• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

Sad to hear about Iceman. I've long been a fan of the character. Part of the reason is his power set. I grew up somewhere cold and I enjoy the idea of creating and sliding on an ice bridge. And I read some issues from an excellent Iceman mini series from the 80's. It blew my mind and I never forgot it.

I was sad to discover when I got more in to comics that iceman is a big joke and generally written horribly. Guys who never stop telling obvious, stupid jokes? I hate those guys :(

Kurdel

Banned
Avengers

That Avenger X fight was lame as fuck. It was cool to see
Thor without her helm for the first time, and Doom is always a pleasure to see in action. Hercules is the worst jobber in the team, almost as bad as Vision.

Flintstones

I cried, can't believe it's over. 12 incredible issues though, not a single miss.

Sad to hear about Iceman. I've long been a fan of the character. Part of the reason is his power set. I grew up somewhere cold and I enjoy the idea of creating and sliding on an ice bridge. And I read some issues from an excellent Iceman mini series from the 80's. It blew my mind and I never forgot it.

I was sad to discover when I got more in to comics that iceman is a big joke and generally written horribly. Guys who never stop telling obvious, stupid jokes? I hate those guys :(

Yeah I remember when the stories always covered how Bobby used the jokes to cover up his insecurities about his tough childhood and how he never reached the potential of what his mutant powers could achieve.

I still remember a classic issue of when him and Rogue stopped by his childhood home and it showed his horrible father and how his childhood was. Don't remember if it was just a normal issue or an iceman mini series issue.

Owzers

I'm buying full priced comics on cmx, this wasn't supposed to happen. Deadly class 28 was still good, people here kinda heavily hinted into spoiler territory at what's been going on but it hasn't hindered my enjoyment much.

Walking dead 168 was okay
i liked Negan's speech but am still a bit tired of the series now

Spider-Man #17 - Enjoyed Miles' fight with Hammerhead, especially since this is the first time he's straight up ever gotten into a punch-out brawl, but with Felicia likely returning in the next issue this is starting to feel like a bit of a retread of the first arc from this run.

arkon

Has Hellboy been on sale on Comixology before? I've bee meaning to start reading it since the films came out but never got round to it. The Library Editions seem to be a bit more expensive than they used to be (closer to £30 than £20 now) and though they look great I doubt I'd have the space.

Yeah, but it was as part of a linewide Dark Horse sale. They're not very frequent with it though. Feels like once or twice a year

BPRD
Iosef in desperation has finally freed the most terrifying and ruthless monster at his disposal, a little girl in a white dress
Well this is going to go well

yes it is

Chapter_1_01A.jpg

Sandfox

So far the reception to Iceman seems to be positive and that surprises me. Of course the character sing gay means a lot of comic fans won't check it out.

Dan Slott is doing a lot to set up Spider-Man's future for Legacy.

Nova had a really good ending.

frye

HXaeFbw.png

So outside American Flagg, what has he written that's actually worth reading?

His most well regarded stuff is from the mid 80s to 1990 (so Flagg, The Shadow, Blackhawk, Time^2, and Black Kiss which he did all one after another). I'm not the biggest Chaykin guy though, because while I like his art, his actual writing is really tedious in my experience.

Malyse

I liked Avengers and Batman a lot. I think Avenger X would make an interesting MCU villain, maybe for the Defenders. GotG continues to be surprisingly good. I didn't expect anything, but I've liked it so far. Black Bolt feels like the type of comic that gets cancelled because no one reads it, even though I personally love it.

Biggest problem I have with this issue of Batman? What happened to all the talk of this being a prelude and leading into Jokes and Riddles? What the one throw away line about when they met that was basically word for word the same thing said during Rooftops?

tim1138

Biggest problem I have with this issue of Batman? What happened to all the talk of this being a prelude and leading into Jokes and Riddles? What the one throw away line about when they met that was basically word for word the same thing said during Rooftops?

What if the Jokes and Riddles thing is just a flashback for a story Bruce is telling Selina about some dumb thing he did in the past.

