• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

The ask Greg website and the tie in comics he wrote. Dude is extremely thorough.

The JSA was also expanded to the All Star Squadron during WW2 and Diana actually joined that before the League was created in 2003 when the Applexians attacked.

Why does no one ever use the Applexian origin for the Justice League anymore? There's also some interesting lore bits like:

The Justice League has a rotating chair for the Leader that's elected every so often. Batman was only elected once in 2010 before Cap Atom replaced him in 2015.

Flash didn't accidentally get powers, he was always a huge fan of Jay and the first time he met him is when he was announcing his permanent retirement in 97. A year later Barry figured exactly how the chemcial explosion worked and safely recreated it, making himself the next Flash.

Barry's the oldest non-immortal JL founder at 40. The JL has a UN contract which means they can't operate in certain countries. It's also what keeps the police off of Batman.

I'm kinda surprised that DC hasn't done any spinoffs in this universe yet but I suppose it wouldn't work without Vietti's and Weisman's oversight.

Oh shit. That's dope. Gonna have to look into this

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a few months behind on Giant Days, but Susan is making moves up the list (Daisy's still at the top for now).

M1L1T9z.jpg

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
She dethroned Daisy way back in
issue #1

As long as we all agree that it's not Esther.

I mean the poison ivy and wonder woman art posted previously, they make for good wallpaper. Currently using the Adam Hughes Harley cover sketch variant #1 thing as my wallpaper.

Oh, damn. I didn't see that. That's great.

He's been posting a ton of his Wonder Woman art, and he's just amazing.

tkscz

She's written pretty great too. Until maybe this newest issue where I think it goes a little funky.

I'm really thrown off by her just accepting a new puppy as an OK from Deathstroke and not knowing automatically that Slade is just using her religion against her. It really throws me off and makes it seem really weird to me. Did she just not care much for that first dog? God damn.

I do think she would want to "fix" Slade. I think she'd want to try and help him turn over a new leaf, but the way it was written in this issue kind of bothers me. This issue as a whole I feel was written a little weird compared to the rest of Deathstroke to this point.

Well they kind of written themselves into a corner and had to use what was there to make it at the very least somewhat believable. Besides
it took more than quotes and the puppy to convince her.

Well they kind of written themselves into a corner and had to use what was there to make it at the very least somewhat believable. Besides
it took more than quotes and the puppy to convince her.

The way it is written makes me think Priest wrote it so that if you never read the issues before you wouldn't even know why she is mad at him. They never even say why he's giving her a dog, it just looks like a gift. It more seems like she's mad because she figures out his real identity more than anything else.

Launchpad:
In advance of September solicitations and full details on their upcoming Bloodshot Salvation series by writer Jeff Lemire and artists Lewis LaRosa & Mico Suayan, Valiant has announced a twist on their ever-evolving “pre-order bundle” program, most recently seen implemented on titles like X-O Manowar and Secret Weapons.

Readers that commit to pre-ordering the first year’s worth of Bloodshot Salvation — 12 total issues, to be released monthly beginning in September — in advance by the initial date for issue #1 on July 27th won’t just get an extra 8 pages of pages of expanded back-up content in each issue… They’ll also get the Bloodshot Salvation #1 Rampage Redux – a “raw, black-and-white” version of the series’ first issue with multiple special features including “Top-Secret Mission Reports,” “The Biology of Bloodshot,” “Bloodshot’s Body Count,” and “The Complete History of Bloodshot.”

The Bloodshot Salvation #1 Rampage Redux will come polybagged with the first Bloodshot Salvation pre-order edition, slated to arrive in stores on September 20th. Valiant also notes that, just like the pre-order editions themselves, the Bloodshot Salvation #1 Rampage Redux will not be made available for individual sale “or offered in subsequent solicitations.”

So completists take note: Either reserve Valiant’s Bloodshot Salvation #1-12 Pre-Order Edition Bundle by July 27th…or forever hold your peace. (Or check eBay.)

Fresh off an Eisner Award nomination for Jeff Lemire’s previous work on the character, Bloodshot Salvation is already being framed as the publisher’s biggest new series since the 90,000-plus launch of X-O Manowar earlier this year. Set across two timelines that bridge the present and future, the series will introduce “a massive new cast of villains” to the Valiant mythology, along with a major new character: Jessie, Bloodshot’s daughter, who recently first appeared in Valiant’s 2017 Free Comic Book Day issue. Here’s the official synopsis:

From New York Times best-selling writer Jeff Lemire (BLOODSHOT REBORN, Moon Knight) and extraordinary artists Lewis LaRosa (BLOODSHOT REBORN) & Mico Suayan (BLOODSHOT REBORN), a bloody and vengeful new era for Valiant’s Eisner Award-nominated Bloodshot saga begins this September as Ray Garrison escapes his violent past to build the one thing he never thought he’d earn: a family. But when a hateful secret from his true love’s past threatens their fragile peace, Bloodshot will be forced to run headlong into a barrage of blood, bullets, and broken bones for a revenge-fueled assault that will have crushing consequences for those he holds most dear…

His sacrifice will be her salvation.

