• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
So I picked up the Clone Wars Sage books on sale, and I'm through the first one and it isn't so bad. Sal Buscema draws a hell of a Spidey, and I love Scarlet Spider's design.

As I'm getting into book 2, I can tell the fuckery is coming, but I'm really looking forward to it.

Also I finished Thor: God of Thunder over the weekend. That book is metal as hell. I was hoping to see some of the Thor loosing his worthiness stuff there, but liked the stuff with King Thor all the same.

TheFlow

Banned
Thanks freeze for the update. 50 buck/ for Ramona has me worried since it is 12 inches.

if that goon statue is still available by September it is mine.

There is no way I am beating that post count. Too high

Thanks freeze for the update. 50 buck/ for Ramona has me worried since it is 12 inches.

Ramona is actually about 9". And she has a bit of articulation in places. She's still a decent size. I'll see how I feel when she goes up tomorrow. The lumpy paint on those pics that were tweeted makes me a bit nervous in the quality department.

As for the Goon statue, just keep an eye on the TFAW page. I have a feeling it'll get clearanced out before September.

TheFlow

Banned
Ramona is actually about 9". And she has a bit of articulation in places. She's still a decent size. I'll see how I feel when she goes up tomorrow. The lumpy paint on those pics that were tweeted makes me a bit nervous in the quality department.

As for the Goon statue, just keep an eye on the TFAW page. I have a feeling it'll get clearanced out before September.
Oh damn will do. Thanks a ton

Messi is a traitor. He defected to FunkoGAF this afternoon. Now instead of wasting money on comics, he'll be wasting money on ugly chunks of plastic.

Okay, finished the third Goon library edition. God DAMN. I don't know how long I can wait to read the rest. Maybe just until my next IST order. Anyway, time for Hellboy. Gotta work through dat backlog.

Vic_Viper

Okay, finished the third Goon library edition. God DAMN. I don't know how long I can wait to read the rest. Maybe just until my next IST order. Anyway, time for Hellboy. Gotta work through dat backlog.

I've never ready any of the Goon before, how is it? I keep hearing a lot about it lately and for only 21$ for the library editions ain't bad. Is there only 2 so far?

What other Library Editions are worth getting? I already own both Fear Agent volumes and the first Hellboy (plan on buying more down the road). Not sure if the Massive is for me.

PsychBat!

Banned
Lol might as well start reading squirrel girl am I rite!?

Shrek-GIF.gif

I've never ready any of the Goon before, how is it? I keep hearing a lot about it lately and for only 21$ for the library editions ain't bad. Is there only 2 so far?

What other Library Editions are worth getting? I already own both Fear Agent volumes and the first Hellboy (plan on buying more down the road). Not sure if the Massive is for me.

Goon is fantastic. It's like a street-level thug book with minor horror overtones, but sometimes you get a horror story, sometimes you get a sci-fi story. Really fun series, and the art gets pretty spectacular.

The Massive is not quite for anyone. Unless a comic about a bunch of Post-ecological-apocalypse hippies sounds fun to you. It's literally about a group of ecologically-conscious people hunting around for their missing boat.

Kabuki Library Editions by David Mack are definitely worth picking up. The first two are out, and there are two more coming. oh! Also worth checking out the Usagi Yojimbo Saga collected editions. They're big 600 page books for $25 each (in TPB format. Hardcovers are more expensive). The first six are out, Vol.7 drops in September.

TheFlow

Banned
Need to finish collecting the rest of usagi and uncanny x men then I am going straight for the rest of the dark horse library books.

Wish colossal Conan would get reprinted but the tpb are coming out so doubt it

VanWinkle

The Goon is amazing. There are three library editions out right now. A fourth is solicited for October and there will probably be five total.

I have not been around much the past few days. Did I miss anything exciting?

I caught up on Uncanny Avengers and I have a question about Rogue: it seems like she
regained her Ms. Marvel powers somehow.
Can anybody explain to me what was going on there? I thought she
lost those powers for good.

I have not been around much the past few days. Did I miss anything exciting?

I caught up on Uncanny Avengers and I have a question about Rogue: it seems like she
regained her Ms. Marvel powers somehow.
Can anybody explain to me what was going on there? I thought she
lost those powers for good.

Doesn't she have Wonder Man's powers now?

Late list:

Hillbilly

4 Kids Walk Into a Bank 2

Cryptocracy 1

--woah DC is publishing barely anything this week? Weird--

TMNT B&RDE 5

East of West 27 (yessssss)

All-New All-Different Avengers 11
Black Panther 3
Captain America: Agent of Hydra 2
Captain Marvel 6
Darth Vader 22
Extraordinary X-Men 11
Mockingbird 4 <==buy this book
Spider-Man 5
Spider-Man & Deadpool 6
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl 9
Uncanny Inhumans 11
Uncanny X-Men 9
Venom: Space Knight 9

Doesn't she have Wonder Man's powers now?

Ohhhhh. That makes sense. Thanks.

tim1138

It's about time the second issue of 4 Kids comes out. Black Mask has some great books but they blow at releasing anything with any kind of regular schedule. We should be three issues into both 4 Kids and Young Terrorists by now, and lord only knows when/if YT will ever release its second issue. All that said I'll still check out Jade Street Protection Services this week
and get mad when it rocks and the second issue is nowhere to be seen

Owzers

While you guys spend your time reading comics, i got my star rank in Overwatch and now everyone knows i'm good until they get on my team and see me play.

Also, i'm going to read more Doctor Strange right NOW to call attention to the word NOW before the All New Now Marvel Now books are announced.

TheFlow

Banned
While you guys spend your time reading comics, i got my star rank in Overwatch and now everyone knows i'm good until they get on my team and see me play.

Also, i'm going to read more Doctor Strange right NOW to call attention to the word NOW before the All New Now Marvel Now books are announced.
How did you get a star

52 #9 - #16: Holy shit,
Clark Kent jumping out of the window was so awesome!
Loving Clark and Lois' interactions too. And also Renee and Charlie's old married couple quips. Only downer is the Black Adam story line.
Meeting that egyptian woman, her becoming ISIS (!), falling in love, Adam proposing and marriage all happened in 8 weeks or so?! Felt very forced.
Of course, at the end of Issue 16, Rucka tells us who is writing that arc...

Also, I see where Rucka's previous comments of the ubiquitous cleavage was coming from. It almost feels like editorial had a mandate of the amount of cleavage to be depicted per issue and that every second issue needs a scene of a female character changing clothes.

Edit: Oh, someone at DC must have really hated Ralph and Sue Dibny. That shit was just plain cruel.

Owzers

How did you get a star

Get to rank 101 and it becomes a star and rank 1. You also get back on the quick loot box exp requirement train.

And to Freeza's question, let's say not too much time because i'm really good and they give me more exp?

Cena/Rollins match on Raw was better than Doctor Strange #7 that i read during it.

TheFlow

Banned
Get to rank 101 and it becomes a star and rank 1. You also get back on the quick loot box exp requirement train.

And to Freeza's question, let's say not too much time because i'm really good and they give me more exp?

Cena/Rollins match on Raw was better than Doctor Strange #7 that i read during it.
Cool kinda like a COd prestige.

Top Bottom