• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
when it is not canon it doesn't hold my interest

nzbOCbM.gif

Ross61

Yeah, Action Comics definitely is great. Had my doubts about Jurgens, but those have been put to rest. Now to get onto the others.

Hagi

I wish Marvel's non-canonical game was half as good as DC's. Many of their best all-time stories are non-canonical.

Yeah I can't I've really read a What If? I've ever enjoyed. The Deadpool stuff is okay at times but nothing ever reaches Red Son, All-Star Superman, Gotham by Gaslight and etc, etc. I need to try those Earth One books.

Next week is light on interesting trades again (Except for SMT, which I already have). Good for my wallet, have to save up for some Lego.

So how many earth based GLs are around right now? Hal, Guy, Kyle, Simon, John and Jessica? Are all active?

Ross61

Next week is light on interesting trades again (Except for SMT, which I already have). Good for my wallet, have to save up for some Lego.

So how many earth based GLs are around right now? Hal, Guy, Kyle, Simon, John and Jessica? Are all active?

I don't know if Kyle can be considered a Green Lantern atm. But other than that yeah.

TheFlow

Banned
I think whathisname got his trip cut short and BK is in putting in work on red lanterns

Comic book goals 6/5-6/12
TheFlow- hellboy vol 2-12
Brianfellows- finish superior foes
Sandfox- catch up on Sex Criminals or finish reading Fraction's Hawkeye.
Echoshifting- I will have ten or less books to finish in Comixology by next Sunday.
Bkatastrophe- Green Lantern: Blackest Night, my floppies, Red Lanterns Vol. 5, and Buffy S8 Vol. 4.
Vanwrinkle- East of west year one ohc
whatsinaname- survive business trip
Messi-overwatch
TheFlow - troll every comicsgaf poster individually (echo, tragic, messi unlocked)
Launchpadmcq- overwatch
zombine- overwatch(I don't think this is his actual goal)
lashley- 3-5 hellboy books
Hagi-deadly class volume 1-3, east of west year 1, and gundam origin whole series.
sillymonkey321-overwatch

I think whathisname got his trip cut short and BK is in putting in work on red lanterns

Comic book goals 6/5-6/12
TheFlow- hellboy vol 2-12
Brianfellows- finish superior foes
Sandfox- catch up on Sex Criminals or finish reading Fraction's Hawkeye.
Echoshifting- I will have ten or less books to finish in Comixology by next Sunday.
Bkatastrophe- Green Lantern: Blackest Night, my floppies, Red Lanterns Vol. 5, and Buffy S8 Vol. 4.
Vanwrinkle- East of west year one ohc
whatsinaname- survive business trip
Messi-overwatch
TheFlow - troll every comicsgaf poster individually (echo, tragic, messi unlocked)
Launchpadmcq- overwatch
zombine- overwatch(I don't think this is his actual goal)
lashley- 3-5 hellboy books
Hagi-deadly class volume 1-3, east of west year 1, and gundam origin whole series.
sillymonkey321-overwatch
I don't know if you need to post this so much...

TheFlow

Banned
I don't know if you need to post this so much...

based on the page we are on right now I would say I only post when someone actually completes something on it. Haven't posted it in about 6 or so pages.

but if it bothers you I will just post it again on Sunday :p

I don't know if Kyle can be considered a Green Lantern atm. But other than that yeah.

Thanks. So Simon and Jessica in Green Lanterns and the other four in the main book is what Wikipedia tells me.

Is there any good Green Lantern run that does not involve Hal Jordan or Geoff Johns?

(I still can't understand the whole give the brown Green Lantern a gun and ski-mask character design. Does his backstory explain it in any way?)

Ross61

Thanks. So Simon and Jessica in Green Lanterns and the other four in the main book is what Wikipedia tells me.

Is there any good Green Lantern run that does not involve Hal Jordan or Geoff Johns?

(I still can't understand the whole give the brown Green Lantern a gun and ski-mask character design. Does his backstory explain it in any way?)
He doesn't' trust the ring as It has proven defective before. And the gun has atleast helped out in a jam that happened cause the ring wouldn't work.

And the Pete Tomasi run on GL Corps that ran alongside Geoff Johns is also very great and underrated.

He doesn't' trust the ring as It has proven defective before. And the gun has atleast helped out in a jam that happened cause the ring wouldn't work.

And the Pete Tomasi run on GL Corps that ran alongside Geoff Johns is also very great and underrated.

I'll look that up, thanks.

the podcast will be back in august i think, but he won't be writing anymore

Damn, that's a shame. I loved that he pushed Squirrel Girl whenever he could too.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Writing about comics on the internet

IN 2016*

*soon to be extinct, if not already dead

I read his goodbye letter, it wasn't so much "there's no money in this" (well there might be, but it wasn't specifically covered) it was more that he would rather spend time enjoying his hobby than trying to make it a job.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Damn, Chew still isn't done?

I read the first half and loved it - can't wait til it's done to read it all straight through.
My absolute favorite version of this was the gap between when he threw the bag of trash (discovering his powers) and when the bag landed.

that was a brilliant gag

Messi

Ah, ok. I've been reading the trades, so didn't know they did that.

Same here. Was checking to see when the last trade would be out and saw that it wasn't done yet.

Yeah most image books take a break for 2-4 months to give the creative team a break and so they can keep the teams together. It also gives them a window to release the trade of the previous arc and get more people in for the return. Saga def does this.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah most image books take a break for 2-4 months to give the creative team a break and so they can keep the teams together. It also gives them a window to release the trade of the previous arc and get more people in for the return. Saga def does this.

WicDiv too.

What book is that? Because I love everything about that

Invincible. I've read a lot of cape books over the past few decades. This is unquestionably the best. Amazing. The art by Ottley, the writing, the way the characters progress in the story...perfection.

Screw The Walking Dead. Invincible is Kirkman's best.

Top Bottom