• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Messi

Have you read it yet?

Yup.

I finished Detective and really enjoyed it... But seeing Batwoman reminded me of something. Is she a
vampire?
I stopped reading her ongoing before it ended but I forget how/if it was resolved. Or was that just a what if scenario for Future's End? My memory is so hazy sometimes...

Nope. DC are gonna act like that never happened. For good reason. Even though I enjoyed it. It was the wrong direction to go with her.

Man, you guys. I forgot I took this picture. I went outside to go to work this morning at like 6:45am, and the lighting was absolutely beautiful. Light fog in the distant trees under a rising sun, airy clouds slowly passing through. What a sight. It almost made waking up for work at 6am not utterly miserable.

EbnwtW0.jpg

clear eyes
full hearts
can't lose

Zombine

Banned
Man, you guys. I forgot I took this picture. I went outside to go to work this morning at like 6:45am, and the lighting was absolutely beautiful. Light fog in the distant trees under a rising sun, airy clouds slowly passing through. What a sight. It almost made waking up for work at 6am not utterly miserable.

EbnwtW0.jpg

Where are all of the buildings? Where are the creepy costumed people?

Vic_Viper

Graveyard shift represent. 7p to 7a. Feels great! Not really, so little social life with this nonsense.

That's the worst part of it. I used to work night shift at a hotel working the front desk. Best part was being able to bring my laptop in and using their super fast internet lol.

Zeroth

I was confused on how Deadpool: Mercs for Money #5 would tie with Civil War 2 given the plot was nowhere close to tie to it, then I realized
it set up Deadpool's position about future precognitions plus the android may play a part somewhere

Rebirth rankings!

WW>Action Comics>Detective Comics>Aquaman>Flash

Flash felt too much like rehash, AM was just ok and mostly catch up.

I love the premise of DC but thought the set up at the end was kind of meh.

Action Comics and WW both I really loved.With WW I loved the working of the shifting origin mixing in with the overall DC theme and it's a great jumping on issue without feeling too much like a catch up.

Foofaraw

That's the worst part of it. I used to work night shift at a hotel working the front desk. Best part was being able to bring my laptop in and using their super fast internet lol.

Ooof, I'm still busy all night, rarely get time to even look at this thread at work on a break. I'm just happy that less folks are around on nights.

I know you've probably already answered, but what of the current Rebirth sale is worth getting on CMX. I'm going to the digital dark side, guys. It is scary.

Hagi

Yoo Warcraft was fucking awesome what the hell this was a surprise. Orcs are amazing I want to play the mmo or paint some warhammer. Is there any good fantasy books people would recommend? Birthright is cool but need something squarely set in a different world.

Foofaraw

Yoo Warcraft was fucking awesome what the hell this was a surprise. Orcs are amazing I want to play the mmo or paint some warhammer. Is there any good fantasy books people would recommend? Birthright is cool but need something squarely set in a different world.

Orc Stain

I also really liked the Pathfinder book by Jim Zub

ElNarez

Banned
that destiny trailer that leaked got me all

hnnnng

I thought I was fine, sitting pretty at 325, but man

I gotta go back

move over overtrash, comic-gaf is for guardians now

Foofaraw

Stokoe joint? That is getting bought when I get home. I'll look into Pathfinder as well thanks.

Stokoe indeed. Someone posted a page of his from either Godzilla in Hell or one of his Secret Wars tie in issues, and I was immediately reminded of Orc Stain. I haven't seen an image from that book since 2010, and they were so incredible that they stuck with me. Need more of his art in my life. Such dense work.

I've yet tor ead my Orc Stain books
There are only seven, and they trade in
dicks
. Do yourself a favor and read it.

These are great suggestions.

Did Orc Stain ever end? I remember like a year delay and lost track :/
Been delayed since 2012. It'll probably have new issues at the same time I get a conclusion to Fell.

I've added up the first 3 HC volumes of the Turtles IDW comics in the sale and it comes to £40.84. The RRP of them is £38 but the first one that came out 2 years ago has only dropped to around £24 so there is a massive saving to getting the digital version.

Plus I've just seen that the 2014 annual was re-released in a deluxe version on 8th June and they have added colour. Same price as the regnal version of it as well.

I read the first issue and thought it was okay so I'll get the first volume and if I like it I'll pick up the rest.

