• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

Wanderer5

Do these sell out pretty fast? I seriously want that Thor but I need to wait a bit. Are they limited runs? Seems like that Deadpool and Wolverine Artfx statues have been out for awhile and are still in stock, but Thor is listed as almost out of stock and doesnt look like any more are coming.

As far I can tell, least most of these tends to hang around for quite a bit. Not exactly sure about Thor through, but maybe she be around at other sellers.

Impressions now! Seeing some pics of her, I do kind of wish her belt was a brighter color, but it looks like she turned out great overall.

She's really cute. She looks exactly like the prototype. Her dull color palette means she doesn't draw the eye the way some of the other Marvel bishoujos like Green/Red She-Hulk do, but she's adorable, and the inclusion of Tippy-Toe really makes the piece come together. Though it's not necessary, there is a peg on the base and a small slot for it in one of her knees. They handled it much better than the tab/base situation for bishoujo Mystique.

Really liking the start of the new Guardians of the Galaxy series. I like how Kruder draws Gamora and Rocket

Sexy green space lady and sexy raccoon?

Finished Simone's Secret Six (2008), and boy I liked it even more than the first time. My only issue was Jeanette. Aside from being just a genuinely good character in design, personality, backstory, and power set, she seems pointless as to the overall story. Every character has an arc, and yes they ultimately don't change, but there is an arc. She doesn't really have one, despite having the prison arc with the Amazons focused on her, it doesn't feel like anything comes of it, aside from "I hate Amazons and prisons." Which she already shares with Deadshot, Scandal (who she befriended in prison), and Bane.

Also King Shark, while entertaining as all hell, just feels added in for the sake of having a big, dumb funny guy. And while it works, there's nothing else there. No nuance.
I can assure you that I am completely correct
Soule was right though.

It is indeed rad as shit

Wanderer5

She's really cute. She looks exactly like the prototype. Her dull color palette means she doesn't draw the eye the way some of the other Marvel bishoujos like Green/Red She-Hulk do, but she's adorable, and the inclusion of Tippy-Toe really makes the piece come together. Though it's not necessary, there is a peg on the base and a small slot for it in one of her knees. They handled it much better than the tab/base situation for bishoujo Mystique.

Good to hear. Still need to wait some more, but I don't mind. A peg for her to be on the base does seem unnecessary through heh. What did Mystique had?

What did Mystique had?

A disaster. She was another kneeling figure. Her base was transparent and way too big. Then she had tabs on the undersides of her dress flaps, but they didn't stay in the base slots because the PVC was set at a different angle than her legs from the knees down. She was one of the older Marvel bishoujos and Kotobukiya has evolved far beyond having QC problems like that, but it was a thing.

Really looking forward to bishoujo Kamala in August.

Wanderer5

A disaster. She was another kneeling figure. Her base was transparent and way too big. Then she had tabs on the undersides of her dress flaps, but they didn't stay in the base slots because the PVC was set at a different angle than her legs from the knees down. She was one of the older Marvel bishoujos and Kotobukiya has evolved far beyond having QC problems like that, but it was a thing.

Really looking forward to bishoujo Kamala in August.

Ah how unfortunate, but hey good that they definitely improved on that.

Vic_Viper

Yeah, so far most of Grant Morrison's Batman run has been super forgettable. Volume 1 was decent but that's mostly because of the art, volume 2 had a pretty terrible story and art that was really uninteresting and volume 3 is only decent so far because of the great art.

Also, British Batman and Robin and that zombie Batman are corny as fuck.

[edit]

That's Batman and Robin volumes, by the way.

All the Batman Black Glove and RIP are stuff are, dare I say, kinda shitty? Everything about Black Glove is goofy.

I cant tell if this guy is serious or not lol but this is straight blasphemy! Vol 1 of Batman and Robin is uninteresting? Batman RIP is kinda shitty? This has to be a troll.

