga 7 will end with book 28. Usagi Saga 8 will have Books 29 - 31. (v29 is out. v30 is this year in July. v31 I expect to come early next year, considering the single issues in it will be out by September.) So hopefully Saga 8 is sometime next year.

There are also two other Usagi books I am looking forward to. Usagi Yojimbo Gallery Edition v2 is coming out in October this year. Stan Sakai has also mentioned a HC collection of Yokai, Senso and Space Usagi in the same trade dress as the saga volumes! Called Usagi Yojimbo: Legends.

http://www.usagiyojimbo.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7567

OMG! YES yes yes, yoakai, senso, and usagi bound together will look so great on my shelf. Glad Sakai has confirmed this.

TheFlow

Banned
Is that the one that takes place in outer space and shit? I've been meaning to buy that one for some time.

it is one where aliens invade

stk649829.jpg

Batman has an incredible rogues gallery. But man, I can't stand The Ventriloquist. Nobody could POSSIBLY take him seriously. Most I can see how they're kind of scary, buy my goodness.
He has a couple Batman: The Animated Series episodes. The one where he attempts to reform is amazing. The thing that's threatening is you don't know whom is controlling who. It's this incredibly strange case of codependency. Or at least, it's why I find him interesting.

two of the best Batman: Animated Series episodes star the Ventriloquist. Hell, the debut episode is like top 3 with Over the Edge and Two-Face

Owzers

Did you guys hear the rumor that Roman Reigns was suspended for 30 days in order for Trump to vet him as a VP candidate?

Make America Strong Again.

I just learned of the existence of Tales of the Batman: Alan Brennert. In my book, he's right up there with Frank Miller and Grant Morrison for my favorite Batman writer. Several of my all-time favorite Batman issues/stories are in this collection, including "Interlude on Earth-Two", "To Kill a Legend" "Holy Terror" and "The Autobiography of Bruce Wayne". Can't recommend it enough as long as you're not averse to old school comics.

VanWinkle

I just learned of the existence of Tales of the Batman: Alan Brennert. In my book, he's right up there with Frank Miller and Grant Morrison for my favorite Batman writer. Several of my all-time favorite Batman issues/stories are in this collection, including "Interlude on Earth-Two", "To Kill a Legend" "Holy Terror" and "The Autobiography of Bruce Wayne". Can't recommend it enough as long as you're not averse to old school comics.

Interesting. Considering I've only been reading comics for a little over a year, I've read tons of Batmam stuff, but I haven't even heard of him. I will check that out.

Owzers

I had the worst day of Overwatching so far, i want to burn it to the ground.

I should burn a comic in its place to show the rest of my entertainment what happens when they betray me.

I had the worst day of Overwatching so far, i want to burn it to the ground.

I should burn a comic in its place to show the rest of my entertainment what happens when they betray me.

Time to stop playing for a bit, man. You're one step away from that guy in the Overwatch thread who was yelling at his girlfriend for not getting back on the point.

Top Bottom