• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

everyone reading Stray Bullets pls read Love and Rockets

it's not as violent, and it has a lot of comedic hijinks... but it's black and white so it's kinda similar

Peru knocks out Brazil with a handball goal. Due to that bizarre outcome, the US now has a harder knockout match against Ecuador, despite winning their group.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The new Prey is so pointless when it comes to the use of the IP... Man, was happy first when I heard that they ditched the original Prey 2, but they still refuse to use Tommy.

What a shit. At least we got a new Wolfenstein teased.

The new Prey is so pointless when it comes to the use of the IP... Man, was happy first when I heard that they ditched the original Prey 2, but they still refuse to use Tommy.

What a shit. At least we got a new Wolfenstein teased.

WAT? You kidding, m8? Prey 2 was looking to be straight-up Blade Runner with aliens. This is disappointing by comparison. Might turn out okay, though.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
WAT? You kidding, m8? Prey 2 was looking to be straight-up Blade Runner with aliens. This is disappointing by comparison. Might turn out okay, though.

I didnt cared about that game. I liked Tommy and loved the first one and it ended on a cliffhanger.
Also, I love how they included all the native american culture stuff, I became really really salty when the news about the sequel came up.

I didnt cared about that game. I liked Tommy and loved the first one and it ended on a cliffhanger.
Also, I love how they included all the native american culture stuff, I became really really salty when the news about the sequel came up.

The first one was awesome. I would have been happy with a direct sequel, too. But they're dropping the ball on this one. That trailer was a buzzkill.

The first one was awesome. I would have been happy with a direct sequel, too. But they're dropping the ball on this one. That trailer was a buzzkill.
I'm cool with whatever. Prey is the weirdest game Ip ever. It's had So many incarnations and been in development for decades and yet only has one measly game to show for it. Like are there people here that remember the first Prey footage for the PC back in the late 90s? It was touted as a Quake 2 killer. Haha

Owzers

Resub to HBO now for the last three games of thrones episodes, get disappointed in tonight's episode, seems like they cut any action to just make progress.

Vyer

Oh yeah, vidja game stuff has started. Guess I should check that out.

Resub to HBO now for the last three games of thrones episodes, get disappointed in tonight's episode, seems like they cut any action to just make progress.

Yeah. First bad episode of the season though, imo. Last few episodes should be pretty big

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Two parts in particular,
the blackfish not giving up and mereen being sieged and daenerys just lands on top the pyramid to close that scene.

I'm gonna compare one of those to the book so if that kind of thing bothers you don't read this...........

The Blackfish thing is right out of the books. Not 100% accurate but close enough. I'll give you the Dany thing felt rushed and then short. Probably cuz they wasted too much time on that joke scene. Which just fell flat IMO

So much non-comic talk in here. Tsk tsk.

So I finished the first library edition of The Goon, and it's an overwhelmingly delightful comic. Looking forward to digging into volume two tomorrow.

Finished Green Lantern: The Animated Series. Sad to see it go the way it did, but it ended on a good note. All that set up for Blackest Night and Sinestro Corps left hanging is the real crime here. And John Stewart!

Messi

Being away from comicgaf turns people. Makes them evil. Some turn to Overwatch. I believe this is how Mei players are created. In some of the worst cases some people even read comics.

Tizoc

Man screw you KOEI Tecmo, I could've let the lame teaser slide, but releasing Berserk Musou on Steam/PC?
Screw you and your disappointing ports, Berserk deserves better than that shit.

Day 1 on PS4 though~

Finished Green Lantern: The Animated Series. Sad to see it go the way it did, but it ended on a good note. All that set up for Blackest Night and Sinestro Corps left hanging is the real crime here. And John Stewart!

Yeah it was a nice show all things considered.

A-Force #6

Finally enjoying this book again. I wonder if that's because of
lack of Singularity
. However this issue brings to light a question regarding Odinson:
If the Watcher learns many things and has a lot of cosmic power, what if Nick Fury simply used magic similar to Nico and whispered "unworthy" to Thor Odinson? It would have worked. Though, Nico has to maintain concentration, but the Watcher would be all about concentration. Plus he has substantially more power than Nico.
I doubt it but food for thought.

Moon Knight #3
Dunno what else to say. Book keeps giving. I feel like this would have way more impact if I were someone who'd read a lot of Moon Knight previous to this. Still good and a great premise, though.

Old Man Logan #7
Damn. Shit hits hard. Goddamn this book is so good. I love Old Man Logan and the storylines and the setting and SORRENTINO THA GAWD

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
MU Weekly update:

All New Inhumans #2
All New X-Men #2
Amazing Spider-Man #1.1
Darth Vader Annual #1
Deadpool #3.1
Illuminati #2
Kanan #9
GotG #3
Gwenpool Special #1
Hercules #2
Scarlet Witch #1
Secret Wars #8 (lol)
Spider Gwen #3
Spider Man 2099 #4
Star Wars Annual #1
The Ultimates #2
Uncanny Avengers #3

Mindwipe

Been reading some SW tie ins on MU. 2099 was kinda fun. Battlezones was baaaad. Agents of Atlas was kinda fun. The love one shot was widely divergent.

