• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I just got my new car and I am so tired because somehow traveling through half the country to get to Volkswagen City was very exhausting.
I should sit down and read some comics. Still have Cage waiting for me, I am gonna read it!

List
Action Comics #981
Dark Days: The Forge #1
Flash #24
Wonder Woman #24

If I catch up on Detective before Wednesday, I'll pick that up, too.

Deathstroke #19 a.k.a. The Lazarus Contract Part 3
I know I'm a bit late to the party, but whatever. I'm still gonna read it. Anyways, this was fine. I have an issue with the fact that Wally ran from Slade. Yes Slade is a better fighter, but Wally has a better handle on the powers by a large margin. It seems like a sizable handicap, but I accept it for the sake of the story.

Teen Titans: Special #1 a.k.a. The Lazarus Contract Part 4
Alright, so let's begin: I didn't like this. It was okay, but I'm not reading Deathstroke's book and I don't much care for what happened with the rest. Damien was the most dickish I've seen him in awhile and Wally
with the pacemaker just seems weird. As in: it doesn't make sense to me. Time shenanigans, I guess.
It really feels like some incredibly base continuity was ignored to make this work, and while I'm sure it's far more interesting if you're reading Deathstroke, I'm not and as far as I'm concerned it was just average.

Definitely the worst of the crossovers so far. At least The Night of the Monster Men had some over-the-top ridiculousness. This is an arc of Deathstroke involving two Titans teams.

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but whatever. I'm still gonna read it. Anyways, this was fine. I have an issue with the fact that Wally ran from Slade. Yes Slade is a better fighter, but Wally has a better handle on the powers by a large margin. It seems like a sizable handicap, but I accept it for the sake of the story.

Alright, so let's begin: I didn't like this. It was okay, but I'm not reading Deathstroke's book and I don't much care for what happened with the rest. Damien was the most dickish I've seen him in awhile and Wally
with the pacemaker just seems weird. As in: it doesn't make sense to me. Time shenanigans, I guess.
It really feels like some incredibly base continuity was ignored to make this work, and while I'm sure it's far more interesting if you're reading Deathstroke, I'm not and as far as I'm concerned it was just average.

Definitely the worst of the crossovers so far. At least The Night of the Monster Men had some over-the-top ridiculousness. This is an arc of Deathstroke involving two Titans teams.

I dig your icon.

caliph95

It pretty much only worth it for DS parts if you read DS

I dig your icon.
It's dope right? I got it through Jay and Miles X-plain the X-Men. One of their fans made it and they posted it to their tumblr.
It pretty much only worth it for DS parts if you read DS
That's exactly what I got from it. Which sucks, because when it started I was like, "oh there is going to be a deep dive into Titans and Deathstroke lore." And there really wasn't.

caliph95

It's dope right? I got it through Jay and Miles X-plain the X-Men. One of their fans made it and they posted it to their tumblr.

That's exactly what I got from it. Which sucks, because when it started I was like, "oh there is going to be a deep dive into Titans and Deathstroke lore." And there really wasn't.
The lazarus contract itself made no sense

dh4niel

I'm thinking of branching out into DC again. Could anyone recommend some good core DC titles? Haven't really read anything since about a year into New 52.

The lazarus contract itself made no sense
I didn't even think about that. It really doesn't.
The Contract was based on Grant taking a contract to kill the Titans. The way Slade makes it sound is that Grant took it whilst under Slade, meaning it passes to Slade. Slade would then resume the contract should Dick break the terms of their agreement. However, Grant didn't have a contract: he was sent by HIVE. Slade didn't want anything to do with HIVE.

Am I missing anything?
I'm thinking of branching out into DC again. Could anyone recommend some good core DC titles? Haven't really read anything since about a year into New 52.
Detective Comics
Superman
Nightwing
Green Arrow

Those are the best I can recommend. I've also been enjoying:
Batgirl and the Birds of Prey
Super Sons
Supergirl
Titans

caliph95

I didn't even think about that. It really doesn't.
The Contract was based on Grant taking a contract to kill the Titans. The way Slade makes it sound is that Grant took it whilst under Slade, meaning it passes to Slade. Slade would then resume the contract should Dick break the terms of their agreement. However, Grant didn't have a contract: he was sent by HIVE. Slade didn't want anything to do with HIVE.

Am I missing anything?

