• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

Sandfox

Amazing Spider-Man 28: WTF. So first off I'm mad Slott didn't show
Silver Sable's sword fight. Now what's with Spider-Man getting beat with the nerf stick and somehow not having his gas mask or EMP resistance built into his suit that I'm sure I saw earlier into this run? And are you really seriously trying to tell me Peter's not smart enough to put analog overrides in his web-shooters??? What a contrived way to last minute downgrade Peter's arsenal back to street-level for the Legacy relaunch (cus you know Slott is gonna have him say all this tech is ineffective and almost got me killed so I gotta go back to running around in my unarmored underroos).

Then Peter gets his ass beat by a depowered Norman Osborn even though he has super strength and martial arts training. Oh wow, look up in the sky, is it a bird, is it a plane? No, it's S.H.E.I.L.D. flying over to do jack shit. Just like Superior Spider-Man Slott mangles an otherwise great arc with a rushed, dumb ass ending.

Thankfully Deathstroke 20 was there to bring my spirits up. I love how
instead of just apologizing Slade is bullying everyone into accepting him back with the power of hastily memorized scripture.
The Walking Dead 168: I love Negan.
He looked genuinely dejected when the Saviors turned him down.
It was explained that
Norman used a bunch of chemicals to mess with Peter's powers.
So what was hot today
Guardians and Nova for me so far. Duggan had me sold based on interviews, but this week he showed his hand a bit on the page and it was crazy.

caliph95

Just, why not use Hummingbird?
Marvel:
5tCjged.gif

No one read Scarlet Spider and New Warriors

dan2026

Amazing Spider-Man 28: WTF. So first off I'm mad Slott didn't show
Silver Sable's sword fight. Now what's with Spider-Man getting beat with the nerf stick and somehow not having his gas mask or EMP resistance built into his suit that I'm sure I saw earlier into this run? And are you really seriously trying to tell me Peter's not smart enough to put analog overrides in his web-shooters??? What a contrived way to last minute downgrade Peter's arsenal back to street-level for the Legacy relaunch (cus you know Slott is gonna have him say all this tech is ineffective and almost got me killed so I gotta go back to running around in my unarmored underroos).

Then Peter gets his ass beat by a depowered Norman Osborn even though he has super strength and martial arts training. Oh wow, look up in the sky, is it a bird, is it a plane? No, it's S.H.E.I.L.D. flying over to do jack shit. Just like Superior Spider-Man Slott mangles an otherwise great arc with a rushed, dumb ass ending.

Thankfully Deathstroke 20 was there to bring my spirits up. I love how
instead of just apologizing Slade is bullying everyone into accepting him back with the power of hastily memorized scripture.
The Walking Dead 168: I love Negan.
He looked genuinely dejected when the Saviors turned him down.
I haven't really been keeping up with Spider-Man. Does Norman still not know Peter is Spider-Man?

Malyse

Iceman was super good! I didn't care about that character but I'm in for this story.

I wish America was this good. I'm still mad about that book being terrible.

So far the X line has been pretty solid

Love: X-Blue, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Iceman
Like: X-Gold, Weapon X
Dislike: Generation X, Cable

Not reading Logan cause i dun curr

Just Astonishing left to go.

Messi

Iceman was super good! I didn't care about that character but I'm in for this story.

I wish America was this good. I'm still mad about that book being terrible.

So far the X line has been pretty solid

Love: X-Blue, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Iceman
Like: X-Gold, Weapon X
Dislike: Generation X, Cable

Not reading Logan cause i dun curr

Just Astonishing left to go.

Logans the best of the bunch btw.

Whoa, that twist at the end of Monstress v1! That was a fun (and gorgeous) volume. I loved how organic the slow reveal of the scope of the world feels. Also, why is Kippa sticking around. I dread her fate in the rest of the series...

Messi

Whoa, that twist at the end of Monstress v1! That was a fun (and gorgeous) volume. I loved how organic the slow reveal of the scope of the world feels. Also, why is Kippa sticking around. I dread her fate in the rest of the series...

I don't think she has anyone else :(

Malyse

Logans the best of the bunch btw.

Still not reading it. I have enough to catch up on.

Jessica Jones looks like it's going interesting places. Alas poor Nova. What is Paper Girls even? Every issue I read makes me want to reread all the previous ones.

----

Hey. What's on your "why am I still reading this?" List?

caliph95

Still not reading it. I have enough to catch up on.

Jessica Jones looks like it's going interesting places. Alas poor Nova. What is Paper Girls even? Every issue I read makes me want to reread all the previous ones.

----

Hey. What's on your "why am I still reading this?" List?
No idea just enjoying the ride and taking in all the time travel nonsense that may make sense eventually

Wanderer5

Going to be seeing WW in a few hours. Time to see how it goes!

I did finish up Legend of Wonder Woman this morning, and overall I like it, even through there were a few times that felt bit of a slog. Too bad part 2 is not coming around.

So this was originally a digital series, and split up into more parts?

ElNarez

Banned
I thought Iceman was the biggest bummer of the week but then I hit Divided States of Hysteria and man oh man. You come in expecting to see a master at work, and you get, like, 50% of that, and the other 50% is heavily touched up 3D renders and photographic reference. The theme is inspired (America's hubris blows up in its face in an orgy of gore and fucking), but the execution is rote as all hell, and the essay in the backmatter shows Chaykin has absolutely no goddamn understanding of the dynamics at play and so any statement he makes ends up garbled, confused, and not corresponding to any reality anyone can see.

