• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

VeeP

He's a jerk in Super sons but not as bad as he was here even in Teen titans from waht i read he is not as big of a dick

Yea it's idiotic. Priest says "where do we go from here?" Dude your a writer, you should know the importance of character development. You shouldn't just revert characters back to how they acted when they were first introduced by Grant Morrison how many years ago!

caliph95

Yea it's idiotic. Priest says "where do we go from here?" Dude your a writer, you should know the importance of character development. You shouldn't just revert characters back to how they acted when they were first introduced by Grant Morrison how many years ago!
Both the movies and the comic keep repeating the same kinda of character development that Tomasi and Morrison already did years ago, it's weird we are repeating the same thing.

Lovely comment Donnie.

Another thought about The Spire. So interesting to me how
Julietta jumps in front of a bullet for Sha. After all those years. Thinking she thought nothing of Sha except that deep down she's a bastard. Julietta betrays herself with that final act. Another thing: when the queen says that Sha took off after impregnating her. Am I forgetting or is it not made clear why Sha did that? Is it just assumed she was freaked out and bailed?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
did work for the culture out in that Amazon sale thread

whew

also x-post:
i'm going to make an MCU Watch Thread in August, guys

it's going to be in OT, for everyone who wants to watch things play out from now until Infinity War

we watch each movie every 2 weeks, starting with Iron Man on 08/25/17 and ending with Black Panther on 04/20/18 (really hope this is one releases digitally beforehand...) - right before the release of Infinity War on 05/04

does that sound interesting? i've never put work into an OP before so before i start i hope there is some interest

Lovely comment Donnie.

Another thought about The Spire. So interesting to me how
Julietta jumps in front of a bullet for Sha. After all those years. Thinking she thought nothing of Sha except that deep down she's a bastard. Julietta betrays herself with that final act. Another thing: when the queen says that Sha took off after impregnating her. Am I forgetting or is it not made clear why Sha did that? Is it just assumed she was freaked out and bailed?

I think that's left quite up in the air but I think that might be on purpose.
Obviously in the story we know Sha arrived as a play thing of the queen; how long had she been in that role, how much abuse had she been exposed to, in addition to the plain dissonance she was experiencing within herself in regards to sex, gender and just plain happiness. I think she just snapped and ran. Maybe the baby was the straw that broken the camel's back, maybe it was a feeling of unworthiness to be able to raise a child?
I think Spurrier didn't want to nail that down too hard, so had it off to the reader and their feelings.

I think it's one of those stories you kind of desperately want there to be a sequel to, just to know everything was okay, but you kind of know deep down it's just right as it is.
Did the characters look back and take meaning from the events and learn? Did Sha begin the cycle again? It's hard to know.

Also, I really like that observation about Pug, that's a very cool take.

caliph95

Why did we never get an ohc of Nextwave? There's no comic justice...
Agents_of_Hate.gif

Need some opinions. I did some WW art. The first version has some pretty basic coloring and lets the lifework do its thing and the second version is much more rendered. Out of the two, which one catches your eyes more?
A3yKbk5.jpg

or
gCfvckU.jpg

Just saw WW and it was excellent. Some good action moments but really carries it is the characters and a good interpretation of Diana. Which isn't easy

Need some opinions. I did some WW art. The first version has some pretty basic coloring and lets the lifework do its thing and the second version is much more rendered. Out of the two, which one catches your eyes more?
A3yKbk5.jpg

or
gCfvckU.jpg

I like the first one better, but the second one is flashier, which makes it more eye catching.

Wanderer5

In preparation to go see Wonder Woman and because of the Top 10 Justice League Episodes? thread, I'm going to watch the WW focused episodes of JL and JLU. This includes *sigh* "Hawk and Dove". And "Fury", but mostly "Hawk and Dove" is the one that upsets me.

I should get through JL and JLU again fully, but I liked much of the interaction between Hawkgirl and Wonder Woman later on heh. Don't think I recall the Hawk and Dove episode much.

Vic_Viper

Why did we never get an ohc of Nextwave? There's no comic justice...

Ill never understand why Marvel chooses to do HCs for some books and not others that seriously deserve them. Books like Uncanny X-Force, Wolverine and the X-Men, Secret Warriors, Agents of HATE, and Iron Fist all got Complete Collections but no Hardcovers but books like Nova and Daredevil did. The larger HCs are by far my preferred format. Larger than the usual TPB but smaller than an Omni. Perfect for reading and collecting. Wish we got more of these. Almost done getting all of Slott's Spider-man HCs!

