• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

caliph95

What if I told you I bought them all long before the sale? I got into the series after the D&D Fell's Five IDW book ended, which left a hole in my heart ever since.

I'm pretty sure I have all the Jim Zub ones like four times over because Dynamite puts them into every one of their Humble Bundles.
Jim Zub has written some that sounds good

Messi

Rereading Saga from the start and it's quite striking how much Fiona Staples has grown into the art. I thought the book all looked generally the same but that's not true at all. Marco and Alana look much more rough and severe. It's cool to see.

meh will wait for Wayward to eventually come out and take your word for it

I should read Wayward. I think I have a collection of it from a Humble Bundle.

I've had no tablet for awhile now. My Nook finally croaked a few months ago. Then I bought a Nexus 7 that can't hold a charge. Tried reading on my new S7 as a last resort but it's just too small.

Rereading Saga from the start and it's quite striking how much Fiona Staples has grown into the art. I thought the book all looked generally the same but that's not true at all. Marco and Alana look much more rough and severe. It's cool to see.

As with a lot of artists, the change is gradual, so the difference isn't that striking unless you're directly comparing current work with the early stuff.

caliph95

I should read Wayward. I think I have a collection of it from a Humble Bundle.

I've had no tablet for awhile now. My Nook finally croaked a few months ago. Then I bought a Nexus 7 that can't hold a charge. Tried reading on my new S7 as a last resort but it's just too small.
Takes a months breaks just letting you know

What if I told you I bought them all long before the sale? I got into the series after the D&D Fell's Five IDW book ended, which left a hole in my heart ever since.

I'm pretty sure I have all the Jim Zub ones like four times over because Dynamite puts them into every one of their Humble Bundles.

Huh, I should check my Humble Library...

.... what do you know? There's a ton of Pathfinder comics there! Huh, and a bunch of Valiant comics too. I can't even remember buying those bundles. And... Knights of Sidonia? Hmmm

Huh, I should check my Humble Library...

.... what do you know? There's a ton of Pathfinder comics there! Huh, and a bunch of Valiant comics too. I can't even remember buying those bundles. And... Knights of Sidonia? Hmmm

You guys don't even know what you're buying. :p

Knights of Sidonia was a little weird but pretty solid. The anime is on Netflix.

You guys don't even know what you're buying. :p

It's worse with the games. Every key that doesn't have the "You already own this, you clod!" tick gets redeemed.

What's worse is it's not even accurate a lot of the time. It says I don't own SUPERHOT but I've owned it since release!

Forgot to post my list for this week. :O

ROM #11
Divided States of Hysteria #1
Extremity #4
Walking Dead #168
Champions #9
Jessica Jones #9
Giant Days #27

With Batman Epilogue (v10), finally done with Snyder's run. Though I am not sure why I actually wasted my time with the last 3-4 volumes. Batman Future's End was good and I thought it indicated a possible decent volume to end the run but it turns out it wasn't even written by Snyder. #51/#52 had a couple of decent moments/pages thrown in but Annual 4 was a slog.

Overall, the series has been a huge disappointment considering the very strong start (I loved the whole Court of Owls mythos set up). Capullo's art deserved better writing.

I did! Mignola's artwork seemed a bit jarring to me at first, some panels seem really dark, but once I got over that I have no issues with it. Looking forward to reading more of his work.

I love Mig's work but when Dave Stewart comes on with colors vol 3 onwards, it makes a huge difference, he really is a star. There are parts of vol 1 and 2 that can look a little dark, whereas nothing ever looks muddy with Stewart despite the palette. Glad you liked it though, it's all up from there once Mike takes over the scripts. Again, vol 3 Imo is where it all starts to really gel and just go, within the fiction, the visuals etc all the way to the end.

I love Mig's work but when Dave Stewart comes on with colors vol 3 onwards, it makes a huge difference, he really is a star. There are parts of vol 1 and 2 that can look a little dark, whereas nothing ever looks muddy with Stewart despite the palette. Glad you liked it though, it's all up from there once Mike takes over the scripts. Again, vol 3 Imo is where it all starts to really gel and just go, within the fiction, the visuals etc all the way to the end.
That's welcome news. I know there are a few series he does, is it okay to read them all separately? It's a lot of money to catch up if I don't catch a sale.

Vic_Viper

With Batman Epilogue (v10), finally done with Snyder's run. Though I am not sure why I actually wasted my time with the last 3-4 volumes. Batman Future's End was good and I thought it indicated a possible decent volume to end the run but it turns out it wasn't even written by Snyder. #51/#52 had a couple of decent moments/pages thrown in but Annual 4 was a slog.

Overall, the series has been a huge disappointment considering the very strong start (I loved the whole Court of Owls mythos set up). Capullo's art deserved better writing.

I think taking on the Batman Eternal and then Batman & Robin Eternal writing duties once a month coupled with the writers classes hurt Snyder's last few arcs on his Batman run. Everything after RoboGordan started felt like the quality took a major dive. It's a shame, but it's still my #2 best Batman run after Morrisons.

ACR0019

Any Doctor Strange recommendations for a comic book rookie? I just bought the Greg Pak Origin story and am looking for more.

Any Doctor Strange recommendations for a comic book rookie? I just bought the Greg Pak Origin story and am looking for more.

The Oath
Doctor Strange/Doctor Doom: Triumph & Torment
Strange: The Doctor Is Out
The Way of the Weird (first volume in current series)

Nudull

Banned
Lists?

Batman #24
Superman #24
The Flintstones #12
DC Looney Tunes 100-Page Spectacular #1
Doctor Strange #20
Champions #9
Venom #151
Star Wars: Darth Vader Vol. 2 #1
All-New Guardians of the Galaxy #3

Going through Diamond Comics while I was typing this, and...why does a Chucky Bishoujo statue exist? Explain, Freeza.

You should read those..

Oh geez. So I may have accidentally *digitally* triple-dipped on some Valiant stuff. I have the CMX single issues of Harbinger 1-8, Bloodshot 1-6, and a few others (A&A) from when they first came out (the original Valiant launch a-la Magnus, Solar, and X-O was what got me into comics years ago, so their re-launch actually got me back into digital comics after a long absence from comics completely). And I apparently forgot about that and got the Harbinger Omnibuses at some CMX sale a while back.... and now I find out I *also* have the Harbinger TPBs via Humble.

That... wasn't smart.

That's a win in my book, since you seem to be super critical of a lot of books. :)

Yeah, I thought they nailed the humor with Quantum and Woody, and I'm usually the most critical of "funny" books that aren't funny.

List

Batman #24
Deathstroke #20
Green Arrow #24
Nightwing #22
Paper Girls #15
Superman #24
Wonder Woman: Steve Trevor

FXZlU2l.gif
TOO MUCH COFFEE MAN OMNIBUS
FXZlU2l.gif

List. First IST order in 3 months!

Deadly Hands of Kung Fu v2
Hellboy: Weird tales
Goon LE v5

Yeah, I thought they nailed the humor with Quantum and Woody, and I'm usually the most critical of "funny" books that aren't funny.

List

[ig]https://i.imgur.com/FXZlU2l.gif[/img]TOO MUCH COFFEE MAN OMNIBUShttps://i.imgur.com/FXZlU2l.gif[/ig][/QUOTE]

That's real...

Looks pretty interesting.

Sandfox

Nice. Hickman's run is one of my top 5 runs of all time.

Tell me though, what makes up the Waid run? I might buy it.

There are four collections for it, but only three of them are available digitally so those issues would have to be bought separately.

Top Bottom