• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Gotta dodge those Batman 24 spoilers until volume 3 of the TPB is released.
giphy.gif

That was not King setting things up, he was referencing past stories. Bruce is remembering their meeting in Batman #1 and Catwoman is remembering them meeting in #404.

If it was just this issue, that's fine I would accept that. But this is the second time, with almost identical dialogue, and we've only really seen these two together like this in 3 issues. Two identical references within three issues kinda seems less like a reference to me.

This fucking Red Hood gear:

oeqATo7.png

They're doing our boy justice.

I won't be happy until they redo the Wayne family painting in Bruce's study to include Jason.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Vader #1 was pretty good.

Gone is the terrible art of the last comic, and this new artist draws a pretty badass and fluid Vader. I especially enjoy the way he draws all the fabric on his costume.

hmm, The Doom That Came to Gotham did improve quite a lot on the last leg, especially when mignola ran outta fucks to give and started writing it with gobs of deadpan comedy. Worth the read.

still firmly hellboy-lite tho

Hahah this pretty much translates as "Despite the valiant comics".
Lol pretty much. I'll give them a try maybe if I get the bundle. Wouldn't be any time soon though.
Anything in the top tier you've heard about? That's kind of where my expertise of this ends.
I actually haven't really heard much of any of them. I do want to try Hot Dog Taste Test, Kramers, and Uptight just off the previews though. I do think it's a shame that Megg and Mogg In Amsterdam wasn't included in this cause that was really good.

Owzers

I want to read more Deadly class now :/
i don't like the super ominous fate remender is setting up for Saya, ugh.

Which is better Abe sapien or Baltimore after finishing BPRD
Visitor does look good

Well Abe is a companion series that runs alongside Hell On Earth and fills in some really interesting pieces of the overall lore, some long running mysteries, including Abe's actual full origin. It's just a really nice thoughtful people centric angle on the Apocalypse too.

Baltimore is great though, and totally self contained. I would read Abe while BPRD is fresh in mind, but there's no wrong choice there. I think Baltimore literally finished up this week in monthlies.

caliph95

Well Abe is a companion series that runs alongside Hell On Earth and fills in some really interesting pieces of the overall lore, some long running mysteries, including Abe's actual full origin. It's just a really nice thoughtful people centric angle on the Apocalypse too.

Baltimore is great though, and totally self contained. I would read Abe while BPRD is fresh in mind, but there's no wrong choice there. I think Baltimore literally finished up this week in monthlies.
Thanks something to keep in mind, what's the difference in kind of series they are

Zer0 Kane

Neo Member
If it was just this issue, that's fine I would accept that. But this is the second time, with almost identical dialogue, and we've only really seen these two together like this in 3 issues. Two identical references within three issues kinda seems less like a reference to me.

I see what you're saying, but in this issue it was only two sentences that were there to set up
the ring

I really liked the art in this issue. The Clay Mann pages with Gotham Girl were really good.

For as much hate as King's run has gotten, I have like it quite a bit.

mreddie

Champions introduced another new Latina hero despite the fact they have a lot of those and she's literally Chapulin Colorado aka Great American Hero but in Mexico.

Sandfox

https://comicstore.marvel.com/Vision-Directors-Cut-2017-1-of-6/digital-comic/45011

Uh, director's cut? That's weird but I wanna say that's not the first time I've heard of a director's cut for a comic.

Are they not releasing a deluxe edition with all 12 issues of Vision? Looked around and couldn't find one. It'd be even weirder if they didn't have one of those planned but they did these director's cuts.
They will probably release one down the road.
Champions introduced another new Latina hero despite the fact they have a lot of those and she's literally Chapulin Colorado aka Great American Hero but in Mexico.
Marvel needs more Hispanic heroes imo. I remember we were discussing that here a while back.

dan2026

Deadly Class 28

Huh I did have feeling they'd go for the
I am so skilled I missed all your vital organs gig.

I felt it in my water.

Didn't expect
Maria to be alive though.

It's good though because
she is the best girl.

And of course Babyteeh was sold out at my LCS. At least I am not super sold on the concept yet.

It was something like this that actually pushed me into the digital future to begin with. One week, the book I was looking forward to was in a box that didn't show up at my LCS until the following day. But I wanted to read it so much that I just bought the digital version. It was then I saw how convenient just buying books digitally was.

Amazing Spider-Man 28: WTF. So first off I'm mad Slott didn't show
Silver Sable's sword fight. Now what's with Spider-Man getting beat with the nerf stick and somehow not having his gas mask or EMP resistance built into his suit that I'm sure I saw earlier into this run? And are you really seriously trying to tell me Peter's not smart enough to put analog overrides in his web-shooters??? What a contrived way to last minute downgrade Peter's arsenal back to street-level for the Legacy relaunch (cus you know Slott is gonna have him say all this tech is ineffective and almost got me killed so I gotta go back to running around in my unarmored underroos).

Then Peter gets his ass beat by a depowered Norman Osborn even though he has super strength and martial arts training. Oh wow, look up in the sky, is it a bird, is it a plane? No, it's S.H.E.I.L.D. flying over to do jack shit. Just like Superior Spider-Man Slott mangles an otherwise great arc with a rushed, dumb ass ending.

Thankfully Deathstroke 20 was there to bring my spirits up. I love how
instead of just apologizing Slade is bullying everyone into accepting him back with the power of hastily memorized scripture.
The Walking Dead 168: I love Negan.
He looked genuinely dejected when the Saviors turned him down.

why do you say it like its a bad thing?

Iceman interview with The Advocate: http://www.advocate.com/arts-entertainment/2017/6/07/marvel-comics-gay-iceman-cometh
I still need to read the book when I get home.

Edit: the comments to the tweet about it is people complaining about his sexuality being a part of the comic...

legit wondered what the hell squirrel-girl was doing in that ship with that silly x-costume.

Top Bottom