• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I read some of New Avengers 2016 on MU, and I can't get past the art. I'll keep going because it's more or less free, but I'm actively avoiding looking at the pictures as much as I can.

I also started post-Land Spider-Woman and it's as good as everyone's said. I feel like the character had no personality before, but I love what they are doing with her.

Man, Detective really was great. What a great team. Only nitpicky thing I didn't like was Cass' new codename.

Vader was also great. I am going to miss this series. How many more issues?

Man Red Lanterns is the best
green-lantern-028-v5-28-page-38.jpg

Yeah, it does remind me of the Ronin costume. I am with TR though, I miss the ears and Black Bat is the better codename. But it's still Cass in a flagship Batman team so I'll take it.

Why does Zillius Zox look different in every panel, and not actually be drawn correctly in any of them to boot?
That's actually a plot point. Skallox, Guy, and Zox went to Earth. Guy went to go patch things up with Ice and gave Skallox and Zox coordinates to all the major landmarks on Earth. They were chilling over Paris when Shadow Thief (who apparently hates non-Earthlings) attacked them. She squeezed (shadow tentacles) Zox so hard he lost his shape. He gets it back a page or two after the one I posted when he gets hit by Kara Zor-El.
Is that GL Rebirth?

Nope. Soule's Red Lanterns

tim1138

That's actually a plot point. Skallox, Guy, and Zox went to Earth. Guy went to go patch things up with Ice and gave Skallox and Zox coordinates to all the major landmarks on Earth. They were chilling over Paris when Shadow Thief (who apparently hates non-Earthlings) attacked them. She squeezed (shadow tentacles) Zox so hard he lost his shape. He gets it back a page or two after the one I posted when he gets hit by Kara Zor-El.

Seriously? That's hilarious.

TheFlow

Banned
Hellboy volume 6: strange places

Great volume for many reasons!
1. The origin of the hellboy's Giant ass hand, why it is needed, and who it belonged to. The origin of how a lot of the supernatural came to exist on earth.

2. Time skip, 2 years went by

3. Setup for plague of frogs and hellboy's fate. He is being led to England.

5/5.

Half way done

I have begun my ultimate comic book katabasis with Invincible #1. I have the first 100 issues from a sale a couple of years ago on Comixology.

Here we go.

Ross61

Hope that when Soule Marvel exclusive contract is up he decides to do some more DC work. Both his Red Lantern and Swamp Things runs were superb.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Once you guys finish Hellboy, you gotta get BPRD: Plague of Frogs, BPRD: Hell on Earth, BPRD: 1946/47/48/Vampire, Hellboy and the BPRD: 1952/53, Sledgehammer 44, WItchfinder and Abe Sapien.

I actually don't have Sledgehammer 44 and Witchfinder but I will one day.

TheFlow

Banned
Once you guys finish Hellboy, you gotta get BPRD: Plague of Frogs, BPRD: Hell on Earth, BPRD: 1946/47/48/Vampire, Hellboy and the BPRD: 1952/53, Sledgehammer 44, WItchfinder and Abe Sapien.

After hellboy I am buying the whole plague of frog collections and then 1946-48.

Hell on earth I am waiting for the hc same with abe.

tim1138

Hellboy Bros should also buy the Hellboy Masks and Monsters tpb. It has the excellent Starman/Hellboy/Batman crossover that was written by Robinson and drawn by Mignola, and the Ghost/Hellboy crossover by Mignola and Scott Benefiel. The Starman story is the highlight, it's outstanding.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I wanna get

gQIYDrf.jpg

But it's 58-ish pages and costs the same as a 150 page TP.

Oh yeah, I also don't have Lobster Johnson, I wanna get that one day.

Owzers

I'm only 10 issues in, but this is in the running for my favorite cape book ever. There are so many amazing, subtle touches. Lots of pop culture references, sure, but then you get brilliant stuff like this:

Our Comics-gaf Overwatch team will also be an Invincible team.

TheFlow

Banned
Green Arrow #1 is looking amazing

pass on crossovers

Top Bottom