• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

ElNarez

Banned
Fuck you, Howard Chaykin.

yeah turns out when the premise of your book is "what if the right-wing discourse about minorities was real (and blew up in america's face)", you run the risk of repeating that shit verbatim, and apparently that makes your work look like a hate screed? who knew, save from literally anyone with a knowledge of media ever?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Re-reading Tom King's Batman since I bought trades 1 and 2.

Issue one hits me hard when
he asks Alfred if his mom and dad would be proud and if this is a good death.
Great stuff there.

Even though I prefer Mikel Janin to David Finch, I think Finch still draws a great Batman, and his art doesn't feel like a downgrade.

yeah turns out when the premise of your book is "what if the right-wing discourse about minorities was real (and blew up in america's face)", you run the risk of repeating that shit verbatim, and apparently that makes your work look like a hate screed? who knew, save from literally anyone with a knowledge of media ever?

I'm not even sure what this book is supposed to be yet. Is it supposed to be a satirical take on politics like the most recent Prez series, only way way way way worse? Prez was pretty much flawless. This....

So Chaykin isn't backing down, people are gonna pick up the book more now.

Oy vey.

Well, obviously. You create controversy and you get publicity. Publicity = $$$$$$$$$$. He knows what he's doing.

The fact they got him to do one of those Pride variant covers is pretty mind-boggling.

caliph95

I'm not even sure what this book is supposed to be yet. Is it supposed to be a satirical take on politics like the most recent Prez series, only way way way way worse? Prez was pretty much flawless. This....

Well, obviously. You create controversy and you get publicity. Publicity = $$$$$$$$$$. He knows what he's doing.

The fact they got him to do one of those Pride variant covers is pretty mind-boggling.
So what you are saying is that marvel should have kept the artist on Gold

Is this a Chaykin thing

ElNarez

Banned
I'm not even sure what this book is supposed to be yet. Is it supposed to be a satirical take on politics like the most recent Prez series, only way way way way worse? Prez was pretty much flawless. This.....

It's Chaykin doing the shock value thing updated to 2017. Sex and violence, with the addition of the wrong take on most of our contemporary issues. To the sad 45-year-olds who still read The Comics Journal, he's a provocateur, and to almost everyone else, he's Drunk Uncle complaining about the transgenders asking if they want their snapchat organic.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Watched two Fargo episodes instead of seeing the EA conference.
��
[edit]
Enjoying King's Batman run the second time around, however, it's funny seeing all these references to the monster men now that I know it's a crossover event, that's so shit that people recommend you skip, and then volume 2 is something completely different.

Re-reading Tom King's Batman since I bought trades 1 and 2.

Issue one hits me hard when
he asks Alfred if his mom and dad would be proud and if this is a good death.
Great stuff there.

I honestly think that's the only great moment of the entire run so far. I don't find the first issue remotely indicative of what comes after.

Unless we count the Rebirth one-shot as the true #1, in which case that sucks, too.

EA conference was super boring like it is every year

• Eh. Battlefront II and the new Need for Speed are on my radar.
  • A Way Out looks boring as shit. No one wants to be in prison. Not even if it's only in a game. I can't imagine spending the majority of the game in one.
  • New Bioware title looks like it could be promising, but it could go either way given that it's only a teaser. Just give me my new Dragon Age game already.

Messi

• A Way Out looks boring as shit. No one wants to be in prison. Not even if it's only in a game. I can't imagine spending the majority of the game in one.
  • New Bioware title looks like it could be promising, but it could go either way given that it's only a teaser. Just give me my new Dragon Age game already.

Good thing a large amount of it seems to be outside of the prison

- Want to buy Battlefront but it'll more than likely be dead on PC pretty quickly. Thanks Origin!
- I'll wait for Launchpad to find me another €8 copy of FIFA so I can play Journey II: Journey Harder.
- No interest in Need for Speed because I'm the only person on GAF who doesn't like Fast and Furious.
- Won't have anyone to play A Way Out with. Will buy the new Bioware game and never play it just like Inqusition and Andromeda.

A way out looks awesome. A must play for me. Need to find a co-op buddy for that.

First Need for speed game that interests me in forever. It's burnout F&F? I'm in
I'm going to do my best to hold out on buying BF2 until a deep discount sale. I know I won't play online multiplayer so I need to stop tricking myself into thinking I suddenly will. Now if the story mode is amazing I'd change my mind.

Messi

- Want to buy Battlefront but it'll more than likely be dead on PC pretty quickly. Thanks Origin!
- I'll wait for Launchpad to find me another €8 copy of FIFA so I can play Journey II: Journey Harder.
- No interest in Need for Speed because I'm the only person on GAF who doesn't like Fast and Furious.
- Won't have anyone to play A Way Out with. Will buy the new Bioware game and never play it just like Inqusition and Andromeda.

Can I go to Barcelona and put an end to Ronaldo.

Can I go to Barcelona and put an end to Ronaldo.

_95390528_ronaldobust.jpg

Messi

Is it just Madrid? I would guess it's like the part in Season 1 where
you get transferred to a Championship club, so you'd have more to pick from.

I just guessed it'd be Madrid because they got Ronaldo and you see him in a cutscene. Likely doing Madrids tapping up.

Started reading the X-Statix omnibus (X-Force #117,#118,#119).

#117 - Great introduction to all the characters. I've never encountered any of them before (and maybe they are completely new for this run) but just 21 pages to give all of them unique voices and set the tone of the world? So good. Can't wait to read more of every...

#117 last page - wtf

But seriously, I love how well we get a feel of these character quickly without them talking their character traits and motivations and reactions to each other to each while sounding like one might while talking to their therapist. The art/colouring is gorgeous.

Only nitpick, Milligan's spoilers in the foreword. -_-

Started reading the X-Statix omnibus (X-Force #117,#118,#119).

#117 - Great introduction to all the characters. I've never encountered any of them before (and maybe they are completely new for this run) but just 21 pages to give all of them unique voices and set the tone of the world? So good. Can't wait to read more of every...

#117 last page - wtf

But seriously, I love how well we get a feel of these character quickly without them talking their character traits and motivations and reactions to each other to each while sounding like one might while talking to their therapist. The art/colouring is gorgeous.

Only nitpick, Milligan's spoilers in the foreword. -_-

haha yuuuuuuuuup

the actual moment is still effective despite knowing what happens

Punisher MAX is one of my fave comics ever I think. About to finish the Ennis part of it and I’m bummed. I read the short run he did on Marvel Knights Punisher too. Think it’s time I read Preacher now. Any other good Punisher books by the way?

mreddie

Punisher MAX is one of my fave comics ever I think. About to finish the Ennis part of it and I’m bummed. I read the short run he did on Marvel Knights Punisher too. Think it’s time I read Preacher now. Any other good Punisher books by the way?

I remember the Fraction run only because it's more of a dark comedy and the Rucka run.

Ruckas run is excellent. A different take on frank but I love it. He's a quiet big boss type figure in it.

PsychBat!

Banned
-

NOT TRUE

I don't like it either.

I mean the games are decent. I don't know if I'll play any of them anytime soon after release. Buuutt.... the conference as a whole, the presentation, the games, the PR, etc... very dull.

arkon

If you like the Ennis stuff, in addition to Preacher be sure to check out Hitman.

Top Bottom