Now: In the arms of his beloved girlfriend Magic, Bloodshot has finally found hope for the future…in the form of the couple’s unborn child. But when Magic’s estranged family – a cruel and sadistic clan of homegrown criminals – re-emerge to lay claim to their lost daughter, Bloodshot will be pushed back to the brink of madness, mayhem, and warfare…

Soon: Eight years from today, Bloodshot’s daughter has inherited her father’s incredible abilities. Hunted by a high-tech kill squad called Omen, Jessie must hone her powers…and learn how to survive before the world is swallowed whole by the darkness that now pervades America…

Bloodshot Salvation #1, the Bloodshot Salvation #1 Pre-Order Edition, and the Bloodshot Salvation #1 Rampage Redux will arrive in stores on September 20th from Valiant Entertainment.

Hey, that's pretty cool. I'm a digital man, but I may get this bundle.

Also, the interesting bit of news is that Salvation is going to be the new Bloodshot ongoing. I think with all the Marvel stuff Lemire was on, he pulled back on some writing duties at Valiant, but he's free now.

Hopefully the Moon Knight team gets back together for Shadowman in March :D

I didn't know there was a new Darth Vader series. I liked Gillen's run but my biggest gripe was its art. This one looks better and I generally like Soule better than Gillen so I'm looking forward but the branding/numbering is kinda annoying. But hey, comics.

Whoooooooo got my Sunstone calendar from Amazon. They shipped it in the massive box with 8,000 air packets. I was wondering what the fuck it could be.

Weiss

Banned
Oh wow Doom Patrol is amazing. It's a perfect successor to the Morrison run and carves out its own identity at the same time. Can't wait to try out Shade.

Please don't tell me it's cancelled.

Also, what are the good Rebirth books? So far I have on my watchlist Superdad, Teen Titans and Blue Beetle. Are Flash and Wonder Woman any good?

Oh wow Doom Patrol is amazing. It's a perfect successor to the Morrison run and carves out its own identity at the same time. Can't wait to try out Shade.

Please don't tell me it's cancelled.

Also, what are the good Rebirth books? So far I have on my watchlist Superdad, Teen Titans and Blue Beetle. Are Flash and Wonder Woman any good?

Although it pains me enormously to say it... you might want to wait on Blue Beetle. At least until this arc is over.

Wonder Woman is good. Detective Comics is GREAT. Batman is... divisive but I'd call it excellent, at least after the first arc. Titans is schlocky fun. Deathstroke is superb but also kind of hard to read, you'll want to get this one in trades.

Wonder Woman is good. Detective Comics is GREAT. Batman is... divisive but I'd call it excellent, at least after the first arc. Titans is schlocky fun. Deathstroke is superb but also kind of hard to read, you'll want to get this one in trades.

This is a good post. Batman, TEC, Wonder Woman and Deathstroke are the crem de la crem for me with Rebirth so far. Totally agree on Batman too, vol 1 is like okay but vol 2, right in the veins please.

Such madness you fallen into!

(She does pretty nice)

Four-hundred and fifty United States dollars for a 1/5 scale. Madness. If I have one complaint about Sideshow besides their pricing...and their seemingly random QC issues.... it's that a lot of their pieces just have boring poses. This one isn't the most exciting, but it's a gorgeous piece and it works for her.

Wanderer5

Four-hundred and fifty United States dollars for a 1/5 scale. Madness. If I have one complaint about Sideshow besides their pricing...and their seemingly random QC issues.... it's that a lot of their pieces just have boring poses. This one isn't the most exciting, but it's a gorgeous piece and it works for her.

Sheesh, isn't something like Lady Thor or Wonder Woman movie ver $500 and 1/4 scale? That seems so expensive for a 1/5. D:

caliph95

How is the Wonder Woman Azzarello & Finch run?

Seems like it's on sale for a decent price
Azzarello is good as long as you are okay with the dark interpretation of the Amazons but the run itself is good and has great art
I've heard nothing good about Finch's run

Messi

Whoooooooo got my Sunstone calendar from Amazon. They shipped it in the massive box with 8,000 air packets. I was wondering what the fuck it could be.

Apparently the calendars are sold out and they can't do a second printing without a load of hassle and they don't have enough to cover orders :(

Matt Hawkins said:
So the story behind this Sunstone calendar is that we almost killed it multiple times before going to press and Stjepan Šejić deserves some props for sticking to how he wanted it done.

If you look at the calendar it's not a normal size. So printing it was a challenge. We were also strongly encouraged to push it out to the normal calendar solicitation windows which would have meant this would have been a 2018 only calendar and not out until the Fall.

It's more of a litho book with some calendar dates on it than anything. So Elena Salcedo and I went to bat with what Stjepan wanted to do to try and figure how we could get the thing printed and get it to market when he wanted it out.

We figured that out, Vince Longo designed it after Stjepan did a ton of new images for it. Then we took pre-orders and then doubled that number for what we printed. With advance reorders and further amazon sales, etc the calendar was sold out before it ever shipped...and I've been told there are backorders that we won't be able to fulfill. Which sucks, sorry if you miss it! These were not cheap to print and the window to get it printed is long so going back to press is not really an option.

So live and learn! This is the first calendar we've put out in a long, long time and the previous ones were actually published by a calendar company.

It really is an amazing calendar full of amazing artwork. If you're lucky enough to be able to own one, enjoy!

Top Bottom