• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

ev0

Anyone here use the Drawerboxes long box replacement? It seems like an awesome way to store your floppies but for the price id like to hear some actual feedback regarding the quality.

They were featured in a recent Bleedingcool article, but heres the companies website for those that dont like to give BC clicks lol:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06/05/better-way-longbox-drawerboxes-rich-vincent/

http://www.collectiondrawer.com/order/

I stopped buying floppies a few years ago because its such a pain in the ass but this seems like a great fix for collecting.

I've had my set (about 15-16?) for about a decade now and they changed my comic life. Way easier to get books in or out.

My set has been around and still holding up, however the bottom boxes have started to bow a bit BUT this is probably my fault. I put a whole bunch of Video Game CEs and game cases on top adding extra weight that is probably distributed differently than another row of boxes.

Two tips, buy those box lox things, and always have one more box in your row across than you do stacking vertical (ex. 5 boxes across, only go 4 rows high) for best stability.

From a customer service side, they sent me 5 boxes that were the wrong size (long instead of short) and shipped me the right size for free and let me keep the mistakes. Which is crazy bc the biggest expense on these things is the shipping.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
That why I dropped Deadpool a long time ago and thought about ditching Amazing Spidey this year. But people on Reddit told me I was overreacting. At least I see now others feel the same as me.
Dropping a whole book because of one 10€ issue is indeed a hard overrraction. Just dont buy the one issue.

VanWinkle

Re-reading it now in one swift swoop, the entire book has these characters constantly on the precipice of changing, but they never really do. None of them are sure if they can be hero or villain. They have no idea what they are. Every arc has details about why these people are the way they are, with the world telling them that it doesn't matter how they use these skills, they'll always be villains. And as the series goes on, you see that they're always sitting in the middle, but never progressing. Catman is the best example of this, since he is the most morally conflicted at the beginning, but eventually loses himself. Every member that leaves the group, leaves in a manner that shows that they never progressed. Fiddler is killed for being a failure, Parademon dies as a suicide bomber, Cheshire leaves as a baby-crazy backstabbing villainess, Black Alice leaves as a scared kid, Mad Hatter crazed drug addict. Finally, the group has their final stand as what the world always wanted them to be: supervillains. There is no change, here. Even some of the progress we do see either doesn't matter or ends with them leaving. Sure, Bane becomes a father figure, but he also more and more aggressively takes power and control. He's a conqueror. Sure, Catman becomes a leader. but he aggressively hunts and kills people who tread his territory (lion pride lands or his own child), getting more and more brutal. "Marking" people in brutal ways. And those are probably the two biggest standouts as far as morality goes, aside from Scandal, who really just ends up with another hyper-controlling father figure in her life.

#24 sums it up in one page:
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zTTFmZ8.jpg[/IMG]

The bottom line is that at the end of the series, they're going out exactly how the world sees them: as villains. That's who they are. They can't be heroes. They love to talk about change, but they can't bring themselves to do it. The Wild West issue and the Battle for the Cowl tie-in (where Bane, Catman, and Ragdoll go to Gotham) both show that more than any other issues.

Fair enough. I just like things to be wrapped up. I don't care that things end up badly for the characters, or if their very nature fights any progress, but I want to have the feeling that the run ended in a way that left me satisfied. And an abrupt ending where we are just meant to interpret it as these people staying the same and nothing changing is just not a good ending to me. A proper stopping point for these characters, maybe, but not a good end to a series.

Superman #7 - #13 were pretty good! Finally I have a Rebirth series I can wholeheartedly recommend. The World's Smallest issues were hilarious and the Frankenstein issues were fun too.
The Cobbs are giving me a bad feeling. Also, where did Nobody and Goliath come from? Any relation to the dude Damian killed in the Batman & Robin run?

Dropping a whole book because of one 10€ issue is indeed a hard overrraction. Just dont buy the one issue.

lol, right. Just skip the issue and then wonder wtf is happening in the next one. And as others have said, they keep doing that crap over and over with Deadpool.

