• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

I always thought he was GI Joe.

In the 80s, the G.I. Joe cartoon, comic and toy line were known as Action Force in the UK. There were original toys until 1987, then they started importing the 80s Joe line and sticking new logos on it:

5601_l.jpg

Whenever someone said "YO JOE!" in the cartoon there would be a badly dubbed "FULL FORCE!" in a British accent over it.

JLA #34, #36-#41: Great arc to wrap up the series. The actual resolution was just a couple of panels but that wasn't what this arc was about. We get some great character moments. Orion's voice was exactly as how Kirby created him (though the art here wasn't able to depict that suppressed rage and power that Kirby did so well). Loved the Buddy cameo too.

HUntress about to kill Stephen Hawking Prometheus and batman firing her seemed a bit random.

Some small nitpicks aside (WW characterization and random changes between issues), this was a very memorable run. Will definitely read again sometime.

Still have the Quitely Earth 2 stuff to read, will get to that tonight.

Vyer

Didn't hear about the Transformers stuff. That will be unfortunate if it throws off the great thing they have going.

Messi

Lol you going to be the resident marvel spokesperson

I'd have to talk about Marvel books for that to happen. I just feel passive now. I like talking here but not sure how I feel about superhero comics at the moment. I do like Image and co books. Those feel nice to me.

TheFlow

Banned
I'd have to talk about Marvel books for that to happen. I just feel passive now. I like talking here but not sure how I feel about superhero comics at the moment. I do like Image and co books. Those feel nice to me.
Did you read paper girls yet.

Edited: what others said not even green arrow? So good gif

Litan

I'm sort of in a similar place. Got into comics a couple year back and it was pretty much just superhero books.

Now, it's been a good few months since I read anything to do with supers. Lost interest and now I just read Image and other non-cape comics.

Yet at the same time, I am deep into the MCU movies. Fucking love that shit.

Sandfox

The Batman praises make sense when you consider how crazy some people are for the character.

woah Green Arrow Rebirth being the best book of the set blindsided me.

"For five years I was stranded on an island with only one goal: survive. Now I will fulfill my father's dying wish"

This is surprisingly applicable.

Messi

Yikes. What happened?

Not even green Arrow?

Maybe hated is the wrong word. I felt nothing after them. I can see why people would like them. Some of the art was great, some wasn't same goes for the writing. I may just be burnt out on superhero stuff. I have read a lot of hero stuff recently and it all feels like it is for nothing and all just building to some event that leads to another event.

I hated that I felt nothing.

Did you read paper girls yet.

Not yet. Got to read through my potentially bad books to ====> good books in series I know I like so I end on a high.

Batman was safe but solid. It's co-written by Snyder and a lot of things introduced in Snyders run were in this issue. The only thing to worry about is if King plays it safe. He can't be intimidated that he is on DCs best selling comic. It's easy to take chances on The Omega Men, Vision, and Grayson. Batman is something way bigger. He just has to make it his.

MG310

Forgot to put CIvil War II in my shipping list. Oops.

Need to restrain myself with my Overwatch coins. Want to save up 1000 for Winter Zarya.

Messi

Does anyone know if Silk will be getting a hardcover in the future?

highly unlikely. Spider-Gwen will get one if anything but Silk ain't anywhere near hardcover territory. The Spider-Women crossover event is only being collected in paperback as an example.

mreddie

Civil War II |OT| Change The Future. Protect The Future.
Civil War II |OT| Make Carol Look Strong
Civil War II |OT| Pick a Side

Any other OT titles?

TheFlow

Banned
Batman was safe but solid. It's co-written by Snyder and a lot of things introduced in Snyders run were in this issue. The only thing to worry about is if King plays it safe. He can't be intimidated that he is on DCs best selling comic. It's easy to take chances on The Omega Men, Vision, and Grayson. Batman is something way bigger. He just has to make it his.
Well fucking said. Safe is the best word for batman rebirth. Calendar man was the most creative thing and that left some of the people in the rebirth thread unhappy lol

squadr0n

Just finished Lazarus vol. 1 and oh man is it good. Highly recommend it! Also got Mark Millar's Wolverine Omnibus and cant wait to start it.

How is Civil War II #1? 6$ for 40 pages? That seems kinda high doesnt it? sucks to hear about Rebirth so far, was kinda hoping it would turn out to be DCs big come back finally. The bi-monthly release really worries me though. That seems way to fast to be able to tell the same quality stories that were used to.

Pretty much this. Comic gaf is the only place I have seen meh reactions which is crazy.

Even if Tom king didn't stretch his wings no pun intended it was still a solid #1. At least a 3/5 no matter what

So 3/5 is fucking amazing on your scale? Good to know.

Reviewer consensus in comics is a mess. Everything feels like an 8/10 or higher advertisement. I'm struggling to think of one amazing thing in the book. I guess the art. The "story" certainly wasn't. Random ass panels with zero flow. I'm going King does better with #1 sans Snyder. Who knows? I certainly didn't think I'd be considering dropping it after one issue.

I thought Green Arrow was amazing. Nothing else came close to living up to the hype.

Just finished Lazarus vol. 1 and oh man is it good. Highly recommend it! Also got Mark Millar's Wolverine Omnibus and cant wait to start it.

How is Civil War II #1? 6$ for 40 pages? That seems kinda high doesnt it? sucks to hear about Rebirth so far, was kinda hoping it would turn out to be DCs big come back finally. The bi-monthly release really worries me though. That seems way to fast to be able to tell the same quality stories that were used to.

Welcome to the Lazarus club. One of Image's best books.

Some of my favorite Marvel books ship twice a month at $4 so I don't think DC's schedule is a huge deal. They are doing it with a LOT of their books though so we'll see.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Oh btw, thanks to whomever gave me that Hellboy reading list

Been reading it before bed, thoroughly enjoying it, finished Conqueror Worm the other day.

Sandfox

http://www.newsarama.com/29541-ok-now-marvel-teases-there-is-more-to-the-new-marvel-now.html

Last week, Marvel announced a new iteration of Marvel NOW!, a rebranding and relaunch of titles spinning out of Civil War II. Now, Marvel says not all is what it seems with the new Marvel NOW!.

Marvel has released a new teaser for the relaunch, with the logline "You thought you knew the whole story...", along with a shattering logo, implying that there is a twist to the relaunch yet to be revealed.

Marvel Executive Editor Tom Brevoort gave Newsarama some insight into the new Marvel NOW!, saying it would not be a full-scale relaunch, though he could not provide specifics.

Owzers

the merge....is complete.

Vic_Viper

Welcome to the Lazarus club. One of Image's best books.

It's still on going right? Do we know how long the book is planned to run, as in is there a set ending in sight?

About to start East of West soon myself. I can't believe I've missed out of some of the best books to come out recently that aren't from either of the big 2. Reading Hickman's Fantastic Four run currently though and fucking loving it. Wish I knew to read it before I started his Avengers stuff which I was picking up monthly at the time of his run.

TheFlow

Banned
So 3/5 is fucking amazing on your scale? Good to know.

Reviewer consensus in comics is a mess. Everything feels like an 8/10 or higher advertisement. I'm struggling to think of one amazing thing in the book. I guess the art. The "story" certainly wasn't. Random ass panels with zero flow. I'm going King does better with #1 sans Snyder. Who knows? I certainly didn't think I'd be considering dropping it after one issue.

I thought Green Arrow was amazing. Nothing else came close to living up to the hype.
Lol don't be a clown now :p. I posted my impressions Along with scores a couple pages back.
Batman rebirth isn't where the story arc begins for Tom Kings batman.

Top Bottom