Speaking of Daredevil, Any chance they will do a Vol. 2 Omnibus for Mark Waid's Daredevil run? Debating getting the last few Daredevil HCs instead of waiting to see what Marvel decides to do. Just hate having 1 omni and 3 HCs instead of 2 Omnis or all 5 HCs.

Also, Doctor Strange and Thor Vol. 2 HCs are available to Pre-Order this month on DCBService.com!

Ill never understand why Marvel chooses to do HCs for some books and not others that seriously deserve them. Books like Uncanny X-Force, Wolverine and the X-Men, Secret Warriors, Agents of HATE, and Iron Fist all got Complete Collections but no Hardcovers but books like Nova and Daredevil did. The larger HCs are by far my preferred format. Larger than the usual TPB but smaller than an Omni. Perfect for reading and collecting. Wish we got more of these. Almost done getting all of Slott's Spider-man HCs!

Speaking of Daredevil, Any chance they will do a Vol. 2 Omnibus for Mark Waid's Daredevil run? Debating getting the last few Daredevil HCs instead of waiting to see what Marvel decides to do. Just hate having 1 omni and 3 HCs instead of 2 Omnis or all 5 HCs.

Also, Doctor Strange and Thor Vol. 2 HCs are available to Pre-Order this month on DCBService.com!

All of those got omnibuses right? Maybe because of that?

Nextwave and Soule She-Hulk I don't understand though. They got neither.

VanWinkle

A3yKbk5.jpg

or
gCfvckU.jpg

Hmmm. It's hard to say, because while I like the first one better overall, it's almost too flat for me. The second one is a little over rendered, at least for my tastes, but it is more eye-catching.

Also, nice pose. Looks good.

Because H&D is a trash fire
Give me a list of them and I'll watch as many as I can before my showing tomorrow :)
So, I'm just watching the ones where she's a key focus and/or has some key WW lore/development:

"Secret Origins" (comes to the world of man)

"Paradise Lost" (goes back to Themyscira to save it from Felix Faust and Hades)

"Fury" (Rogue Amazonian)

"The Savage Time" (WW2 time travel where she hooks up with Steve Trevor)

"Maid of Honor" (she becomes besties with a princess and has to stop Vandal Savage from using her to take over the world. Beginning of the Bruce/Diana relationship)

"The Terror Beyond" (Diana questions her religious beliefs)

"Hawk and Dove" (Diana balances her ideals of peace with her warrior upbringing, plus it brings in Hephaestus and Ares)

"This Little Piggy" (Introduces Circe and also focuses on Bruce and Diana's relationship)

"The Balance" (focuses on Hawkgirl/WW relationship, also brings back Hades, Faust, and Themyscira)

"To Another Shore" (Diana as ambassador to Themyscira)

Wanderer5

It's good, you should buy it.

I don't know, I just- *buys*

Okay I am done now, I am done, I am done, I am done, k bye sales. I need to save some amazon money.:p $25 for this sales is it.

But I am pretty intrigued by this series and it isn't that long.

That's unfortunate. Dynamite has always felt like the definition of mediocre comics.

They've had some series I've enjoyed over the years, but a lot of that was probably down to licenses. I love the old pulps and they have all of those licenses. Their first Lone Ranger series is severely underrated.

I really enjoy their Pathfinder comics as well, especially since IDW's D&D stuff is all Faerun these days and I have a strong dislike for that setting.

caliph95

They've had some series I've enjoyed over the years, but a lot of that was probably down to licenses. I love the old pulps and they have all of those licenses. Their first Lone Ranger series is severely underrated.

I really enjoy their Pathfinder comics as well
, especially since IDW's D&D stuff is all Faerun these days and I have a strong dislike for that setting.
Guess we found who has been buying them and putting them in the EU topsellers

Guess we found who has been buying them and putting them in the EU topsellers

What if I told you I bought them all long before the sale? I got into the series after the D&D Fell's Five IDW book ended, which left a hole in my heart ever since.

I'm pretty sure I have all the Jim Zub ones like four times over because Dynamite puts them into every one of their Humble Bundles.

Top Bottom