• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

I'm excited, my main complaint about King's Batman so far was that it all seemed like it had been done before. This will give him something new to work with (until they undo it and pretend that it never happened).

But you know that
Selina will say no and it will all have been a massive cocktease. This is seriously some bullshit I would expect from Marvel.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
But you know that
Selina will say no and it will all have been a massive cocktease. This is seriously some bullshit I would expect from Marvel.

I think
she will say no, at first, but I think she comes around. It's not too interesting a story if it's just another thing that makes him sad.

I think
she will say no, at first, but I think she comes around. It's not too interesting a story if it's just another thing that makes him sad.

I'm throwing a curve ball and think
Batman will have a change of heart in the time of Dark Night and Forge and whatever else takes place in the mean time. Like she'll have to think about it and he will change his mind.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I'm throwing a curve ball and think
Batman will have a change of heart in the time of Dark Night and Forge and whatever else takes place in the mean time. Like she'll have to think about it and he will change his mind.

That'd be interesting.
And, if it were him that reconsiders, I'm sure she'll be on the way to telling him yes when he tells her that he's changed his mind.

Vic_Viper

Uncanny Avengers is on my list right after I finish X-Force but I'm also trying to catch up with Aaron's Thor. Not super interested in AXIS, however, with my backlog.

I was wary of Rage of Ultron because I haven't liked a modern Ultron story in a while but I'll give it a look after I'm done with Uncanny Avengers.

I actually really like Remender's Cap. It was very different from Brubaker, which was nice after having him on it for years.

Think of Axis as part of Uncanny Avengers. If you finish UA and want to see then end of some of the overarching storylines then give it a chance. I wouldnt write it off just because of the negative feedback it gets on here. But I completely understand if you still dont want to touch it after finishing UA.

Im right there with you on Aaron's Thor. Working on starting the second HC currently myself. Such a cool story that I never expected to enjoy as much as I am. Never been a huge Thor fan until Jane Thor but reading through the God of Thunder run has seriously changed my opinion of him.

Going to go back an re-read Remender's Cap book and also check out the series he wrote after with Falcon Cap. I was not a fan of Falcon taking over as Cap at the time and never gave it a chance. I think his Cap story, especially the Dimension Z arc, is going to actually play a big role in Secret Empire.

I'm excited, my main complaint about King's Batman so far was that it all seemed like it had been done before. This will give him something new to work with (until they undo it and pretend that it never happened).

This was exactly my main complaint also. I dropped it after the Gotham Man arc so I cant speak for the rest of the run, but I was very dissapointed with the book at the time.

War of Jokes and Riddles sneak peak at Janin's flashback!Catwoman:
db5ng9-xoaeaypdc3rt7.jpg

That'd be interesting.
And, if it were him that reconsiders, I'm sure she'll be on the way to telling him yes when he tells her that he's changed his mind.

Granted, this is mainly my theory due to another of my theories:
The whole Flashpoint thing during The Button was fake and only made by Manhattan or whoever as a way to stop Batman from being Batman. If Batman finds this out he could suddenly want to question his motives for the decision.

Sandfox

Vic_Viper

What is the best Mercy costume and Pharah costume. Asking for a particular reason, need advice.

The Mecha costumes for Pharah are so sick. First off they fit her character and abilities and second they look so badass. I use her more now then I ever have after getting her mech costume. So sick!

Think of Axis as part of Uncanny Avengers. If you finish UA and want to see then end of some of the overarching storylines then give it a chance. I wouldnt write it off just because of the negative feedback it gets on here. But I completely understand if you still dont want to touch it after finishing UA.

In that case I will consider it. Thanks!

Im right there with you on Aaron's Thor. Working on starting the second HC currently myself. Such a cool story that I never expected to enjoy as much as I am. Never been a huge Thor fan until Jane Thor but reading through the God of Thunder run has seriously changed my opinion of him.

Yeah, I picked up Aaron's run because I liked his Black Panther Secret Invasion and fell in love with it. One of my favourite modern Marvel runs tbh.

Going to go back an re-read Remender's Cap book and also check out the series he wrote after with Falcon Cap. I was not a fan of Falcon taking over as Cap at the time and never gave it a chance. I think his Cap story, especially the Dimension Z arc, is going to actually play a big role in Secret Empire.

Would be interesting but I haven't picked up a Cap book since Remender's run. I hear Spencer's run is quite... controversial.

dh4niel

Wonder if Marvel will be bringing back Cyclopes with Generations/Legacy. I'll be happy with just Logan coming back, but since Jean is probably coming too it would be nice to see the 2 of them together again.

Jean is coming back (not sure how though). Logan and Scott should stay dead, awhile longer at least.

Just wrapped up Godbomb in Thor. Really good stuff. The big fight scene felt like a big shounen battle in some ways. Now I'm on the Malekith stuff, which I have never heard anyone talk about, and it's pretty good too! Good investment with the Amazon sale that ended.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I also think that Bendis is best read in trade form.

Not all that much tends to happen in a single issue, but if you read a couple at a time, then you get more of a sense of what he's going for.

Owzers

Bendis is best on MU where you aren't sinking money into stories that don't go anywhere, you're only wasting your time that could be spent playing overwatch.

Messi

Bendis is best on MU where you aren't sinking money into stories that don't go anywhere, you're only wasting your time that could be spent playing overwatch.

I don't agree with this at all.

Bendis is writing 3 of the best Marvel books right now

Inb4 'it's a low bar'

Bendis is alright... but that's it, he's alright. I didn't like his X-Men or GotG runs or House of M, Age of Ultron, Civil War II... I absolutely love his Daredevil with Maleev but it's been a while. Needless to say, I was disappointed when I found out he was on the new Avengers.

Top Bottom