I can understand that Morrison isnt for everyone but RIP is as basic a story as you can get compared to his crazier stuff. Let me guess, he thinks King's Batman is the best thing since DKR.

As far I can tell, least most of these tends to hang around for quite a bit. Not exactly sure about Thor through, but maybe she be around at other sellers.

Where is the best place to buy? Amazon? I swear she was like 50$ on release, but now shes up to 74$

Messi

I cant tell if this guy is serious or not lol but this is straight blasphemy! Vol 1 of Batman and Robin is uninteresting? Batman RIP is kinda shitty? This has to be a troll.

I can understand that Morrison isnt for everyone but RIP is as basic a story as you can get compared to his crazier stuff. Let me guess, he thinks King's Batman is the best thing since DKR.

Where is the best place to buy? Amazon? I swear she was like 50$ on release, but now shes up to 74$

I didn't like what I read of Morrisons stuff either. I especially agree on Black Glove. Different strokes different folks.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

Why the hell are you talking to me like I can't read your post?

Bii

Read Vision #1-12. I don't know why I held off for so long but it was well worth the read.

Also, double experience for Overwatch this weekend!

Wanderer5

I don't know that many retailers honestly when it comes to figures, but Amazon does seem to be least one of the better places to check out this line. Thor was like $90 on release btw.:p

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
He is the new series artist as of the last two issues. New one this week too. Story's I'm a decent play too. But immonen is putting in WORK.

His stuff on Ultimate Spidey was amazing, too. I actually own a page from his run. He's very probably my favorite comic artist.

Messi

His stuff on Ultimate Spidey was amazing, too. I actually own a page from his run. He's very probably my favorite comic artist.

I loved his art on All New X-Men. Plus he is killing it here

STL037524.jpg

AmazingSpiderman271516.jpg

AmazingSpiderman270405.jpg

Godly

Vic_Viper

He is the new series artist as of the last two issues. New one this week too. Story's I'm a decent play too. But immonen is putting in WORK.

Have they given any indication as to how long he will be on it for? Ive read a bunch of interviews when it was announced he was coming on before #25 came out but they never talked about how long he will stay. Hope he stays longer than just one or two arcs because his work is just insane.

Cant find an image of the first few pages from #25 that I wanted but this is a good look too:

Amazing_Spider-Man_25_Preview_1.jpg

what issue is that

Thats the next issue, 27 I think

Sandfox

Have they given any indication as to how long he will be on it for? Ive read a bunch of interviews when it was announced he was coming on before #25 came out but they never talked about how long he will stay. Hope he stays longer than just one or two arcs because his work is just insane.

Cant find an image of the first few pages from #25 that I wanted but this is a good look too:

Amazing_Spider-Man_25_Preview_1.jpg

Thats the next issue, 27 I think
He's supposed to be the permanent artist with the previous one moving onto Darth Vader.

Owzers

Read low #1, not really liking it, the art perhaps fits the book but I find it lacking detail, the style blends into itself too much

Malyse

The Justice League prose novels are hilarious in the dumbest way. Most of them boil down to "the entire league save [titular hero] and Batman is incapacitated so the [titular hero] has to save the day, with some help from Batman". So far, Wonder Woman, Superman, Flash, and Green Lantern have done it and it looks like Batman is heading there too (Martian Manhunter seems to be replacing Batman in this scenario).

That being said, they are awfully fun novels.

All this talk about Immonen and all I can think is

Whedon Immonen FF
Whedon Immonen FF
Whedon Immonen FF
Looking forward to seeing Wonder Woman after all this praise I'm hearing. I think I'll revisit her classic run as a server at the Taco Whiz. Nothing beats coffee and spaghetti tacos, baby.

SPOILER ALERT:
Diana does take a temp job as a taco vendor in the film.

Wow, read the first two issues of All-New Guardians. Really fun stuff. Feels like it has the same tone going as the new Guardians game from Telltale.

Top Bottom