What if the Jokes and Riddles thing is just a flashback for a story Bruce is telling Selina about some dumb thing he did in the past.

Bruce has referred a couple times to Salina and Bruce meeting, but I still wouldn't consider this issue a prelude because of one line of dialogue.

Haha is it? I'm not reading the book so I just made that up to be a smart ass

So what will Catwoman’s answer be? Don’t order wedding gifts from the Gotham Target registry just yet: In Batman No. 25 (out June 21) Batman tells Catwoman that before she marries him, he needs to tell her about his darkest moment.

“It’s like, ‘You think you know me, but you don’t know me until this,’ ” King says. “The actual answer will come after he reveals something he’s never revealed to anyone, and she has to decide whether that’s good or bad.”

Malyse

I LIKE YOU!
That's shocking! I mean, Thank you!

----
Nice of them to introduce Viv's future girlfriend in Champions

Why does Kamala never shape shift? The first thing she did was turn into Carol Danvers after she got her powers and she hasn't done it since.

VanWinkle

Okay, so Patrick Zircher posted a pic of the first Rebirth OHC deluxe edition (Action Comics). A few couple of things here get me pumped like crazy.

Firstly, PRINTED ART COVER BOARDS. YES. No crappy plain black cover boards. This will likely be indicative of how they will do it on Rebirth deluxe editions going forward.

Secondly, from what little we see of the dust jacket, it looks like they'll be using standard Rebirth branding and design, which will LIKELY mean consistent matching spines, like the Marvel NOW OHCS. YES.

Okay, so Patrick Zircher posted a pic of the first Rebirth OHC deluxe edition (Action Comics). A few couple of things here get me pumped like crazy.

Firstly, PRINTED ART COVER BOARDS. YES. No crappy plain black cover boards. This will likely be indicative of how they will do it on Rebirth deluxe editions going forward.

Secondly, from what little we see of the dust jacket, it looks like they'll be using standard Rebirth branding and design, which will LIKELY mean consistent matching spines, like the Marvel NOW OHCS. YES.

It's just the same as the ones they've done for All Star Batman and the crossover HCs like Night Of The Monster Men right? I have those two. It would have been weird if they'd done anything else and made those mismatch.

VanWinkle

It's just the same as the ones they've done for All Star Batman and the crossover HCs like Night Of The Monster Men right? I have those two. It would have been weird if they'd done anything else and made those mismatch.

Should have that same spine design. Keep in mind, though, All Star Batman and Night of the Monster Men are just regular hardcovers, not part of DC's oversized deluxe edition line. I was a little bit worrried, because all of DC's deluxe editions have different designs. Like, none of their New 52-era OHCs have the New 52 spine design from their trades and HCs. So part of me worried they would do the same here.

Glad to see they'll probably be sticking with their regular Rebirth design.

Messi

Consistent branding until they change branding mid runs?

We've seen their "meetings" in Rooftops unless they're going even further back.

Pretty sure they've mentioned specifically the first time they ever met twice which made me keep thinking it was going to come up during Jokes and Riddles.

Like this issue they refer to them first meeting when she stole the diamond and they disagree where they first met. It's the second time it's come up. That's what I was thinking the connection was going to be, like it would take place during Jokes and Riddles or something along those lines.

That looks good. Only small problem with this example - you'll have to read Action Comics.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am sad. I was supposed to get a call but it wont come in.
Also, I cant go shower because I have to wait next to the phone just to be disappointed in the end.

Zer0 Kane

Neo Member
Pretty sure they've mentioned specifically the first time they ever met twice which made me keep thinking it was going to come up during Jokes and Riddles.

Like this issue they refer to them first meeting when she stole the diamond and they disagree where they first met. It's the second time it's come up. That's what I was thinking the connection was going to be, like it would take place during Jokes and Riddles or something along those lines.

That was not King setting things up, he was referencing past stories. Bruce is remembering their meeting in Batman #1 and Catwoman is remembering them meeting in #404.

Top Bottom