TheFlow

Banned
Hellboy volume 5: conqueror worm

Great end to what I like to call the nazi trilogy. A lot of things were resolved, we got lobster Johnson, and hellboy left the brpd.

5/5

I like the new Daredevil run so much.

It feels like Daredevil.

And Ron Garney has reached peak Garney, he's near Epting status. Soule is doing a great job on the characterisation - so many writers get lazy, and have Murdock's powers take away any kind of problem his blindness might present. Feeling the warmth of letters on computer screens or other nonsense. Soule makes him work for it, and the character s richer for it.

I also dig the new costume, it looks dynamic but feels classic.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Just saw More_Badass in that Stranger Things thread mentioning Paper Girls so I'm just going to pop up again to say that it really is just the best. Chiang is killing it on art, and it's got that patented Brian K. Vaughn weirdness. I bloody love it. Pretty pumped to see how the story develops.

Vyer

Fucking three air bubbles that won't fuck off underneath my iPad screen protector

LLShC.gif

even minor scratches annoy me on that screen, so I got can understand the desire to put one on it.

but in practice trying to do it on that big ass screen without dealing with air bubbles and trapped spots can drive someone like me insane, so fuck it

Owzers

i put up a set of Walking Dead, The Ultimates, and Patsy Walker comics on ebay. Absolutely no one is interested in Patsy Walker so far, no one even clicked on it by accident.

Finished reading the Rebirth stuff.

Flash was okay. Felt too much of a retread of DC Rebirth. I like where it's going though.

I wanted to like Aquaman. It felt like it was written for someone who doesn't care much about the character but I just couldn't bring myself to enjoy it. It was still decent and I'll give it a couple of issues but it's likely I'll probably end up dropping it.

I enjoyed Detective Comics. It felt a bit rushed but it seems like a great book to pick up.

Wonder Woman... was a mess. I kind of had an idea of what was going on... but not really. Didn't enjoy reading it at all.

Action Comics was my favorite. I really like where it seems to be going. Though I could've done without
young Clark showing up. The older Clark with his son and Lois seemed so interesting, and I hope they headline the comic.

Boogiepop

Finished Xenoblade X finally, so that means maybe I can start reallocating the little free time I have a bit.

Also, jesus Archie comics. I'm not letting it get to me too much since I did essentially say "f$^@ it" and grabbed like everything back in that Valentine's sale that they forgot to exclude such things, but... the latest trade of Mega Man, which had gotten delayed since at least February 2015 alongside the whole Sonic/Mega Man line, seems to have disappeared off of Amazon. So that's presumably dead, which sucks since I at least wanted to own all of Mega Man physically (since it's on "hiatus" which I'm assuming code for dead). That makes two trade lines at least (the other being Sonic Saga) that have died in the course of these infinite delays.

Man, I would be so, so much happier with things if IDW or someone could just find a way to swallow up Archie so these things could be handled in at least a somewhat competent manner (though of course that's never going to happen, probably)...

PsychBat!

Banned
Somebody once told me that I could make some money by bullying other people online.

So I grew a gnome goatee and I put on a stupid beanie and started making up some dank lies.

Hagi

I read volume 1 of Low earlier and damn it's a downer. This isn't really what I pictured the book to be when I read the opening passage he wrote about being less of a pessimist. I get what he's going for though and I'm along for the ride because this was a great introduction. That art as well holy shit. There's some weird perspective things going on sometimes where characters heads get squished to give the allusion of depth but dear god so beautiful.

I read volume 1 of Low earlier and damn it's a downer. This isn't really what I pictured the book to be when I read the opening passage he wrote about being less of a pessimist. I get what he's going for though and I'm along for the ride because this was a great introduction. That art as well holy shit. There's some weird perspective things going on sometimes where characters heads get squished to give the allusion of depth but dear god so beautiful.

It's actually his most optimistic book. It is definitely a downer but optimism is one of its central themes, and that becomes clearer as the book progresses. I hope you continue to enjoy it!

TheFlow

Banned
Out of his books it is the best. It is going to be a downer for the next volume as well.

I think black science is the most optimistic of the books he has at image.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Amazing Spider-Man civil war tie in was quite decent imo. Hope the rest of the tie ins are like this.

Top Bottom