• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Zombine

Banned
Sandman Mystery Theatre is the best fuckin book I've read since the last best fuckin book I started reading, Stray Bullets.

This story is super compelling.

I actually thought the whole thing with Ganke in the latest issue of Spider-Man was pretty funny, Miles' reactions were hilarious. I mean what he did is fundamentally stupid as hell but it was enjoyable to read.

Flash season 2. Earth 2 is a mistake. Trashiest episodes since the previous crossover trashy episodes that came right before this.

I...might not like this season. :(

Zombine

Banned
So good isn't it. I love the slow burn of the Wesley Dian relationship too.

The artwork in this book is stunning:

Sandman-Mystery-Theatre-Vol-1-The-Tarantula-The-Gas.jpg

Those last two panels where they "refocus" from the gun to his eye. Crazy attention to detail.

Fuck... Don't feel good about being charged for something that doesn't release till early 2017

Man, you would not survive in the waifu figure game. Shit gets delayed constantly. I don't mind paying in advance because it's one less thing to calculate for later on. It's almost like buying a gift for future you.

Vibranium

Banned
I'm beginning the THREE HOUR LONG Batman vs. Superman movie right now.

Mistakes were made.

I don't think I can stomach watching Batman killing people for another three hours. Seriously, why do so many movie directors want to make him kill? Comas and destroying faces is enough already.

So the Steve Rogers series twist is just a gimmick like everyone said. I'm probably going to stay off that book. Although the real Red Skull being back is nice.

Ugh I thought this new volume would have everything!!!

That is a disappointment. The notes are quite brilliant and add a lot. I wonder if the omnibus has the notes.

On that note, I've just come across the Croatoans team. And the Shadowpact showed up too. (I need to read the Shadowpact series! Is there a Croatoans run as well?) Also,
the butler did it!!! Skeets turning out to be evil was an amazing twist. Should have seen that coming with the obvious "it's all his fault" misdirect from the first trade. Also, Lobo with a floating telepathic Dolphin. That's got to be Morrison. Easy spot even if Waid hadn't confirmed it in the notes.

Thanks bro. That ones a little bit outdated. Here it is just now:

[IG]http://i.imgur.com/8IJyeAo.jpg[/IMG]

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting to get that.

That looks awesome! I need to do something about my shelving solution. Most of my books seem to be strewn everywhere...

I'm beginning the THREE HOUR LONG Batman vs. Superman movie right now.

Mistakes were made.

My condolences.

TheFlow

Banned
I'll be surprised if you don't have them a month from now.

I actually don't plan to buy any physical comics for July, and only a few digital. I am going on vacation to miami, and comic con to see most of Marvel's netflix cast

vanwrinkle, where did you get those runaway volumes. I can only find the smaller ones.

TheFlow

Banned
Bought the first one on Amazon 8 or 9 months ago for $15, and somebody gave me the second volume. I still need the third at some point.

is is possible for you to link which one you bought on amazon. Or is is the complete collection book.

I always wanted to have runaways on my shelf.

One hour in, not great, not terrible like I was warned. A heck of a slow build up, though. I mean...one hour and not much had happened.

Off to pick up my son. More BvS talk later.

Top Bottom