• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

Fair enough. I just like things to be wrapped up. I don't care that things end up badly for the characters, or if their very nature fights any progress, but I want to have the feeling that the run ended in a way that left me satisfied. And an abrupt ending where we are just meant to interpret it as these people staying the same and nothing changing is just not a good ending to me. A proper stopping point for these characters, maybe, but not a good end to a series.
But isn't it? Every plot line is wrapped up. All that's left to do is finish it off, and what better way to have a book about villains end than in an all out final brawl against every Leaguer and Titan there is?
So uh, no "New Mutants" run recommendations?
I haven't read it, but the OG Claremont run is a top rec, I'm sure,

Sandfox

I didn't even realize that Noble #2 comes out this week. Hopefully Catalyst Prime can live up to being a Milestone replacement.

Yeah, it's lower than Ant-Man, Iron Man and Cap 1. Kickass third act though,
It was cool up unt DORMAMAMU I'VE COME TO DORMAMAMU I'VE COME DORMAMAMU I'VE DORMAMAMU DORMAMAMU DORMAMAMU

The reverse time sequence before that was baller as fuck though. I got a lot of issues with the movie but damn that was a sweet sequence.

It was cool up unt DORMAMAMU I'VE COME TO DORMAMAMU I'VE COME DORMAMAMU I'VE DORMAMAMU DORMAMAMU DORMAMAMU

The reverse time sequence before that was baller as fuck though. I got a lot of issues with the movie but damn that was a sweet sequence.
See I liked that because it wasn't a brawl. It was a creative use of his knowledge and powers.
Agreed.

Edit/
Wasn't a fan of either villain. But the effects carried the movie. The fight scenes were entertaining.
I allowed the villains to be shallow if only because I felt like it wasn't about the villains vs heroes, but rather a battle of philosophies. Even then it falls short.

Sandfox

18893231_1581583711852024_2305799943251037085_n.jpg
This cover.

VanWinkle

Anybody who is interested, The Omnibus Collector is holding a ballot for the top ten most wanted DC omnis. Here's the link if you'd like to participate. The accompanying Facebook group is pretty sizable and has at least one person with a connection to somebody who works in the DC collected editions dept. So if you like OHCs and omnis, I think it's worth putting in. If nothing else, it lets us get a good sense of what people are wanting.

Sandfox

Why do they call to call it that? The series itself was nothing special.
Branding probably. Also the Hood called the group that, because it was a secret society. I mean, the book was Ocean's Eleven with supervillains and I loved that. Everything was pretty great.
Code:
[IMG]http://all-comic.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/ILLUMINATI2015006_int2_2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://all-comic.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/ILLUMINATI2015006_int2_3.jpg[/IMG]
Standoff issue was so good.
Yooo that's dope.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Nope

The last Deadpool $10 issue was just released in trade for the same price as regular trades . This is the content.

The volume before

The story in the previous volume is ripped from another $10 issue. Fuck this practice. It's such bullshit.

OK, still, not for Amazing Spider-Man.

Sandfox

Nope, because it was our fault Space Knight didn't sell and our fault Whatshisface became Venom didn't sell but can't be Flash again.
Marvel started teasing Venom #150 back in December so Eddie coming back was probably planned from the start.

mreddie

Marvel started teasing Venom #150 back in December so Eddie coming back was probably planned from the start.

Because people hated Not Teh Darkness guy from the get go and wondering why Flash wasn't in the suit. Marvel couldn't put Flash back in the suit because they been there done that so they opted for Eddie.

I'm getting kind of bored with how Marvel is so willing to scrap every new idea and run back to nostalgia.

Then again, Rebirth.

Because people hated Not Teh Darkness guy from the get go and wondering why Flash wasn't in the suit. Marvel couldn't put Flash back in the suit because they been there done that so they opted for Eddie..

THAT'S WHY HE WAS FAMILIAR

I KNEW I'D SEEN IT SOMEWHERE.

mreddie

Nah. DC is much more willing to commit for the long haul. Look how long New 52 went on. Marvel will purge at the first sign of lagging sales and run back to the same old characters.

By that logic, Mar-vell should be back as Cap Marvel. Oh wait...

Also Banner should be back now.

Top Bottom