It's Bummer City.

J_Viper

Question about Transformers comics. There's a digital sale going on Amazon.

$53 for the full More Than Meets the Eye run and $38 for the full Robots in Disguise run

Is this the lowest they've gone for, and is that a fair price?

Malyse

So, Spider-Man/Deadpool is not ending?

I really want Lana Bombshell to blow up. I love that character design with my everything.

ElNarez

Banned
Jessica Jones was infuriating, and at first it was in the cool "haha, you made a great fucking goof you absolute fucker" way, and then it was in the "god fucking damnit break your dialogue up, use panels you absolute fucker, it's a visual medium" way.

I'm pretty sure this is on no one's radar, but Magnus #1 was pretty amazing and gave me some King's Vision vibes. Check it out if you've got a few dollars to spare.

Deathstroke is a book about things other than the thing it's about and that's pretty dope.

Also holy shit but
this team
is going to be the most dysfunctional assemblage of people in the history of comics, and that's saying a fucking lot.

caliph95

I'm pretty sure this is on no one's radar, but Magnus #1 was pretty amazing and gave me some King's Vision vibes. Check it out if you've got a few dollars to spare.
Already In

Never finished Magnus reboot will i need to finish that or just Sovereign
Deathstroke is a book about things other than the thing it's about and that's pretty dope.

Also holy shit but
this team
is going to be the most dysfunctional assemblage of people in the history of comics, and that's saying a fucking lot.
And it's going to be amazing

Already In

Never finished Magnus reboot will i need to finish that or just Sovereign

No. This is disconnected from the Van Lente Magnus, Gold Key Alliance, and Sovereigns. They've hinted at a connection with Sovereigns, but it's not become apparent and these are two entirely different Magnus.

This is the third time Dynamite has rebooted these characters lol

ElNarez

Banned

Also holy shit but
this team

I love how willing to get deep into what it's examining the book is. Like, yeah, let's talk about Christianity, for real, no shortcuts, no metaphors, just, let's examine that shit.

Question about Transformers comics. There's a digital sale going on Amazon.

$53 for the full More Than Meets the Eye run and $38 for the full Robots in Disguise run

Is this the lowest they've gone for, and is that a fair price?
I don't know about the lowest but that seems like a pretty fair price. They've included some of it in humble bundles but not the whole run.

MTMTE is really good from what I read too. Beyond the usual "good for licensed" stuff too. It's a great team comic.

Malyse

At least Viv has a friend
For now 😗

Still like not love X-Gold. I hope Wasp isn't going to break my heart with another Riri. And the Steve Trevor book was quite good. Done with everything that didn't go straight to backlog. Now to grind through all of Injustice, Bombshells, and Doc Strange.

caliph95

I don't know about the lowest but that seems like a pretty fair price. They've included some of it in humble bundles but not the whole run.

MTMTE is really good from what I read too. Beyond the usual "good for licensed" stuff too. It's a great team comic.
MTME is way better than it has any right to be and if you only want to read one tf comic just read that

Messi

Jessica Jones was infuriating, and at first it was in the cool "haha, you made a great fucking goof you absolute fucker" way, and then it was in the "god fucking damnit break your dialogue up, use panels you absolute fucker, it's a visual medium" way.

I loved it.

Messi

Iceman was pretty good and I'll definitely be continuing with it. I can see some cool things happening with the character based on this issue.

Yeah, I've heard good things about the latest issue.

I was smiling ear to ear and some of the stuff in the middle and Bendis writes such a likeable Jessica.

I love how willing to get deep into what it's examining the book is. Like, yeah, let's talk about Christianity, for real, no shortcuts, no metaphors, just, let's examine that shit.

Yeah, it's pretty refreshing. It's... I guess I'd call it a simile, rather than a metaphor. "This thing is like that thing, so let's discuss that thing directly to put this thing in context."

PsychBat!

Banned
I had no idea there was a new Vader ongoing. First issue was pretty good.

EDIT: omg, I really am liking this new GotG book. I don't know if I'm just relieved that Bendis isn't writing it anymore or what but damn I'm enjoying this.

Messi

EDIT: omg, I really am liking this new GotG book. I don't know if I'm just relieved that Bendis isn't writing it anymore or what but damn I'm enjoying this.

It's legit good imo.

Sandfox

More has already happened in Duggan's run than all of the Bendis run. It's also clear that he's familiar with the older cosmic stuff.

One weird thing in the new issue though
is that Duggan retconned Gamora's new origin to the one she had under Starlin.

J_Viper

MTME is way better than it has any right to be and if you only want to read one tf comic just read that

Thanks fellas, I'll check it out

Is the new Vader book a continuation of the last series or more ANH retread?

New GotG has been really fun so far. I started it the other day. The art in today's issue threw me off a bit, though. Is the artist from the first two issues coming back?

caliph95

New GotG has been really fun so far. I started it the other day. The art in today's issue threw me off a bit, though. Is the artist from the first two issues coming back?
Right after ROTS and basically Anakin transitioning after wearing the armor to Darth Vader

Messi

Yes. Irving was chosen specifically because of the content of the issue

Sandfox

The book is going to alternate between the present day and character specific flashbacks to explain what they've been up to since the Bendis run ended for the first few issues. Each of these flashback stories will have a guest art with Samnee doing Star-Lord and Smallwood doing Drax.

Darth Vader is supposed to be a year one story.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Oh, Tom King just spoiled Batman 24, I didn't think I'd have to worry about him posting spoilers on Twitter...

Top Bottom