Superman #7 - #13 were pretty good! Finally I have a Rebirth series I can wholeheartedly recommend. The World's Smallest issues were hilarious and the Frankenstein issues were fun too.
The Cobbs are giving me a bad feeling. Also, where did Nobody and Goliath come from? Any relation to the dude Damian killed in the Batman & Robin run?

Check out their Damian!Robin book. They were introduced there.
Also yes.

It's bat hunting time.

I mean, a bunch of books are shipping twice a month ($6 a month) and most people don't mind that. Why is a larger $10 issue twice a year a problem?

Check out their Damian!Robin book. They were introduced there.
Also yes.

Awesome, hadn't realised that was by the same team too. Hopefully my library gets it soon.

I mean, a bunch of books are shipping twice a month ($6 a month) and most people don't mind that. Why is a larger $10 issue twice a year a problem?

Because those are written by one person and aren't filled with backup stories I don't give a crap about or want to pay for. This last $10 Deadpool issue is an outlier. The other ones, The Amazing Spidey one this year, and the latest Venom one all commit the backup story sin.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
lol, right. Just skip the issue and then wonder wtf is happening in the next one. And as others have said, they keep doing that crap over and over with Deadpool.
Stuff get written into the Internet? As long as this isnt a regular thing I really have no idea whats the problem is.
After the arc you are 100% fine again.

Because those are written by one person and aren't filled with backup stories I don't give a crap about or want to pay for. This last $10 Deadpool issue is an outlier. The other ones, The Amazing Spidey one this year, and the latest Venom one all commit the backup story sin.
The next issue is not going to have a backup story. So why dropping it permanently?

ok, if part of the issue is in the regular run and the rest of it is backup stuff - that's definitely shitty.

Awesome, hadn't realised that was by the same team too. Hopefully my library gets it soon.
It's much easier to drop a book when you see it costs $10 when it's on the counter than when it's split over a larger period of time.

Stuff get written into the Internet? As long as this isnt a regular thing I really have no idea whats the problem is.
After the arc you are 100% fine again.

The next issue is not going to have a backup story. So why dropping it permanently?

Because I don't get shit in my mouth and ask for more. You buy the issue and then they keep doing the overpriced filled with backup stories crap over and over again. I'm not supporting that.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Because I don't get shit in my mouth and ask for more. You buy the issue and then they keep doing the overpriced filled with backup stories crap over and over again. I'm not supporting that.
I know, thats why I said that you could skip that issue, read about it on the internet or buy a code for 1$ from
Money that doesnt go to Marvel if you really want to know whats going on, and then buy the for regular priced issues again. Dropping a whole series because of one incident is IMO a overaction, unless its like with Deadpool.

mreddie

Marvel:
DgeB1LI.gif

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Dammit, Barnes and Noble, 5 books come in perfect condition and then the last one looked like someone punched it. :(

I had to ask them to send a new copy and I have to mail this busted one. Last time I order from them.

TheFlow

Banned

1. That is two books per month split up every two weeks. Easier on the mind and wallet than dropping 10 dollars outright on a series.

2. Marvel is also double shipping a bunch of books that equals 8 dollars a month with like 22-24 pages.. not sure why we are forgetting that in this argument.

3. Lords link already shows that a decent amount of peopel are not cool with the 10 dollar issues.

4. Deadpool is going to sell regardless but Marvel really should not test fan loyalty especially when they have so much fierce competition.

Owzers

If you have to skip two or three issues a year because they're massively overpriced may as well just switch to trades and get the entire story.
Yep, unless it's your favorite book and you still kinda like the $10 issues, skipping a few issues doesn't make a lot of sense.

Well, I pass every time IDW does one of those shitty $8 annuals. I see the price and am just like

giphy.gif

The only not-shitty annual I've read was the ROM one from a few months ago. That was like the best origin story.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I like Annuals when they dont tie into the next big arc and are just fun small stories on their own. I am a big fan of One-Shots.
Its been a while since I have read a good one, but there definitly are.

Owzers

I'm reading more deadly class after selling vol 1-4 and buying all the digital issues in the last sale. Sooooo good, I'm up to issue 22ish.

But...I was supposed to work on hellboy library volume 1. Also I watched the wwe event and it was bad.

Top Bottom