Several of them feel like nice little elsewhere ideas that really don't work with being forced into a world where everyone only came into being five years ago and Doom is god, with the odd cack handed reference.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
you act as if you dont have access to it all :p

All New Inhumans #2 - I don't do Inhumans
All New X-Men #2 - This book in an abomination
Amazing Spider-Man #1.1 - No idea what this is. Looks pointless.
Darth Vader Annual #1 - I don't do Star Wars
Deadpool #3.1 - Seriously WTF are these?
Illuminati #2 - Cancelled
Kanan #9 - Star Wars
GotG #3 - Haven't been reading. Shitty team roster.
Gwenpool Special #1 - Fuck Gwenpool
Hercules #2 - Zero interest in Hercules and if it hasn't been cancelled yet it soon will be.
Scarlet Witch #1 - I hate the idea of intentionally changing artists every issue.
Secret Wars #8 (lol) - Already read it
Star Wars Annual #1 - Star Wars

Plus I just started Annihilation this weekend so I don't need a ton to read right now and can afford to be extra picky.

Started reading Kirby's Captain America omnibus. Not really feeling it at the moment. It feels like Kirby's usual sci-fi stories ft. Captain America. (This is starting from Captain America #193.)

everyone reading Stray Bullets pls read Love and Rockets

it's not as violent, and it has a lot of comedic hijinks... but it's black and white so it's kinda similar

Tyrant, could you post some pics of the art book when you receive it?

So I finished the first library edition of The Goon, and it's an overwhelmingly delightful comic. Looking forward to digging into volume two tomorrow.

Be ready for some heartbreak.

great post

also how come these niggas really showed like 20 seconds of Mass Effect gameplay after a full year

like are you for real b

How many seconds do you really need to see for a dating sim you are already buying?

VanWinkle

What a great thing to hear, freeza. There's a OGN at the last third of the second volume that is just astonishingly good. He warns you on the first page of it that it's not funny at all. And it's not. But it's amazing.

I'm starting the third volume today if I have any time between E3 stuff.

Vyer

I read Future Quest.

Shaner's art is gorgeous, of course. But I can't help but think about Team Venture every time the Quest stuff came up.

The whole thing is odd, but in sort of a good way.

I read Future Quest.

Shaner's art is gorgeous, of course. But I can't help but think about Team Venture every time the Quest stuff came up.

The whole thing is odd, but in sort of a good way.

The Quests are pretty much exactly what Venture Bros. set out to deconstruct, so you'll probably have to set that aside to enjoy the comic :p

Vyer

The Quests are pretty much exactly what Venture Bros. set out to deconstruct, so you'll probably have to set that aside to enjoy the comic :p

I know. I just can't get it out of my head lol. Especially when (FQ spoilers)
they went to Dr. Zin and his 'loyal agent'

Messi

Sony Shill

untitled-34cuzn.gif

This week is E3? Well shit.
What the hell is up with the awful art in Mighty Thor 6 and 7.

Ugh, so bad.
That art's amazing given the context. It's a story that's an old ass legend told by Loki, so the art is supposed to give this "drawing on cave walls and in really old ass books" feel to it.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
What the hell is up with the awful art in Mighty Thor 6 and 7.

Ugh, so bad.

Yeah, I was bummed out by that, too. Especially since it's REALLY hard to tell what the fuck is going on in half of the panels, sometimes it felt like I was looking at a Pollock.

Owzers

Sony Shill

You go after my ability to rent/sell games and i hold a grudge.

Also the Halo/Gears/Forza strategy is basically my "We'll build the wall!"

Sellling a slim console when you know you're coming out with a more powerful upgraded xbox one the next year is iffy too. Slim console looks nice :/

Owzers

MAKE XBOX GREAT AGAIN

Aside from Sunset Overdrive, XBOX has been meh. I hate how MS is buying out certain exclusives.

Sunset Overdrive is the first game i'd buy, but i don't really care about Halo or Gears of War now, Fable is dead, Scalebound isn't coming out anytime soon, and Dead Rising 3 didn't look that good.

mreddie

Sunset Overdrive is the first game i'd buy, but i don't really care about Halo or Gears of War now, Fable is dead, Scalebound isn't coming out anytime soon, and Dead Rising 3 didn't look that good.

How come Nintendo and Sony can interest me yet MS just has nothing to interest me, I played Halo 2 and Gears and I just don't see it.

Vyer

That slim XB1 is pretty much a must buy for me once I sell my current one. 4K upgrade and extra storage @ 300 is great.

How come Nintendo and Sony can interest me yet MS just has nothing to interest me, I played Halo 2 and Gears and I just don't see it.

Halo and Gears were great back when I had time to play with my friends.

Sony hasn't interested me with the PS4 at all until lately. I think UC4 was the first thing to really move my timetable up to pick one up. And then the "upgrade" news hit soooo.....

XB1, after I cut the cord, also became pretty much our main living room hub for media.

Owzers

halo and gears are kinda throwaway campaign games and i got tired out of both online.

Forza Horizon 3 looks great graphically, but i've never cared about a racing game outside of Burnout and i don't think i'd even be excited about a new one of that.

Also, Trump's E3 conference starts at 2:30pm, more details on his hit franchise "Ban Muslims"

edit: This Scalebound segment with 4 player co-op looks like nothing i want to play.

edit: State of Decay 2 is something i totally want and wish were on ps4.

Being away from comicgaf turns people. Makes them evil. Some turn to Overwatch. I believe this is how Mei players are created. In some of the worst cases some people even read comics.

It's true. I've been spending less time here and have been turning into a Mei-playing scumbag. I sneak up behind people, freeze them, and then shove icicles through their faceholes.

Owzers

Xbox: Beyond Generations.

But i liked generations :(

I think we should have a vote on whether or not we want to allow people to talk about comics in this thread. There are many other places on the internet where comic readers can talk about comics without having to bog down this thread with their floppy thoughts.

Top Bottom