Detective Comics
Superman
Nightwing
Green Arrow

Those are the best I can recommend. I've also been enjoying:
Super Sons
Supergirl
Titans
No
that and the contract is i won't kill you until i decide to kill you and it barely plays into the plot besides making Dick look shady for a bit and wasn't even bad just train rose and Slade leaves you lone who wouldn't take that

Sandfox

From what I've seen Wally and Titans fans have a long list of things they hated about that story that they don't consider minor.

tim1138

Without knowing what characters you like, it's hard to make recommendations. Here's what I in single issues:

Bug! The Adventures of Forager
Doom Patrol
Flash
Green Arrow
Green Lanterns
Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps
The Kamandi Challenge
New Super-Man
Shade, The Changing Girl
Super Sons
Supergirl
Wild Storm
Wonder Woman

If you live in the US, see if your public library has a subscription to Hoopla (www.hoopladigital.com), and then you can try anything that's already out in trade

No
that and the contract is i won't kill you until i decide to kill you and it barely plays into the plot besides making Dick look shady for a bit and wasn't even bad just train rose and Slade leaves you lone who wouldn't take that
Yeah I didn't quite grasp the issue. Like Dick just being shitty for no reason
From what I've seen Wally and Titans fans have a long list of things they hated about that story that they don't consider minor.
Oh as a Wally fan I couldn't stand it, but convince me he'a scared of Slade. Fine, but there's other shit. It compounds.

Part-time rock star, full-time boss. Happy 70th Anniversary to Black Canary!
dcdmeqhwaae3ywt7oqwc.jpg

Edit: From Higgins:
Some really great stuff coming up from DC later this year, can't wait for some of this to get announced.
Big thanks to Dan and all the @DCComics team reaching out to retailers and providing us with info ahead of time.
To be featured in the next Previews.

I didn't like this. It was okay, but I'm not reading Deathstroke's book and I don't much care for what happened with the rest.

I agree completely with you on the Lazarus Contract, but I'm hung up on the fact that you're not reading Deathstroke. It's top notch Rebirth.

I came from the other end (reading Deathstroke, can't tolerate the awfulness of Teen Titans) and the crossover still sucks. So I don't think it works for anyone. Just a terrible, pointless story.

I agree completely with you on the Lazarus Contract, but I'm hung up on the fact that you're not reading Deathstroke. It's top notch Rebirth.

I came from the other end (reading Deathstroke, can't tolerate the awfulness of Teen Titans) and the crossover still sucks. So I don't think it works for anyone. Just a terrible, pointless story.

I wish at least we could have seen the scenes of Slade
going back through time trying to save his son over and over again and then seeing what he saw in the speedforce. But nope we had to watch the Titans bicker and be uninteresting and mostly useless.

Vic_Viper

Has D.C. Announced a Deluxe version for Sheriff of Babylon with both volumes in one book?

Also, what is included with the Vertigo HC by Brubaker?

It's one of the books I figured would be better in trade after reading the Rebirth issue. And I dislike TT as well. I'm just reading regular Titans.
I wish at least we could have seen the scenes of Slade
going back through time trying to save his son over and over again and then seeing what he saw in the speedforce. But nope we had to watch the Titans bicker and be uninteresting and mostly useless.
Yup. Could've just been a Deathstroke storyline with both Wallys being featured in it. Drop their storylines from the book so it doesn't affect either Titans title.

skybald

List

Kill the Minotaur #1
This looks real fun.

Winnebago Graveyard #1 of 4
I don't know what this is about. But it is only 4 issues so why not.

Xmen Blue #5
Did I even read 4 yet?

It's one of the books I figured would be better in trade after reading the Rebirth issue. And I dislike TT as well. I'm just reading regular Titans.

That's a very wise decision. This run does read better in larger chunks. I re-read 1-10 recently, then have been on the monthly train. I had forgotten a few major events. Priest writes everything out of sequence, which I think works better in trades.

Ross61

If 5/10 could be a press conference, it would be this press conference.

Xbox One X is DOA at $500.

Adding a lot of visual flash and trying to use ornate and over-enunciated dialogue to sound fresh and interesting without any real new meat.

I am still rather annoyed at having wasted my time with Detective Comics v2

Honestly, it's been really great so far.

Lots of different responses....

If 5/10 could be a press conference, it would be this press conference.

Xbox One X is DOA at $500.
Turned off Gladiators, brushed my teeth, laid down to sleep and checked GAF to see what had happened and I see this and the list of timed exclusive games. Yeah, it's probably DOA at that price outside the US and UK.

Well. The only thing I saw that interested me that was actually XB exclusive was Anime Souls. A game called Code Vein.
Not exclusive.

Good night~

Top Bottom