• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Up to Week 9 of 52 now and the Steel and Booster Gold threads gave gotten really good. Love the conflict between Steel and his neice, along with Luther's smug face (which I hope gets punched somewhere down the line). Montoya and Black Adam's arc has moved into the background but that's ok (I wonder where Shazam is through all of this). The writers area letting each decision linger and that is nice.
And Devilance meets Animal Man!
It's fun to try to guess which author contributed what part.

Also, am I missing something here? First we get Steel being introduced to Dr. Mid-Nite as if they have met for the first time.

And exactly one page later, they act as if they have been talking for a while?

Rucka continues to take pot shots at the artists and editorial.

This is from the old trades (13 issues per trade). There's two pages at the end of each issues. First page is commentary. Second page alternates between script excerpts, rough layouts and character portrait sketches.

Ugh I thought this new volume would have everything!!!

Do I need to add Hillbilly to my pulls this week? Hmmmm. Kind of a light week anyway....

Edit: has this guy ever written anything before? I'm always hesitant when the artist is writing the book. Tends to turn out not so good

Do I need to add Hillbilly to my pulls this week? Hmmmm. Kind of a light week anyway....

Edit: has this guy ever written anything before? I'm always hesitant when the artist is writing the book. Tends to turn out not so good

Whoa whoa whoa.... Has ERIC POWELL EVER WRITTEN ANYTHING BEFORE?
You mean like The Goon?

Owzers

Too much Overwatch is bad for your brain, i saw the page from Gwenpool that i liked and thought it would make a nice ipad background, then i remembered i was looking at my ipad background.

Justice-League-Action-3e160.jpg

I'm so excited for this.

Owzers

Amazing Spider-Man #3 is getting the book grouped with Extraordinary X-Men and New Avengers as boring cape books, the Johnny Storm fight and Zodiac Gang make for a very weak story, as bad as Raw tonight.

JTripper

I got my email for NY Comic Con tickets being up for sale soon. Here's hoping I can get a ticket.

I wonder how simple/difficult it'll be to get tickets this Wednesday since each ticket has to be tied to a registered fan account apparently. Got my eyes on a 3-Day pass as usual.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
What are some other good sites for comics besides Instocktrades? Looking for a good deal on Metabarons since on IST it's only 25% off.

Is someone in that cab?
Yes. But I have no idea who it is since I'm not familiar with any superheroes that have flying cabs.

I'm still stoked that Dr. Fate and Big Barda is in this, but I really hope Hawkgirl, Black Canary and Vixen appear as well. :/

---

I love it when the hardcover versions of comics are cheaper than the tpbs. I don't know why Avengers: Time Runs Out V1 & V4 are so much cheaper than V2 and V3 tho.

Has there been good animated comic series these last few years ? Any recommandations ?
Your pic kinda interests me.
If we're talking past three years?

The current TMNT was pretty solid, but I only watched the first season and a half. I don't know how it's gone now

Has there been good animated comic series these last few years ? Any recommendations ?
Your pic kinda interests me.
After Young Justice and Wolverine and the X-Men? I got nothin.

Like BK said the new TMNT show's pretty good. At least it was when I dropped it (just got distracted but other stuff and haven't bothered going back to it yet).

Wait I also really enjoyed the animated Vixen series on the CW Seed even though there were only 6 episodes that ran for like 5 minutes each <.<. It's getting a second season too. Its a nice 30 minute origin story if you're unfamiliar with the character, and has cameos from Arrow and the Flash since the show occurs in the same universe.

tumblr_nrclyjSkdo1s51aexo9_r1_250.gif

Link: http://www.cwseed.com/shows/vixen/vixen-season-1/?play=24dac429-d147-4492-bbe9-818188019537

Duress

I wonder how simple/difficult it'll be to get tickets this Wednesday since each ticket has to be tied to a registered fan account apparently. Got my eyes on a 3-Day pass as usual.

I think the fan register account is the same info you registered for last year. The only thing I can think of that filters more people is the registration expiration.

TheFlow

Banned
All New Wolverine #2-3

good shit. Loved the
taskmaster reveal, and how doctor strange is showing up in everyone's book

she makes a good wolverine

Top Bottom